Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Espn: Peyton Manning Would Leave Colts 'peacefully' If They Drafted Andrew Luck

bayone

I don't get everyone on here screaming for Luck. If anything the last couple of years worth of draft picks has shown is that there is no can't miss college player. He could be the next Ryan Leaf for all we know. You have to calm down and see what happens to Manning, see if he's healthy. The man deserves to play in a Colt uniform as long as he wants. If he's healthy draft tools on defense and weapons on offense and some free agents to get him another couple of rings. You know what you have with Manning, with Luck I'm just not ready to believe the hype and I'm not ready to throw Manning away. EVER HEAR OF LOYALTY.......guess not.

Just because someone wants to draft Luck, they dont automatically have to be disloyal. Peyton is an immortal figure in the colts history, and in the history of the NFL, and no one wants to see the end of his career, ever. But, in football, people get old, and they eventually can not play the game of football anymore, and by drafting luck, you give yourself the best opportunity possible to continue the success you have had over the past 12 years.

Everyone knows the draft is a crapshoot, but lets say we dont draft luck, and we go after a defensive player, whats to say he doesnt become a bust, or doesnt pan out to be what we want him to be? If luck is available, you draft him plain and simple. Having a good QB is almost essential to winning in the NFL, as we have seen this year, you cant just throw someone in there and expect him to succeed, see Curtis Painter. Thats why i Believe drafting luck, and him sitting behind Peyton for a couple years can do nothing but help him in the long run.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without cleaning house from a coaching staff perspective drafting luck is asking him to perform better than Manning has over 13 years, and that structure has only given us 1 Lombardi. This team has underachieved more times than not, and I put that on the structure and Manning having to do so much.

Asking Luck to come in and exceed what Manning has done is setting up for failure. The only way I would even consider drafting Luck would be after firing the staff, hiring a coach that will install the WCO and having a system that nearly any QB can be decent in.

The other option is of course to auction off the # 1 pick and stock the team and address the QB position later via the draft, a trade, or free agency. If Manning is done, then it will need to be addressed likely in this draft because Curtis Painter is not the answer at all. The way this coaching staff has used the Quarterback position this year is ridiculous and they are the last staff that needs to get their hands on Andrew Luck.

Can anybody tell me with a straight face that they HONESTLY think we will draft Luck? No way with Manning a good prospect to groom in Painter. Seriously, we have way too many holes of defense to fill. I've seen too many "sure fire" QBs go no. 1 overall and bust. I don't think I need to list examples.

Trade the pick.

Luck has one of the weakest arms I have ever seen. Maybe if we had some talent in other positions we could win some games and make us even better when manning comes back. This franchise has proven has been proven inept once again with how they just depend on one guy and without him we are done. I think the GM needs to go and everyone with him.

Luck has one of the weakest arms I have ever seen. Maybe if we had some talent in other positions we could win some games and make us even better when manning comes back. This franchise has proven has been proven inept once again with how they just depend on one guy and without him we are done. I think the GM needs to go and everyone with him.

Look, I'm not saying we should draft Luck with the first pick, but to say that he has the weakest arm that you have ever seen is flat out uninformed. Phil simms opened his big mouth and said that he hasn't seen Luck make NFL type throws and now everyone thinks Luck has a weak arm. Phil Simms said that to be a contrarian so that people will notice him. Who even knew that Phil Simms existed afer his football career? He made one statement and now the media, Peyton Manning, and others are commenting on what he said, and you've fallen for it.

Look, I'm not saying we should draft Luck with the first pick, but to say that he has the weakest arm that you have ever seen is flat out uninformed. Phil simms opened his big mouth and said that he hasn't seen Luck make NFL type throws and now everyone thinks Luck has a weak arm. Phil Simms said that to be a contrarian so that people will notice him. Who even knew that Phil Simms existed afer his football career? He made one statement and now the media, Peyton Manning, and others are commenting on what he said, and you've fallen for it.

I knew who Phil Simms was! He's a CBS announcer with Jim Nantz on the prime time CBS broadcast. During the games there is a "Sims Spotlight" or something like that.

Peyton Manning would walk away (or be traded) from the Colts 'peacefully' if the team drafted Andrew Luck No. 1 overall in the 2012 NFL Draft, it's kind of crazy around here.

