Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't sleep On the Colts!

sreylas937

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/28/indianapolis-colts-offseason-hakeem-nicks/

Much of the attention in the AFC during the offseason has, rightfully, been focused on the Broncos and Patriots. The two conference finalists each made major free-agent additions: DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and T.J. Ward in Denver, and Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner in New England.

One team that seems to have been overlooked, especially when it comes to the weapons being assembled for quarterback Andrew Luck, is the Colts.

On paper—and that’s all we have to go on, knowing much can change—Indianapolis has put together a formidable array of weapons.

At receiver, the Colts have the potential to line up with Reggie Wayne and free agent Hakeem Nicks on either side of the field, with the explosive and emerging T.Y. Hilton on the inside.

Just small excerpt from story

Did I just step out of a time machine? Is this deja vu? The odds a slim that this is a duplicate topic of an already existing thread!

I want to speak to the manager RIGHT NOW! MANAGER! ...MANAGER!...

I know what is going on... I have not had enough apple juice today... I am halucinating... that has GOT to be it.

On paper, we have a potentially scary good offense.  However, as we saw last year, injuries are unpredictable.  They will happen for us and every other team in the league.  And let's not forget our offense  defense was last seen giving up hundreds of yards rushing and nearly 100 points in 2 playoff games.  There are question marks, but the pieces are starting to fall into place.

On paper, we have a potentially scary good offense. However, as we saw last year, injuries are unpredictable. They will happen for us and every other team in the league. And let's not forget our offense was last seen giving up hundreds of yards rushing and nearly 100 points in 2 playoff games. There are question marks, but the pieces are starting to fall into place.

Think you mean our "defense" gave up the 100 points

On paper, we have a potentially scary good offense.  However, as we saw last year, injuries are unpredictable.  They will happen for us and every other team in the league.  And let's not forget our offense was last seen giving up hundreds of yards rushing and nearly 100 points in 2 playoff games.  There are question marks, but the pieces are starting to fall into place.

Other than the offense typo I agree with you 100%

If I am wrong I am wrong, I don't care. But, my bold offseason AFC prediction is that NEITHER the Broncos or Patriots will reach the AFC title game next year.

:applause:

*Sits you down slowly & hands you a glass of apple juice*

That'll be all from you Jules, that'll be all

That'll be all from you Jules, that'll be all

I really mean it though......but I will still take that glass of apple juice. *lifts to toast the Colts 2014-2015 dominance*

:clap:

"The big X-factor is Nicks. He posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2010 and ’11 and is only 26, but because of injuries and down production the past two seasons with the Giants, he to accept a one-year, $3.5 million offer." 

What do you mean by X-factor exactly Greg A. Bedard? The player with the most to prove? That's easy. RB Bradshaw. Nicks doesn't worry me in the slightest. He will be fine. SW1 just expects darn good production on the field when I have been vigorously defending you from getting cut this past season. Bradshaw don't let me down brother. I'm counting on you to not make us miss Donald Brown or take up the slack if Ballard is a tad rusty coming off of rehab. 

I really mean it though......but I will still take that glass of apple juice. *lifts to toast the Colts 2014-2015 dominance*

:clap:

Hey TK24, 2 questions: Do you chill a favorite blend of apple juice for special occasions on ice like a fine wine & do we have to bring our own Dixie paper cup over to your place to celebrate INDY's AFC Championship Game victory this season? That's right, SW1 said it the AFC CG & I believe it too. I expect INDY to keep moving forward with no hiccups or regressions whatsoever.  :thmup:

Yes, I realize apple juice comes in box packages with a straw, but I figured a huge punch bowl filled with a unique concoction made by TK for our 1st Luck era trip to the SB seems appropriate. Yes I know NE & Denver are good, but I like the Blue Horseshoe's chances to win it all this year. No guts; no glory baby! Being timid never got me anything worthwhile. I'm just saying. 

If I am wrong I am wrong, I don't care. But, my bold offseason AFC prediction is that NEITHER the Broncos or Patriots will reach the AFC title game next year.

That is definitely a gutsy pick there Jules. Even if you crash & burn on that proclamation, I like your mojo, moxy, & confidence Jules. Keep it up! Who are you putting in there then? The Colts & the Chargers?

Now, that would be a fantastic AFC CG IMHO.

I'd throw Houston in the mix too if they had cool as a cucumber QB under center, but until I know which new field general they pick & see 6 games, SW1 can't put the Texans there despite the fact that I do respect the only real NFL team in the Lonestar State.

