Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Grades on the Colt's 2014 FA Deals

BlueStallion

Well, all is lost. Guess we'll have to look forward to 2015.

BTW, was this the website that predicted the Texans in the SB last year?

Yeah, the problem is that people hold PFF as "fact" around here. If this guy was rated the highest, then he's the best. Not true at all. 

Exactly. He is basically a 1 year rental and we signed Davis long term. Revis also has his entire 1st year salary guaranteed ($12M). When Revis gets his next long term deal, it's going to be worth significantly more than $12M.

Depends what kind of year he has. Davis contract is essentially a 2 year deal if the Colts want it to be. Having a top 3 CB isn't really worth the money that Revis has got in the past (16 Mil) If you look at past SB champions, none had truly elite shut down corners except Deion.

Depends what kind of year he has. Davis contract is essentially a 2 year deal if the Colts want it to be. Having a top 3 CB isn't really worth the money that Revis has got in the past (16 Mil) If you look at past SB champions, none had truly elite shut down corners except Deion.

Sherman

PFF is right and wrong about our signings. Davis had some bad games last season. You compare Baltimore's front 7 to ours. Arthur Jones had more help to free him up. Then we sign a player who excels in a 4-3 better than a 3-4. I know we run a hybrid defense so I hope DQ fits in that regard. These signing are on the hope that Chapman, Werner, and Hughes can make a huge jump. Mathis can't do it alone this season. We need another pass rusher behind him. We still need a CB and a Safety. Hope we make those moves in the draft. We could only sign a few guys in FA because we have 2015 to worry about. I like the moves, but you can't go against stats in some cases. This would be a few of them.

Our pass coverage has stunk,  and Davis played throughout the past two years.

I did not think he deserved the big paycheck.

With the big FA signings of Davis, Jackson and Jones, I just do not see much improvement for our defense in 2014.

then I would probably go watch another team

PFF does good work, but their opinions on FA signings are pretty meaningless to me. 

I agree there.  I think they gave like one signing a positive grade and then proceeded to grade everything else as indifferent or negative.  

Hard to take it seriously when they don't really like but 1 signing.