Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

We need to listen to one voice and ignore all the noisy negativists.Most of our errors are correctable.What the pundits and talking heads don't understand is we have been in all but 2or 3 of our games.A play here and a play there and we are 7-3.Coach Caldwell is doing a fine job.We will shrug off all the rats out to sea and finish strong.

Except for that last sentence. Caldwell is doing a lousy job or we would have won several ball games that the players kept us in. He stinks. He talks, and the players don't listen. Why not??????

BECAUSE HE IS NOT A LEADER ! ! !

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very true but i will be surprised if major coaching changes arent made in the offseason, if not Caldwell, Coyer for sure

off season is a different animal than in the middle of the season. If we fired Caldwell after the season I still don't think that's going to address the major problem but I am not really going to have an issue with it either. That's the time to make a change if they are going to do it.

Frankly if we do fire Caldwell I still think we need to wait and see what Manning's future is going to be. If Manning is back I think you go after a proven guy like Fisher if we are starting over with Luck maybe we go get a guy like Zimmer and give him a chance.

We need to listen to one voice and ignore all the noisy negativists.Most of our errors are correctable.What the pundits and talking heads don't understand is we have been in all but 2or 3 of our games.A play here and a play there and we are 7-3.Coach Caldwell is doing a fine job.We will shrug off all the rats out to sea and finish strong.

Bill Polian is in ur brain, controlling ur thoughts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8242134e/article/bettis-cowher-not-interested-in-coaching-any-rebuilding-teams?module=HP11_headline_stack

Jerome Bettis believes Bill Cowher isn't in a hurry to return to coaching -- unless he can join the Philadelphia Eagles or another established team.

--

So Bettis, coached by Cowher from '96-'05, believes Cowher would only want to go to an established team with a solid #1 QB in place. Sounds familiar to a certain team...you could argue about the established part, but with Peyton, we are definitely a division champ and Super Bowl contender

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Jerome Bettis believes Bill Cowher isn't in a hurry to return to coaching -- unless he can join the Philadelphia Eagles or another established team.

--

So Bettis, coached by Cowher from '96-'05, believes Cowher would only want to go to an established team with a solid #1 QB in place. Sounds familiar to a certain team...you could argue about the established part, but with Peyton, we are definitely a division champ and Super Bowl contender

I don't want Cowher his teams have a worse history of choking in the playoffs than Dungy's did.

I don't want Cowher his teams have a worse history of choking in the playoffs than Dungy's did.

This is true, but from my very limited knowledge of Cowher's teams, it was due to his offense more than his defense. He and Lebeau had the defense playing well. Again, I could be wrong because I know very little about Cowher's teams in Pittsburgh. If this is true, Peyton will take care of the offense (as he always has) while Cowher could take control of the defense.

WE HAVE THE GREATEST QB IN HISTORY......and sadly he has only one ring.

its coaching and front office.

The fact that he is even compared to Brady nauseates me.. and that is only a direct result of a system. That's not Peyton's fault, its coaching and the front office.

Why only one ring?

When we had a running game, we had no defense.

when we had a defense, we had no running game.

When we lost the greatest QB in history, we had neither a running game or a defense...

and here we are.

Patriots have the worst Defense in the NFL and they still win games.

Clean house from the top down. Stop at the roster.

The only change I would make is to get a premiere RB to complement our Passing Game. Can't do PA without a run.

Implement that before Peyton comes back and we're solid. The D is just built for leads, which we haven't had for 2 years, mostly because we have no running game.

And For gods sake, at least until this season is over....don't have career backups try to run Peyton's no huddle.

The fact that he is even compared to Brady nauseates me.. and that is only a direct result of a system. That's not Peyton's fault, its coaching and the front office.

Why only one ring?

When we lost the greatest QB in history, we had neither a running game or a defense...

and here we are.

The only change I would make is to get a premiere RB to complement our Passing Game. Can't do PA without a run.

Implement that before Peyton comes back and we're solid. The D is just built for leads, which we haven't had for 2 years, mostly because we have no running game.

And For gods sake, at least until this season is over....don't have career backups try to run Peyton's no huddle.

Well, we HAD Harrison, James, Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders....for more that one year.....Oh, and One and Donegy....except once....

Coaching, coachiing, coaching, coaching, coaching,,,,choking....

let's be fair, cowher was working with garbage qb's until big ben arrived...

They were good enough to get him homefield in most of those big playoff games he lost. If he had those losses here people would be killing for choking in the playoffs just like our fan base did Dungy. He's lost more home playoff games than Mora, Dungy, and Caldwell combined here (4 vs. Cowher's 5)

Well, we HAD Harrison, James, Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders....for more that one year.....Oh, and One and Donegy....except once....