No Jerry Jones, SW1 wasn't referring to your lackluster franchise BTW.  haha

I think we are at least in the AFCC. Personally, I think we are a much better team than we were at our best last year. Unless we get banged up, we are up there. I agree with Jules. No Tom or Peyton in the AFC title gamed. My guess is the Colts and some darkhorse team there. I can't figure out who it will be, but someone will make a run.

I think we are at least in the AFCC. Personally, I think we are a much better team than we were at our best last year. Unless we get banged up, we are up there. I agree with Jules. No Tom or Peyton in the AFC title gamed. My guess is the Colts and some darkhorse team there. I can't figure out who it will be, but someone will make a run.

Jets

One solid QB & CB away from being a contender in their division. Rex Ryan has that defense on cloud 9 after the performance this season. If Geno played better, Jets could've easily been in the playoffs. They've made some good signings thus far & if they land Chris Johnson, they're going toe to toe with the Pats for the division title

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/28/indianapolis-colts-offseason-hakeem-nicks/

Much of the attention in the AFC during the offseason has, rightfully, been focused on the Broncos and Patriots. The two conference finalists each made major free-agent additions: DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and T.J. Ward in Denver, and Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner in New England.

One team that seems to have been overlooked, especially when it comes to the weapons being assembled for quarterback Andrew Luck, is the Colts.

On paper—and that’s all we have to go on, knowing much can change—Indianapolis has put together a formidable array of weapons.

At receiver, the Colts have the potential to line up with Reggie Wayne and free agent Hakeem Nicks on either side of the field, with the explosive and emerging T.Y. Hilton on the inside.

Just small excerpt from story

It seems to me that Reggie Wayne plays the slot most of the time these days. His days as a sideline receiver may be about over. Why wouldn't you have your speed receivers on the side?

That sounds like a hater talking. The odds that both the Broncos and the Patriots being in the AFC title game are much higher than neither of them getting to the game.

That sounds like a hater talking. The odds that both the Broncos and the Patriots being in the AFC title game are much higher than neither of them getting to the game.

I hope you see the irony in you calling someone a "hater."

On paper, we have a potentially scary good offense.  However, as we saw last year, injuries are unpredictable.  They will happen for us and every other team in the league.  And let's not forget our offense  defense was last seen giving up hundreds of yards rushing and nearly 100 points in 2 playoff games.  There are question marks, but the pieces are starting to fall into place.

well the turnovers on offense did help contribute to those nearly 100 points so technically you could be right :)

I hope you see the irony in you calling someone a "hater."

No, I do not. I don't hate any team (well, I don't like the Patriots very much). I don't hate any players, especially Colts players and I don't hate other posters. What are you talking about. I am very positive about the Colts and I like their chances but I don't think that just because I am a fan that they will be in the Super Bowl every year. Are you the monster MOB says will awaken soon?

No, I do not. I don't hate any team (well, I don't like the Patriots very much). I don't hate any players, especially Colts players and I don't hate other posters. What are you talking about. I am very positive about the Colts and I like their chances but I don't think that just because I am a fan that they will be in the Super Bowl every year. Are you the monster MOB says will awaken soon?

Lol ok man

It seems to me that Reggie Wayne plays the slot most of the time these days. His days as a sideline receiver may be about over. Why wouldn't you have your speed receivers on the side?

Do you not watch Colts games, or are you just trolling? 

In Pep's offense, many times the slot receiver breaks to the outside. 

The Oline and Defense will make to break this coming season once again.

Eh, I think injuries will just like it did last year. 15+ on IR and we make the playoffs & get a playoff win

Yes injuries are apart of the game but the KEY injuries we had is flatout staggering

Jets

One solid QB & CB away from being a contender in their division. Rex Ryan has that defense on cloud 9 after the performance this season. If Geno played better, Jets could've easily been in the playoffs. They've made some good signings thus far & if they land Chris Johnson, they're going toe to toe with the Pats for the division title

Jets and Steelers both are teams I have had a gut feeling on being potential dark horses.

Then I am a proud hater. But, Camelot is going to end some year you know. If it happens this year I predicted it first here! If not then no big deal. Pats have made the last 3 AFCCG's. That trend will someday end. Denver lost the SB....history often does not favor those teams.

We'll see later who emerges! I suspect a few feisty dark horses will emerge around the AFC.......oh and the Colts.

The whole AFC is tired of Peyton and Brady, time has come to seize those bulls by the horns and slay them. Colts will be there right, front and center to be the one who does that.

