Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vaughn working out for Lions

I was kinda hoping he would be retained for depth and ST. 

eh, not me.  We have 4 solid CB's in Davis, Toler, Butler and Gordy.  I do think Gordy is solid as a #4 CB.  We'll have to see how Price has progressed but we're not really hurting for depth unless/until injuries occur.  I have a feeling we'll draft a CB at some point (this is supposedly a deep draft for CB's) so I'm fine with rolling with what we have plus a draft pick, plus I'm sure an UDFA or 2 and let those last guys battle it out for the final spot(s).  

Jim Caldwell is just gonna grab most Colts players we cut. Pat Angerer will be working out with them next watch haha

With the style of defense the Lions play, Angerer wouldn't be a bad pickup for them.  Neither would Vaughn if what Superman says is true in that he's a better zone CB than press-man CB.

I agree I am hoping for Attaochu  Georgia Tech in the 2nd and CB/S Lamarcus Joyner in the 3rd after he slips to us due to his supposed lack of size. I would really like to find a way for Grigs to get Exum from VT too but that is probably asking too much.

I am sure we will get something at CB draft is to deep not to.

eh, not me.  We have 4 solid CB's in Davis, Toler, Butler and Gordy.  I do think Gordy is solid as a #4 CB.  We'll have to see how Price has progressed but we're not really hurting for depth unless/until injuries occur.  I have a feeling we'll draft a CB at some point (this is supposedly a deep draft for CB's) so I'm fine with rolling with what we have plus a draft pick, plus I'm sure an UDFA or 2 and let those last guys battle it out for the final spot(s).  

I had no clue Price was still on the roster. In that case i take that back; the Lions can have him lol

Yeah, he's on the practice squad along with our other player's who'll be trying to make the roster at Training Camp

Season's over...there is no practice squad right now.  As of now Price is on the actual roster.

I actually liked Cassius I think our pass rush and to a degree Manusky's schemes have a lot to do with how bad our corners look at times

Vontae & Darius Butler seem to do just fine in our defense with their plays on the ball. Vaughn is just flatout bad

Not saying our defensive secondary is the best, but Vaughn surely wasn't good.

I actually liked Cassius I think our pass rush and to a degree Manusky's schemes have a lot to do with how bad our corners look at times

we had the same pass rush and schemes after Vaughn was benched and Gordy promoted, and after that happened the defense started playing much better for the rest of the season.  Yeah they still got smoked in the playoffs but by that time pretty much every player in the secondary was dinged up to some degree.

I for one actually like Cassius Vaughn.  He might not have been the most athletic CB out there but he wasn't as bad as what people make him out to be.  Yes, a big problem he had was the  difficulty to look back at the ball while running downfield, so I believe he would be better at Safety, but he did have 3 INT's last year.  It's amazing how many so called Colts fans trash people on here!!  Good luck to in Detroit CV.

I for one actually like Cassius Vaughn.  He might not have been the most athletic CB out there but he wasn't as bad as what people make him out to be.  Yes, a big problem he had was the  difficulty to look back at the ball while running downfield, so I believe he would be better at Safety, but he did have 3 INT's last year.  It's amazing how many so called Colts fans trash people on here!!  Good luck to in Detroit CV.

It's not trashing a player to acknowledge that he wasn't very good. Some players aren't very good; that's the way it goes. Vaughn wasn't very good. He gave up a lot of catches, committed a lot of penalties, and didn't make very many plays. I hope he does well in Detroit; I actually think it's a really good fit for him, where he'll be able to use his physical talents -- which aren't shabby -- to a fuller extent. He'll be facing the ball a lot more in Detroit's defense, rather than turning and trying to run with receivers, so his struggles with finding the ball and staying with his man will be minimized. But he he didn't play well for us.

I'd love to see him go to the Pro Bowl, to be honest. It might help us with a compensatory pick next year. But I'm acknowledging that he wasn't very good here isn't bashing or trashing him. It's pretty much just a statement of fact.

It's not trashing a player to acknowledge that he wasn't very good. Some players aren't very good; that's the way it goes. Vaughn wasn't very good. He gave up a lot of catches, committed a lot of penalties, and didn't make very many plays. I hope he does well in Detroit; I actually think it's a really good fit for him, where he'll be able to use his physical talents -- which aren't shabby -- to a fuller extent. He'll be facing the ball a lot more in Detroit's defense, rather than turning and trying to run with receivers, so his struggles with finding the ball and staying with his man will be minimized. But he he didn't play well for us.

I'd love to see him go to the Pro Bowl, to be honest. It might help us with a compensatory pick next year. But I'm acknowledging that he wasn't very good here isn't bashing or trashing him. It's pretty much just a statement of fact.

It's not just this post I'm talking about.  Ive saw multiple posts overall that fans make fun of or talk personal about Colts players, coach, or office personnel.  Calling Vaughn "neckbrace" or Jim Irsay a drug addict... is a little uncalled for.  Just my opinion and Im tired of it.

It's not just this post I'm talking about.  Ive saw multiple posts overall that fans make fun of or talk personal about Colts players, coach, or office personnel.  Calling Vaughn "neckbrace" or Jim Irsay a drug addict... is a little uncalled for.  Just my opinion and Im tired of it.

Yeah, it gets overboard sometimes. But Vaughn wasn't very good. And maybe you weren't aware for whatever reason, but there's a forum-based story behind the "Neckbrace" nickname...

One note on Irsay: He is a drug addict. He's admitted it, and recent news confirms that he's still struggling with that addiction. That's a statement of fact. It's not considered a good thing to be a drug addict, so stating that fact probably seems negative, even derogatory. But it is the truth. (And again, I agree, it gets old sometimes. Especially people who have agendas.)

Yeah, it gets overboard sometimes. But Vaughn wasn't very good. And maybe you weren't aware for whatever reason, but there's a forum-based story behind the "Neckbrace" nickname...

One note on Irsay: He is a drug addict. He's admitted it, and recent news confirms that he's still struggling with that addiction. That's a statement of fact. It's not considered a good thing to be a drug addict, so stating that fact probably seems negative, even derogatory. But it is the truth. (And again, I agree, it gets old sometimes. Especially people who have agendas.)

There is a reason you are a mod. Good post Superman.

Sir, Im not disagreeing with you, on that those aren't facts...  All im simply saying is that it is rude and wrong, so why criticize if nothing good can come from it?  I could call out "FACTS" all day long on here (about fans statements), it would probably make a lot of people upset and feel miserable.  They would be true statements but also 100% my opinion which is neither right or wrong.  There are certain things to just not say for RESPECT, which a lot of people do not have! 

Sir, Im not disagreeing with you, on that those aren't facts...  All im simply saying is that it is rude and wrong, so why criticize if nothing good can come from it?  I could call out "FACTS" all day long on here (about fans statements), it would probably make a lot of people upset and feel miserable.  They would be true statements but also 100% my opinion which is neither right or wrong.  There are certain things to just not say for RESPECT, which a lot of people do not have! 

Yeah, I don't know about that. Like I said, I agree it goes overboard at times. But there are going to be negative comments from time to time, and there will be differing opinions as well. It's a message board.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Like I said, I agree it goes overboard at times. But there are going to be negative comments from time to time, and there will be differing opinions as well. It's a message board.

What don't you know about?  I thought I was pretty clear!