Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Do Something Different!

unitaswestand

Come out and run the ball the first 10 plays. Start Orlovsky. Run a double reverse. Have a half back option pass. Play a 3 man line with Hughes and Wheeler rushing from the standing position. Fire Jim Caldwell and promote Tressel. Do SOMETHING different. What is so frustrating is that each week, the Colts line up as if it is week one and Peyton Manning is playing and they do the same things over and over again. Same mistakes, same results. I know they aren't tanking it but it comes across like they really have no desire to try to shake up things to win. After all, haven't we seen enough of Curtis Painter to know the guy isn't a starting NFL QB? Could anyone be worse? What is there to lose at this point???

I'll never forget the brilliance of Bill Walsh. During the strike season of 1987, I think it was, his ran a wishbone offense. Why? It was the easiest to teach scab players and it fit the personnel.

Come out and run the ball the first 10 plays. Start Orlovsky. Run a double reverse. Have a half back option pass. Play a 3 man line with Hughes and Wheeler rushing from the standing position. Fire Jim Caldwell and promote Tressel. Do SOMETHING different. What is so frustrating is that each week, the Colts line up as if it is week one and Peyton Manning is playing and they do the same things over and over again. Same mistakes, same results. I know they aren't tanking it but it comes across like they really have no desire to try to shake up things to win. After all, haven't we seen enough of Curtis Painter to know the guy isn't a starting NFL QB? Could anyone be worse? What is there to lose at this point???

I'll never forget the brilliance of Bill Walsh. During the strike season of 1987, I think it was, his ran a wishbone offense. Why? It was the easiest to teach scab players and it fit the personnel.

yes i agree we need to try something, also we need to get ready for next year and look at the players we have in game situtations, try everyone see what they can do , then keep them, trade them for draft picks or cut them

I like the run heavy scenario, but starting Orlovsky is a little early. Start Orlovsky if they see improvement in the bye week, but Curtis should still be the starter. I like your ideas, but I think's it's too much to do: 3 man rush? Promote Tressel? A little unrealistic.

I don't understand why we aren't switching everything up either. We know what we have done for the first 9 games has made us win less. There is no reason to not bring in exotic plays. We are just so conservative it's pathetic. I really think Polian is the head coach of this team. The rest are just yes men to him. Hence why we suck so bad absent Manning.

Archived