Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Linebacker Corps

pmoney1832

So i know we lost session but was he really worth the trouble anyway? I think we will do just fine with our linebackers Conner, Bracket, and Angerer. We all know those Iowa boys can play, a.k.a Sanders, Clark, so look at Angerer i was stoked when we got him, he will be a machine just wait!!!!

I think his departure will leave quite a big hole. We went 5-4 without him last year, even though Peyton played badly during a 3 game stretch. Our running game got worse after the bye week until Week 15. I'm making this judgement/opinion based on what happened with Ryan Lilja. Nobody thought that his departure would mean anything, but it ended up meaning a lot. I think that he will do very well in Jacksonville, and now we have to rely on a 2 year pro with limited starting time last year, or another guy who's been with the team or several years, but doesn't get that much starting time. Those 2 guys are good replacements. As much as people didn't like Session, I think that he helped out our defense quite a bit.

I think the three you said will do just fine. Its the depth that I'm concern about. With our DLine so small it puts that much more on our LB

I'm thinking that once the Manning deal is done, we'll more than likely pick up an adequate backup linebacker that some other team cut, plus we have the undrafted rookie linebackers too, which we'll develop over the next 4 years or so, turning them into very good players, at which point they'll be signed by the Jags or Titans.

We'll be ok, but I'm going to miss the hard hits that Session gave. He was a beast on the field, and a really nice guy off the field. What I won't miss is all the talk about a guy named Sessions... whoever that is...

It annoyed me so much when people called him Sessions. I know it's not a big deal or anything, but it was just one of those small things that irked me.

The Session that played the way he played his last two games before the injury will be missed. The Session that was the focus of Brian Billick's break down on the problems of the Colts run D will not be missed and can actually be considered addition by subtraction.

I still remember one of the three examples. Billick is explaining how the LBers have to flow to the direction of the play and then step up and fill certain gaps when they open. He runs the plays shows Brackett and says now he should fill this hole and then Brackett fills that hole, and then he shows Session and says this LB is supposed to fill this gap and Session starts running the opposite way, the RB cuts hit's that gap that Session just vacated and gets a huge gain. Billick even says "I don't know what he just saw there..." That is the reason the Colts did not sign Session.

And before anyone says that didn't happen or it was probably Wheeler, here's the link.

Session may end up doing very well in Jax. Jax allows their LBers more freedom in reading and reacting as opposed to the Colts where it is very strict gap responsibility.

It annoyed me so much when people called him Sessions. I know it's not a big deal or anything, but it was just one of those small things that irked me.

I always feel the same way when someone says core instead of corps. It's a receiving corps or lb corps, not core. Unless you are talking about the center or nucleus of the unit.

I always feel the same way when someone says core instead of corps. It's a receiving corps or lb corps, not core. Unless you are talking about the center of nucleus of the unit.

Another thing is when people write "should of" instead of "should have". What is should of? It makes 0 sense. It's should have, people

Another thing is when people write "should of" instead of "should have". What is should of? It makes 0 sense. It's should have, people

:applause:

I try not to be too critical because I know my grammatical skills are not the greatest but I do have some pet peeves.

Back on topic. I too am a bit worried about depth. With Angerer being capable of playing MIKE and SAM that helps. But I really hope they get Wheeler some time at WILL this preseason. One the Colts need him to be versed in both and two, I think WILL may be a better position for him because that position requires more athletic ability and less strength.

Colts need Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, DeMarcus Ware, Sam Huff, Derrick Thomas, Kevin Greene, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus and Lawrence Taylor, Larry the cable guy and Superman all playing in their prime. I'm not sure if they have enough caproom though, it also might be hard to acquire some of them. I'm sure we would see a significant improvement the D. They could also throw Ryan Leaf in as well at LB just for the to hedge against and injury then the universe would implode and cease to exist.

Colts need Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher, DeMarcus Ware, Sam Huff, Derrick Thomas, Kevin Greene, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus and Lawrence Taylor, Larry the cable guy and Superman all playing in their prime. I'm not sure if they have enough caproom though, it also might be hard to acquire some of them. I'm sure we would see a significant improvement the D. They could also throw Ryan Leaf in as well at LB just for the to hedge against and injury then the universe would implode and cease to exist.

This....LMBO

There are a few options for the Colts at linebacker. We can sign David Thomas who still hasn't signed with anyone. He is a bit injury prone, but if he can stay healthy he'd help out a bunch. And since there aren't really any other OLB to sign, we could maybe get Tulloch and move Brackett to the outside or viceversa and we'd have a pretty stout linebacking corp... but its not going to happen so whatevs.

Even with all that, there'd still be people on this forum complaining.

No one needs to be signed. We just signed a bunch of LB free agents, Conner, Angerger, & Hagler will get the job done as they did last year. I kinda like Conner alot. He appears to be VERY Physical, nose for the ball, & the stage was not to big for him. See a bright future for him. Sessions was good NOT great & IMO was inconsistent especially early each of the last 2 years. Jacksonville clearly overpaid for his services!!!!!!!