Here are Laura's Tweets from earlier this morning:

ESPN NFL Sunday Countdown: If #Colts took Luck, #Manning would believe Luck should start, so he (#18) would leave peacefully

ESPN NFL Sunday Countdown: Option on Manning is scheduled for March 8. Gives #Colts from March 5 to March 8 to trade him if they decide to

I personally didn't see this ESPN countdown segment, but Laura (who used to work with me here at Stampede Blue) is a strong source to follow on this.

http://www.stampedeb...if-they-drafted

Once we see Manning is healthy... I say we trade that 1st pick for as much as we can get... Go get Manning a Megatron!!!!! (Calvin Johson) style wide reciever... resign Wayne, Clark, & Addai on offense along with Garcon, Collie, & Carter. The rest is used stacking the D

In my dream world with Manning healthy of course..... We gave Manning a 5 year deal for 25 million dollars after 5 years he gets another 25 million dollar bonus AND 25% of the colts franchise. Sounds crazy I know, but, think about it ,now we have a GM, head coach, OC in Manning for years and years to come. His knowledge is pricless.

Once we see Manning is healthy... I say we trade that 1st pick for as much as we can get... Go get Manning a Megatron!!!!! (Calvin Johson) style wide reciever... resign Wayne, Clark, & Addai on offense along with Garcon, Collie, & Carter. The rest is used stacking the D

agree , but also make sure OL can protect that neck

No link but Re arm velocity , said by many but they also said rest of his abilities great, yet many say Barkley ( spelling ) just as good lately

Until we know the extent of Manning's injury, this all very moot. Nice to speculate I know. But whatever the outcome of that particular scenario, do we really trust that Polian, Polian & Co will do the correct thing, make the correct decision for the good of the org? If I'm being perfectly honest, I'd prefer JSkinnz to make the decision rather than Dastardly and Muttley.

Don't be surprised if we go with Robert Griffin 3.

with the #1 pick? L O L

Peyton knows in the back of his mind he's done. the team shares the same feeling. the phins/rams/cards are exceptionally better teams than we are. Luck is ours.

phins take kalil, rams take alshon, cards will take griffin. done. over.

with the #1 pick? L O L

Peyton knows in the back of his mind he's done. the team shares the same feeling. the phins/rams/cards are exceptionally better teams than we are. Luck is ours.

phins take kalil, rams take alshon, cards will take griffin. done. over.

Please stop posting things, these illogical "predictions" are giving me a headache... just stop before you fall any farther...

Why would Miami not take Barkley or Jones if they lost out on Luck?

Exactly. I saw someone say they take kalil. I dont thnk they know that the fins have Jake long. And yes one could argue the other could be moved to RT but why use a 2nd ovr pick on that? Im pretty sure if the fins lose out on luck they will take either Barkley or Jones

Can anybody tell me with a straight face that they HONESTLY think we will draft Luck? No way with Manning a good prospect to groom in Painter. Seriously, we have way too many holes of defense to fill. I've seen too many "sure fire" QBs go no. 1 overall and bust. I don't think I need to list examples.

Trade the pick.

You draft him because Peyton is old and injuried, Painter is not an NFL QB and you don't pass on a talent like Luck. Look at what Peyton has done with what many consider marginal talent over the past decade...no reason to think Luck couldn't do the same thing.

You draft him because Peyton is old and injuried, Painter is not an NFL QB and you don't pass on a talent like Luck. Look at what Peyton has done with what many consider marginal talent over the past decade...no reason to think Luck couldn't do the same thing.

Luck would be left with less talent. Since Wayne Clark Saturday and Freeney would all probably retire a year or two when Luck "takes over" for the colts. Plus Jim Caldwell will just stand there and do nothing.... You dont expect Luck to put up manning numbers with addai and a young but unxperienced o-line with an inconsistent Garcon and Collie do you?

Luck would be left with less talent. Since Wayne Clark Saturday and Freeney would all probably retire a year or two when Luck "takes over" for the colts. Plus Jim Caldwell will just stand there and do nothing.... You dont expect Luck to put up manning numbers with addai and a young but unxperienced o-line with an inconsistent Garcon and Collie do you?

No I expect the Colts over the next 2-3 drafts to do what they have done in the past and bring in players around Luck for him to be successful just like they did with Manning.

No I expect the Colts over the next 2-3 drafts to do what they have done in the past and bring in players around Luck for him to be successful just like they did with Manning.

