Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Were Peyton Manning Would You Leave For Another Team?

I know this sounds like the usual 'Is Manning leaving?' thread but its a little different

put yourself in Mannings shoes right now

Do you think the Colts did their absolute best to surround you with the best available talent on both sides of the ball AND special teams so you could have a shot to win the Super Bowl every year?

based on that question alone does that make you want to stay with the Colts? Or go to an another organization that would do a better job if not already have that kind of talent.

Edited by ssarow

It's not his call. The Colts are calling the shots with the $28 millon option in February. Peyton will be a Colt so long as the front office deems he is healthy enough. If they don't renew the option then that will tell us alot about his health and he will become a free agent and could sign with whoever.

Colts surrounded Peyton with alot of talent since he came to Indy. Mostly on the offensive side of the ball (Faulk, Marvelous Marv, Edge, Dilger, Pollard, Dallas, Reggie Wayne, etc.) but not enough on the defensive side (Freeney, Mathis, Bob). Nevertheless, the team had legitimate chances to win it all in 2005 and 2009 but came up short. So Peyton has had enough chances for multiple rings here but hasn't been able to deliver with this team for various reasons.

If Manning is healthy enough to play, then the Colts need to pick up his option. In which case, he should play until either he is ready to retire or the Colts want to start Luck (assuming we draft him). I say we give a healthy Manning another 2 years and use the "wait and see" approach. If he is still putting us in a position to win Super Bowls then we go with Manning until his contract is up, if not then we go with Luck and look for a way to get Manning out of town.

If Manning is healthy enough to play, then the Colts need to pick up his option. In which case, he should play until either he is ready to retire or the Colts want to start Luck (assuming we draft him). I say we give a healthy Manning another 2 years and use the "wait and see" approach. If he is still putting us in a position to win Super Bowls then we go with Manning until his contract is up, if not then we go with Luck and look for a way to get Manning out of town.

Exactly. We don't have to get rid of Manning next year just because we draft Luck. We could take Luck and let Manning start so long as he is healthy enough & still producing and then just let the cards fall where they may going forward into the future.

The answer is obvious: Peyton stays. He just signed a giant deal to stay with the team, and the team is at least as talented, if not better, than it was when we were negotiating his deal. We have some promising young guys and so far we have been relatively healthy this season (as compared to last) This is Peyton's House and the only way he would play for another team is if the Polians force that card on him.

There is no question, in my mind, that he plays in anything but Speed Blue and White.

If the Colts do not pick up the option and he feels he is healthy enough to play, and has a team offering him the chance to play, then yes would. Why wouldn't he? He won't be traded, but he might be released by not having the option picked up. With so many people already having Andrew Luck penciled in as the starter, if Manning is healthy and they don't pick up the option he won't have any other choice but to go to another team.

Right, the only way Peyton isn't with the Colts is if the management decides not to play him. He would not ask to leave because of the current state of the team. With this team, we would be winning the AFC south, just like usual. This is the same core of guys that Manning has been so successful with.

Don't buy into the media hype.... This team is this bad because Peyton is THAT GOOD

Why leave ? He knows the talent level here . He's been turning chicken ....into chicken salad for years . He has receiving talent & some depth in the backfield . How much better would these guys be playing w/ him under center ? I submit that we'd be highly competitive . The line ? Hasn't been right since Tarik Glenn retired but we have two early round choices that look like they could be players . And they'd look much better w/ a decisive quarterback who has diagnosed the defense before he even takes the snap & knows instinctively where the wr's will be & when they'll make their breaks . He can do it w/ his eyes closed . How much better would that defense be playing if the offense kept them in games or if they actually had momentum ? If he could play like Peyton again then why leave ? Making this team competitive again just adds to his legacy .

Could you imagine how many rings Manning could have had with Baltimore, SD, or Pittsburgh's defense (a few years ago for the latter)?

I would want a competent defense and a solid O-Line (it looks as if the front office tried to address that with Castonzo and Ijalana being drafted. I would have liked a veteran FA there also, though.

The D was addressed to a smaller extent with Harris, Anderson, and Sims signings. Drafting Nevis helped, too, but little else was done. I think there's a coaching issue (team-wide) especially with the D.

I would hope that Peyton would stay off of the blogs like these. There is a lot of speculation and nasty things being spewed right now from all different directions and media outlets. Peyton has played on some good teams. They have won a lot of football games over the last decade or so. They had a chance to run the table more than once. They have had some big contracts to work under the cap on the offensive side of the ball. You have to fill in the gaps and man a defense with a pretty tight budget after that. I am unhappy about this season too, but everyone needs to take a deep breath and be patient. Let's wait and see what the future holds for Peyton's health before our head's explode. This team needs new leadership from top to bottom, but if I am Peyton Manning, I stay a Colt. His best chance of winning and getting what he wants around him is here with the tweety bird.

It's not his call. The Colts are calling the shots with the $28 millon option in February. Peyton will be a Colt so long as the front office deems he is healthy enough. If they don't renew the option then that will tell us alot about his health and he will become a free agent and could sign with whoever.

Colts surrounded Peyton with alot of talent since he came to Indy. Mostly on the offensive side of the ball (Faulk, Marvelous Marv, Edge, Dilger, Pollard, Dallas, Reggie Wayne, etc.) but not enough on the defensive side (Freeney, Mathis, Bob). Nevertheless, the team had legitimate chances to win it all in 2005 and 2009 but came up short. So Peyton has had enough chances for multiple rings here but hasn't been able to deliver with this team for various reasons.

If the Colts draft Luck, Peyton is gone. Dallas would be a good place to land with Dez Bryant, Miles Ausin, and Jason Whitten to throw to. The Cowboys have a lot of talent, but are not going to win big games with Romeo at QB. Jerry is an owner who might give up a lot for Peyton.

PM is just hoping that he can play again. Unfortunately the Colts dont have an offensive line to halfa... protect him. He cannot continue to take the hits that he did in 2010. But according to Polian that is not Polian's fault. I think it is.

I wouldn't leave. I wouldn't run out just because they had one bad season? That's not a leader, you stick with them until the end.

If he has the option, he will stick around. He is a leader. The issue is will the front office allow him to stick around.

What gives the Colts a better chance to win: Manning or a rookie (I know it's Luck but still). Manning. PM needs to realize this and the Colts need to pick up his option. If and once the Colts do, PM has to play hard for the next 4 years and retire a Colt!

Now, I'll answer the question. To be honest, I don't know. I'm not him. I would think no because the Colts are the team that put food on your table for the last 13 years, plus they've been so loyal to you, and don't get me started about how the fans have been... so I'm saying NO but I'm not him.