Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forum Mock Draft - Need 6 more people.

Me and Chad72 are aiming to do a 3 round mock draft. Round 1 and 2 today at 6, and round 3 on Saturday.

We need 6 more people to join in for an 8 team mock draft.

First come first serve so if you want to participate, just post in this thread.

I think it would be fun.  Why not?  I may be a little late to the party but would happily jump in and stick it out tonight and tomorrow.  If you would want me to be there from start to finish and every pick, then count me out.  Not that I wouldn't want to, but just wouldn't want to screw it up for everyone else.

I think it would be fun.  Why not?  I may be a little late to the party but would happily jump in and stick it out tonight and tomorrow.  If you would want me to be there from start to finish and every pick, then count me out.  Not that I wouldn't want to, but just wouldn't want to screw it up for everyone else.

It's cool if you're a little late. I'll put up the pick order and everyone else can just alternate for your pick until you can jump in.

BTW - would we be assigned teams?  Might make it better for consistency's sake since there compensatory picks (I know there's only a couple in the 3rd, but just a suggestion). 

Then, everyone would want the Ravens, Jags, Jets and Browns due to the compensatory and multiple pick scenarios.

Maybe Dustin can make sure the top 8 teams with the most draft picks in the first 3 rounds are assigned as equally as possible, if it is possible :)

No team assignments. We'll go through 8 picks in order and start at the top again.

Oops, sorry, did not see your post. I like it this way, GMs would have to know multiple team needs anyway, so this makes sense to me to keep it simple. :)

See you all at 6 pm

It's cool if you're a little late. I'll put up the pick order and everyone else can just alternate for your pick until you can jump in.

No team assignments. We'll go through 8 picks in order and start at the top again.

Then, everyone would want the Ravens, Jags, Jets and Browns due to the compensatory and multiple pick scenarios.

Maybe Dustin can make sure the top 8 teams with the most draft picks in the first 3 rounds are assigned as equally as possible, if it is possible :)

Thanks guys.  Yeah, I'll jump in tonight when I get home and get my glass of whisky poured. 

As for the compensatory picks, it doesn't really bother me who gets more picks, it's just fun to me.  With there being 32 teams, as long as we have 4 or 8 teams, it seems we'd be drafting for the same teams anyway.  The only reason I asked it in the first place is that you could have a draft strategy in place for your assigned teams.  If say we had an odd number of mock draft participants, all your picks would be for a different team and you would be handcuffed by the strategy of person who drafted for that team previously.   

Like I said, it's jsut for fun, so in all honesty, it doesn't matter anyway.  Looking forward to the mock later tonight, gents (and of course ladies, if any participate).

Do we want trades in this draft?

I'd just keep it without trades for now. If we want trades, we need to do it like some other boards do, having a trading period where GMs can interact with each other over a period of a week, then do the draft for a week.

Lets walk before we can run :)