"Just like they did with manning"? Are you sure your not gonna hate luck like you do with peyton when luck doesnt win more than 1 SB? If the colts do what they did with manning we will have a tough time winning any

SB's. We cant make the same mistake and rely so heavily on our QB

"Just like they did with manning"? Are you sure your not gonna hate luck like you do with peyton when luck doesnt win more than 1 SB? If the colts do what they did with manning we will have a tough time winning any

SB's. We cant make the same mistake and rely so heavily on our QB

If Luck comes in and say over a 10 year period has say 10 winnings seasons, a SB win and another appearance I will consider it a HUGE success.

Thats what peyton has done and all over this forum your posting that this is all peytons fault. Do you have a grudge against that guy?

I have never said anything was Peytons' fault. What I have said about Peyton is that he is not a great "passer" and this the Peyton era is over and if need be we should look to trade him down the road if we can get a younger replacment who will be cheaper for the next 4-9 years. What is happening this season is no one's "fault" it is just what happens in sports.

I have never said anything was Peytons' fault. What I have said about Peyton is that he is not a great "passer" and this the Peyton era is over and if need be we should look to trade him down the road if we can get a younger replacment who will be cheaper for the next 4-9 years. What is happening this season is no one's "fault" it is just what happens in sports.

http://forums.colts....ause-of-peyton/ yes you have

Please stop posting things, these illogical "predictions" are giving me a headache... just stop before you fall any farther...

ill be sure to bump this post too. dont worry. i imagine we wont see you around much after that.

Coyer = LeBeau AMIRIGHT? hahahahahahahahaha

ill be sure to bump this post too. dont worry. i imagine we wont see you around much after that.

Coyer = LeBeau AMIRIGHT? hahahahahahahahaha

?

Whatever... hey guys, did yall know that John Chick is going to the pro bowl according to "Phil J!" And I told you to stop posting illogical things, but you've dug an even deeper hole for yourself...

And I don't understand why you keep bringing up Coyer and Lebeau. Is that supposed to embarrass me, lol? I hope Coyer does start coaching like Dick Lebeau.

Luck throws the bowl so soft its absurd. I hope he makes the national championship game against LSU and shows the whole world how a real NFL defense would look against him. We also know that he wont have any offensive line to protect him. Trade the Pick and draft some O-linemen and let Manning do his thing and we can cross the bridge of needing a QB in the 4 years of Manning leading us to the glory land. Also you so called Colts fans make me sick. "We should suck for Luck." Real fans show up and cheer for their team to win each and every game no matter how meaningless they are. You so called fans make me sick.

Also you so called Colts fans make me sick. "We should suck for Luck." Real fans show up and cheer for their team to win each and every game no matter how meaningless they are. You so called fans make me sick.

We shouldn't have to suck for Luck, the team is already doing that on their own accord. No one can change that. You shouldnt be mad at fans, but at the team or GM for allowing this situation to happen in the first place. Fans have NO bearing on wins and losses in the games. Your anger is misplaced at the wrong group.

No reason to think Luck couldn't do the same thing? Dude, Peyton is arguably the best QB ever. No matter how good a prospect is, you can't reasonably expect them to be a HOF player on par with Peyton. Never, even if his name is Andrew Luck.

And I don't understand why you keep bringing up Coyer and Lebeau

because its absolutely absurd and ridiculous to hope a light automatically shines above his head and he channels one of the greatest DC's in the history of the game.

i'll keep reminding people you think Coyer has the ability to be like those guys. :)

We could bring in Luck and he could learn behind Manning. It'll be just like when the Cardinals had Warner and drafted Leinart. They let him learn for a few years behind Warner and now the Cardinals are set at the NFLs most important position.

because its absolutely absurd and ridiculous to hope a light automatically shines above his head and he channels one of the greatest DC's in the history of the game.

i'll keep reminding people you think Coyer has the ability to be like those guys. :)

That's fine, you can keep bringing it up :) At least no one has seen me proclaiming that John Chick is a pro bowler hahaha. I don't know where you got that one from lol... that's just embarassing.

Luck throws the bowl so soft its absurd. I hope he makes the national championship game against LSU and shows the whole world how a real NFL defense would look against him. We also know that he wont have any offensive line to protect him. Trade the Pick and draft some O-linemen and let Manning do his thing and we can cross the bridge of needing a QB in the 4 years of Manning leading us to the glory land. Also you so called Colts fans make me sick. "We should suck for Luck." Real fans show up and cheer for their team to win each and every game no matter how meaningless they are. You so called fans make me sick.

Agree with you except for the part that luck has a weak arm. The guy can make ANY throw. Put it this way. His arm is just as strong or stronger than peytons. Not a cannon, but enough to get the job done.