Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Players Receive Bonuses

How'd the NFL sack leader not get the biggest check?

:scratch: :scratch:

"the heftier checks generally go to players, often low-round draft picks or those who were not drafted, with lower cap numbers who wind up starting or playing significant minutes.

"the heftier checks generally go to players, often low-round draft picks or those who were not drafted, with lower cap numbers who wind up starting or playing significant minutes.

Well in that case, Griff Whalen should've got the biggest check solely based on his performance vs the Chiefs in Kansas City lmao

Whats sad is those Bonuses are more than some people have to live on for the whole year. :slaphead: That's the first I have ever heard of bonuses in the NFL. It's no wonder ticket prices are so high. JMO of course.

How'd the NFL sack leader not get the biggest check?

:scratch: :scratch:

Basically it seems to me to be extra money for dudes who where out there playing but where not getting starter money.  Mathis is the highest paid player on the team and certainly compensated as a starter.  So he doesn't really need or deserve the bonus money.  With his contract compensation he should be one of the best defensive players in the NFL.  

Freeman on the other hand is playing on something close to minimum salary.  

Whats sad is those Bonuses are more than some people have to live on for the whole year. :slaphead: That's the first I have ever heard of bonuses in the NFL. It's no wonder ticket prices are so high. JMO of course.

agreed.  they are paid WAY more than enough to live off of VERY happily and stress free for playing a game they love.... then they get a bonus too as if their life wasn't easy enough already.   This world is F'd up.

hahah I love people who complain about how much money these players make yet pay for cable to watch NFL games, buy jerseys, go to LOS.  We are paying their salary folks!

They have the rarest of rare physical gifts and worked their butts off to get where they are. Good for these guys!  Especially guys like Freeman and Throton

agreed.  they are paid WAY more than enough to live off of VERY happily and stress free for playing a game they love.... then they get a bonus too as if their life wasn't easy enough already.   This world is F'd up.

Who are you to decide what is enough?  The NFL (and pro sports in general) is as close to true capitalism that we can get.  Players are paid based on their value to the organization.  The value to the organization is multi-faceted but a big thing is how much revenue that player will help generate for the organization.  Then, like true capitalism, those that perform above expectations are rewarded with bonuses.  Seems like a near flawless system to me.

Coffeedrinker said:  "Then, like true capitalism, those that perform above expectations are rewarded with bonuses.  Seems like a near flawless system to me."

C Samson Satele;$26,958.39

WR David Reed;$26,609.47

:spit:  

Sure you weren't referring to Cronie Capitalism?  How low of expectations were theirs to receive a bonus?