Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Draft Ambivalence

Not really. These new guys are more intriguing than last season's for sure, even including 4th and 5th ranked guys like Carr and Murray.

I would say just like last year's top guys were overrated, so are this year. The difference is last year's class had really no talent anywhere, even in the later rounds. This draft has good QB's, it's just not the big 3 guys. It's the later round projected guys like Mettenberger, Murray, McCarron, Garoppolo, etc...

I would say just like last year's top guys were overrated, so are this year. The difference is last year's class had really no talent anywhere, even in the later rounds. This draft has good QB's, it's just not the big 3 guys. It's the later round projected guys like Mettenberger, Murray, McCarron, Garoppolo, etc...

Agreed....   interesting is a good word for them...   and some of them may turn out to be pretty good.

But there does not appear to be a great QB among them.   Or, if one does turn out to be great,  I think it'll be a surprise to most everyone.    A few may turn out to be on the level of Andy Dalton.   Or Carson Palmer.    Or Jay Cutler.    Or Ryan Tannehill.   Or even Tony Tomo....

I wouldn't be surprised to see several guys turn out to be really good.    But, great??    I don't see it.

No one looks like a guy you can count on to lead a franchise.........