Coaching, coachiing, coaching, coaching, coaching,,,,choking....

You do know we didn't go one and done under Dungy in 2003 and 2004 too right? We just didn't win the Super Bowl those years.

You do know we didn't go one and done under Dungy in 2003 and 2004 too right? We just didn't win the Super Bowl those years.

Didn't you know? People consider one and done any year you don't win the Super Bowl. As of right now the NY Jets are on like a 50 year one and done streak!

/internet sarcasm

Why only one ring?

and here we are.

The Miami Dolphins had one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and only had 1 SB appearance with him at the helm and no wins. Making it to the superbowl takes some luck and winning it even more, we have had a very successful run with our HOF QB.

The Broncos had a HOF QB who went to what like 4 maybe 5 SB and only won 2, we need to appreciate what we have had.

Caldwell is atrocious let's face it. Dungy wasn't a whole lot better. The Colts won all those games in spite of the coaching staff not because of it. I could have coached the Colts to a couple of perfect seasons with the talent they had. Why do people always say look at how many games they won??? Look at how many big games they lost but could have won with better coaching.

Rob

I have been away all season, so i'm looking to all of you to help me with your thoughts. First i want to know how players like Costanzo, IjalANA, Nevis, and Jerry Hughes are doing. the next thing i want to know is what holes we need to fill to be SB contenders again with Peyton being obvious. I awai all your expertise thanks for taking a little of your time to help me out.

I have been away all season, so i'm looking to all of you to help me with your thoughts. First i want to know how players like Costanzo, IjalANA, Nevis, and Jerry Hughes are doing. the next thing i want to know is what holes we need to fill to be SB contenders again with Peyton being obvious. I awai all your expertise thanks for taking a little of your time to help me out.

Ijalana got injured in his first game, which he was playing due to an injury to Castonzo I believe. Castonzo has been alright, but there is tons of room for improvement. Nevis has been a great surprise, he has been playing very well from what I have seen. Hughes hasn't gotten much playing time, but I think he got a sack.

What worries me about Jeff Fisher is that he never won a Super Bowl in I think 17 years with the Titans.

How many great players did he have there over that run and I mean great players that are on par with a Manning or Harrison for an example. Eddie George maybe? He had a bunch of very good players but very few great ones yet his teams always had a track record over over achieveing. I would be interested in seeing what he can do with probably the best amount of talent he had ever coached in his career and seeing what he can add to it.

They were good enough to get him homefield in most of those big playoff games he lost. If he had those losses here people would be killing for choking in the playoffs just like our fan base did Dungy. He's lost more home playoff games than Mora, Dungy, and Caldwell combined here (4 vs. Cowher's 5)

you mean the defense was good enough to get them there...

What worries me about Jeff Fisher is that he never won a Super Bowl in I think 17 years with the Titans.

how many sb wins would bill bellichick have if the pats hadn't won the ultimate lottery ticket in tom brady?? just saying a lot of pieces have to come together to win the ultimate prize...

how many sb wins would bill bellichick have if the pats hadn't won the ultimate lottery ticket in tom brady?? just saying a lot of pieces have to come together to win the ultimate prize...

I don't count the Pats superbowls totally credible because of cheating... but how come Fisher couldn't get the talent you are talking about in 17 years?

What the heck does Chris Carter know. I'm sick of these ex-NFL players acting like they actually know what they're talking about. You were a good football player....but you don't know the first thing about football, that's why so many stars are bad coaches. Mike Singletary comes to mind immediately.

We are slumping right now but Caldwell is NOT a bad head coach. The guy has lead us to multiple division titles and yes Peyton was healthy but a good QB can't take a team far without a good HC. Give this guy another year and we'll be back in the super bowl, and people will be biting their tongues about caldwell.

Right, compared to a bias fan that has no NFL experience, no journalism experience, and possible no girlfriend experience. You said they might have been good football players, but they dont know the first thing about football??? Say what.

6 time executive of the year? Have you been living under a rock for those 6 years? 6 - 5 = 1 Ha I beat you by a year. ;)

1988, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2009. He got his sixth because Peyton made Caldwell look like a good decision. Hindsight being what it is...... He got his 5th for taking Edge over Ricky......

So what do awards that are 15+years old have to do with anything? Warren Moon lead the league in passing in 1991, Lets bring him in because he's good right? It doesn't matter that it was 25 years ago.

Right, compared to a bias fan that has no NFL experience, no journalism experience, and possible no girlfriend experience. You said they might have been good football players, but they dont know the first thing about football??? Say what.

Was that really necessary?