Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 new walter Mock drafts

So I have done a few new mock drafts out of boredom and found it a bit intriguing what I came up with.

Draft 1

59 S Terrence Brooks Floridia State

90 S Deone Bucannon Washington State

166 DT Caraun Reid Princeton

203 CB Bennett Jackson Notre Dame

232 DE Cassius Marsh UCLA

Draft 2

59 S Terrence Brooks Floridia State

90 DE Demarcus Lawrence Boise State

166 DT Caraun Reid Princeton

203 CB Bennett Jackson Notre Dame

232 CB Aaron Colvin Oklahoma

I based this on best Defensive player Available and need notice how 90 and 232 kind of switched in the two between DE and DB. What are your thoughts. I think that the second draft would give us the most talent overall although I do find it intriguing to have both Bucannon who is more a true SS and Brooks who is a True FS and also played CB so maybe versatile in that.

Another note what made me select Bucannon in the first was the fact he was there and he was actually one position grade higher than Lawrence on the big board.

Why only defense?  I mean it's not out of the question to draft two safties or two CBs in one draft (though I think it's crazy to draft two safeties with our first two picks to fill 1 position - it was different when we drafted two TEs, because they were often on the field at the same time).  As far as which is better, I'm not a fan of either since we only looked at defensive BPA, but if I had to pick - I like the second one better.  Not too high on Deone Buchannon and I've been a fan of us drafting Colvin in the 7th almost since I first started looking into this years prospects back in February.

Personally I don't think 3 picks for the secondary is necessary...I think one CB and one S is sufficient for the actual draft and not including UDFA's.  

So that said, I like the 2nd draft better than the first.

And keep in mind guys we are down another DB with Vaughn not being signed so there is a spot at this point for another CB and as far as two safeties my thought was if Landry goes down Bucannon would be a good back up for him and possibly take his spot in the future but worse case if he could beat out Brooks at FS then brooks could always play CB. And I took so many DB because although I really like Colvin he is coming off an acl injury so who knows how all that will turn out. I do think I rather take Lawrence in the third to provide some more pass rush.   

And the reason I went defense is because in all honesty with exception of the offensive line I think offensively we are more than great. Grigs has already basically said the center spot will be a dual between Costa and Holmes so we most likely will not take a center. We have two pretty decent tackles we are getting Thomas back Thornton needs a bit more experience but we added Louis who may be serviceable. And don't forget while there aren't many center left in FA there quite a few Guards so we always have that option also.