Luck beats Peyton in divisional round and then Brady/someone else at home in the AFCCG. Just a little good health like we had with Bob Sanders in 2006, and we can make our own run with a little luck. Championships are not handed to teams on paper. We do have the talent to go toe-to-toe, IMO.

Jets and Steelers both are teams I have had a gut feeling on being potential dark horses.

Then I am a proud hater. But, Camelot is going to end some year you know. If it happens this year I predicted it first here! If not then no big deal. Pats have made the last 3 AFCCG's. That trend will someday end. Denver lost the SB....history often does not favor those teams.

We'll see later who emerges! I suspect a few feisty dark horses will emerge around the AFC.......oh and the Colts.

Both of those teams will do well as long as they have Peyton and Brady. That just makes them a contender every year and it won't end in the next three or four years.

The whole AFC is tired of Peyton and Brady, time has come to seize those bulls by the horns and slay them. Colts will be there right, front and center to be the one who does that.

Luck beats Peyton in divisional round and then Brady/someone else at home in the AFCCG. Just a little good health like we had with Bob Sanders in 2006, and we can make our own run with a little luck. Championships are not handed to teams on paper. We do have the talent to go toe-to-toe, IMO.

All of that with an offensive line that couldn't block your grandmother. No one will take the Colts seriously until they fix that. The good teams know that they can run at will and they can hammer Luck. The Colts need to keep and eye in the rearview mirror. That pounding sound you hear is Houston getting ready to get back to 10+ wins.

All of that with an offensive line that couldn't block your grandmother. No one will take the Colts seriously until they fix that. The good teams know that they can run at will and they can hammer Luck. The Colts need to keep and eye in the rearview mirror. That pounding sound you hear is Houston getting ready to get back to 10+ wins.

lmao

Yes call me a hater for putting down Broncos/Patriots but then say Houston of all teams is getting read to get back to 10+ wins when they usually.......well suck. Granted it is not impossible for the AFC South to rise up......the schedules are not that difficult IMO for us. Overall though the Colts will beat NE at home this year (yes it is going to happen this season) and we will see where the chips fall in the tougher road games.

Both of those teams will do well as long as they have Peyton and Brady. That just makes them a contender every year and it won't end in the next three or four years.

Oh no.....it will end eventually and sooner then later for one or both. Maybe one has good fortune.....but neither has won a Super Bowl for quite a while so it's time to wake up and smell the dark horses. And no I am not talking about Houston either.

Manning is closer to 40 now then 35. And Brady if Gronk is not on the field will lose his potency on offense. And Blount (who killed us) is gone now.

Oh no.....it will end eventually and sooner then later for one or both. Maybe one has good fortune.....but neither has won a Super Bowl for quite a while so it's time to wake up and smell the dark horses. And no I am not talking about Houston either.

Manning is closer to 40 now then 35. And Brady if Gronk is not on the field will lose his potency on offense. And Blount (who killed us) is gone now.

Running backs are a dime a dozen and any running back kills the Colts. Peyton has been to 3 of the last 7 Super Bowls and he will get to more. That Denver team is much improved on defense and the offense, Dell, they have Peyton and it will be the best in the NFL. Brady will beat the Colts yet again this year.  Dis Houston all you want. They had one bad year and they will be a force this year. They will beat the Colts at least once and so will one of the other south teams.

Jets

Not farfetched at all. I think they could be the team very easily. Great point TK

Satele is addition by subtraction, so is McGlynn when he played guard. Yes, this year is a make or break year for the OL but with good health of Donald Thomas and the development of Hugh Thornton, I prefer to look at it at my glass half full.

I like our signings with Arthur Jones and DQwell Jackson to bolster our front 7. Our 2-gap system is all about the DL holding the fort and Arthur Jones will have a ripple effect on the aging legs of Cory Redding thus improving efficiency across the DL, IMO. Again, good health is the best elixir for us and with Wayne, Dwayne Allen coming back and Hakeem Nicks, TY in the fold along with Da'Rick Rogers and Fleener, we will have enough speed for teams to respect that Luck can get out the ball faster in 3-step drops (he was already trending towards that last year) because we have enough guys that will be able to win 1-on-1 matchups.

The safety position does need an infusion of talent but to be honest, all AFC teams have flaws too. So, that is why our Colts team has a punchers' chance if we don't turn the ball over. I am not sure why it has to be so much gloom when we showed last year even without our current offseason additions that we could beat the likes of Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers last year before guys started dropping like flies.