Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Thomas has a torn ACL.

I would see if he slides to the 6th think we might be able to get someone who can help with at least depth in the 5th this year Ladler or Trai Turner(4.9 40) come to mind immediately. Turner would have to fall but who knows his draft projection ranges from 3-5 depending on where you look

There is a kid from Nebraska that was supposed to be a top 100 talent that went down early last season too Spencer Long be interested to see where he ends up.

It appears that Grigs values fast lineman that was his big point on Lance Louis. Grigs said he saw him on tape preparing for the Bears game. He dug up his profile saw he ran a 4.7 40 started tracking him right then we know how that story ended.

I know it seems a little bizarre to look at a lineman's 40 time so close but Grigs seems to value it. Thorton was pretty fast too 5.02. Costa 5.00  It would not surprise me if the kid Turner from LSU ended up with a horseshoe. He ran third fast time of all lineman at combine.

Ooh that's a tough break. The dude did a good job against Clowney. Maybe he'll still be there in the later rounds.

Not that it will happen but, in my mind, if Clowney ends up in the AFC South I hope Thomas ends up with the Colts. It would be nice to have a player that can get in Clowney's head. :D

As unfortunate as this is, I think it definitely puts him on the Colts radar now. Grigson will be all over this like white on rice

The Colts being one of the teams with the fewest picks... you better believe we will be waiting to strike at the right time.

Count me in with the crowd who wants the Colts to grab him in the 5th round!

In fact, I'd be happy to trade up in the 5th round if we're at all concerned about Thomas not falling all the way to where we pick.

This could be some unexpected good bit of happenstance for the Colts!

Went online to see what some of the so called "experts" are saying about the injury and what will happen to him in the draft. He was thought to be a 3rd to 4th rd. talent. Now many of them are saying they think he might go undrafted. I won't go that far, and if he was there in the 6th or of course in the 7th, scoop him up.

As far as my 5th round pick, I am wondering if the Colts think about picking up Aaron Colevin from Oklahoma who injured his ACL in the senior bowl. He was projected as around a 2nd-3rd round pick, and looks to fall into the 5th thru 7th round, and we need CB's. Now if he is there with the 6th I would pick him over Thomas. Chapman worked out as a 5th, I expect him to only get stronger since last year was first year back. Taking really good players who got hurt, and taking them in the later rounds to me can be a real steal if you are set at positions and have the time to let them heal. I thought the 49er's got a steal last year taking Lattimore in the 4th. I know he has had two ACL tears, but he is the perfect replacement for Gore, and he had two tears before starring for SF. It is a good draft strategy if you know the injury, progression, and workout regiment, and their commitment and love for the game!