148 members have voted

1. 1. Who got the better receiver?

• Colts Hakeem nicks
    • redskins desean jackson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the field Jackson is more consistent and probably better.

Off the field however Nicks doesn't to my knowledge have gang affiliations.

If I had to pick between the 2 for the same price I choose Nicks.  I really don't want a guy like Jackson on this team.

Also Jackson may cause problems in the locker room, Nicks I have not read about him being a problem in the locker room.

So overall when you consider personality, locker room presence, and character I would say Nicks is the better receiver.  

Nicks for attitude and raw ability. Djax for durability. If Nicks stays healthy, he is going to be deadly. 

I'd still do the Nicks deal 1000 times over.

With you Lolly ,Jackson is a distraction and no way fits here,good luck to the skins lol .They will have plenty of distraction to go around and IMO is a franchise on the way down.We don't cater to crybabys in INDY !!!! :hissy:  :violin:  :funny:

If I were building a team, I'd be going with the hot hand- Desean Jackson. Recent production and trend show Jackson as the better of the two players in consistency and durability. Nicks has had two down years- and last year the end zone might as well have been the fountain of youth for Nicks. He just couldn't find it. 

Jackson however had a career year- and you never know how guys like Mathis, Wayne and Luck would impact Jackson's attitude and off the field behavior. This is the same team that gave Da'Rick Rogers a second chance.

Just my two cents.

Get off Stephen's butt. This thread is fine.

They may be referring to the day we looked to the right side of the forum page under recent topics.....and ALL 5 had been started by Stephen.  I remember that day...and the previous two were by Stephen too   Sorry Stephen.....truth. :funny:

They may be referring to the day we looked to the right side of the forum page under recent topics.....and ALL 5 had been started by Stephen. I remember that day...and the previous two were by Stephen too Sorry Stephen.....truth. :funny:

Yes, but this is not that day. There is nothing wrong with this thread so why even bring is up?

Yes, but this is not that day. There is nothing wrong with this thread so why even bring is up?

This thread is fine....I have never complained about someone's threads.  Each person's clothes are their own choice....OOOPs....wrong Threads.

Need Brian Casserly...WRONG Forum!  :)

To answer the Question, Not that close. On the field Jackson is better/ far more valuable.

Andrew to often gets the ball out late and has his accuracy Problems, so with contested passes Nicks larger body and baskets for hands is a VN fit. I am very glad we got him.

Nicks for attitude and raw ability. Djax for durability. If Nicks stays healthy, he is going to be deadly. 

I'd still do the Nicks deal 1000 times over. 

Hasn't Jackson been only had 1 or 2 years where he didn't get hurt >? 

2008:  16 games

2009:  15 games

2010:  14 games

2011:  15 games

2012:  11 games

2013:  16 games.

Not bad durability for the most part. :)

Didn't he spend time on the bench , because of his whining and crybaby complaining ?

Jackson's off field issues are an un-needed distraction for any team, but his on field issues like dropping the ball before crossing the goal line are a there too. I think Nicks may not be as flashy... but will make a much bigger impact.

DJax is a better wideout. He can separate, he can catch, and he can stay on the field.

Nicks did not show the ability to separate last year and could not stay on the field, plus had untimely drops.

DJax's issues had more to do with authority and management. He was not Chip Kelly's guy and yet, he produced at a high level.

Nicks is low risk, moderate reward while DJax is moderate risk, high reward, IMO. His risk is overstated, IMO.