Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Believe In Jim Irsay/Jim Irsay carrying $29k during traffic stop (merge)

Synthetic

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pocket change to a billionaire

I get that but still, what if he was robbed? And now thanks to nosey ESPN.... like BucColts said Jim could be in trouble roaming the streets of Indianapolis now that everyone knows he's carrying loot. I hope he stays safe. You should never carry that kind of money around

You're not surprised? I surely am

Who carries $29k around?! Even if I had that kind of money I wouldn't carry that around

That's highly dangerous!

I agree that's dangerous. Especially, now that's it's a public announcement.

I'm not surprised though.

Yeah, that's a ton for you and me (not knowing you much, just guessing).

But, I think we may both be a little surprised how many billionaires may do same.

Pocket money

I wish I had that kind of pocket money Jvan. Clearly, my circle of friends do not derive from affluent backgrounds I guess. "Que Sera, Sera Whatever Will Be, Will Be" as the old song goes....

Almost 30,000 grand in cash is ridiculous to me. It's not very smart. Just stick with debit & platinum credit cards Jimmy. You never have that much walking around money in greenbacks. It's just crazy to me.

But, I think we may both be a little surprised how many billionaires may do same.

Yeah it's a lot for me, I'm only 19. You don't know too many 19 year olds walking with $29k in their pockets haha

I can't speak to the pattern & behavior of other wealthy individuals because I am not one, but actor John Wayne is rumored to always have $3,000 on him always because he was so worried about being broke that he always wanted tangible cash on him 24/7. Maybe Jim likes cold hard cash on him at all times. It beats sewing it the mattress I guess or shoving cash underneath it anyway.  haha

I can't speak to the pattern & behavior of other wealthy individuals because I am not one, but actor John Wayne is rumored to always have $3,000 on him always because he was so worried about being broke that he always wanted tangible cash on him 24/7. Maybe Jim likes cold hard cash on him at all times. It beats sewing it the mattress I guess or shoving cash underneath it anyway.  haha

Hmm, I'm pondering exhumation.   :)

Once again, I had really hoped this wouldn't be a topic on here today.....   :facepalm:

I really don't see the harm in joking around about Mr. Irsay's disposable income income or whatever he chooses to carry his cash around in. What's the problem? Absolutely nothing IMO. 

We are all concerned about Jim's mental health sure, but come on, SW1 doesn't wanna live in a world where you can't have some jokes about how the other rich have lives. JMO. No one is the Pope here. 

There was a reason he was carrying around 29 K in cash, by himself, and we all know why. Glad he's getting help, but the authorities will certainly start to investigate the source of the illegal pills. That is why this was all cash transactions.

He wasn't buying 30 grand in prescription pills. :facepalm: You watch too many movies

It's all coming together here. Irsay was trying to escape since he got into the conspiracies of the end times starting soon. He hoarded up as much cash as he could fast, got his pills together and jumped in his car.......to hide.

But, his plan backfired.

He will get through this though. In Jim Irsay we trust!

There was a reason he was carrying around 29 K in cash, by himself, and we all know why. Glad he's getting help, but the authorities will certainly start to investigate the source of the illegal pills. That is why this was all cash transactions.

Gunna hafta agree with jvan in this one. There's been no evidence mentioned to date to support your thinly veiled accusation. I think it takes people aback to imagine carrying that kind of cash around, but ultimately I think this is just in the news for its sensationalism.

To imagine, though, that I've always been rubbed the wrong way with how my brother-in-law always carries 3-4 grand in his wallet. I've always taken it as him being a little too flashy. But he is far from a billionaire, so there's that.

Gunna hafta agree with jvan in this one. There's been no evidence mentioned to date to support your thinly veiled accusation. I think it takes people aback to imagine carrying that kind of cash around, but ultimately I think this is just in the news for its sensationalism.

To imagine, though, that I've always been rubbed the wrong way with how my brother-in-law always carries 3-4 grand in his wallet. I've always taken it as him being a little too flashy. But he is far from a billionaire, so there's that.

I understand to a point about you guys saying that 29 grand is nothing to him. But this is also possible. Most millionaire's/ billionaires generally don't carry cash, and sign for everything. Everybody knows they are good for the money. The only reason you would carry around 29 grand is if you don't want it traced. On top of that, they found the pills in his car. He didn't even know where his house was he was so impaired. Thankfully , he didn't kill someone or himself that night.

It's water under the bridge on that we know he had a problem , and everyone wishes him a speedy recovery, but you can't really make light of the situation, or ignore the facts.

I'm tired of seeing this man dissed, and disowned by his own team's fans, so I'm going to tell you that I actually like him and believe in him.

Support your owner while you can, not that it really matters as I'm sure he has better things to worry about besides what fans think of him (if I was an owner I strictly wouldn't care what people think of me - not that I really care what people think of me anyway)

Be thankful Arthur Blank isn't your owner

Be thankful Paul Brown isn't your owner

Be thankful Jerry Jones isn't your owner

Be thankful Dan Synder isn't your owner.

Irsay isn't that bad of a guy. He seems like a cool guy anyway.

Give him some support, he is after all your owner and has done a hell of a job with this team over the years. I know a lot of people seem to hate him over Manning, but you have to move forward. Luck is the future, and I believe in Jim Irsay. The Colts will be back in the Super Bowl eventually.

I think he had tough times recently. He divorced, and had a hip surgery, so everything was against him. Surgery may have "helped" to re-develop his dependence on pain-killers.

IMO he is one best owners, who unfortunately has to fight his demon again.

Stay Coltstrong Mr. Irsay!!!

That's not even a joke.

In theory, 29k to him, is about 18 dollars to a person with a net worth of 1M.

Wow, so you are saying that his 29K is equivalent to me having a $5 dollar bill on me. Gee, I thought I was doing okay. Now I am depressed. :(