Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Cromartie?

at least he was on the field didn't do much but he played ok better than toler holding the clipboard

In all honesty, Vaughn did actually turn his head toward the ball one time last year...a great improvement over past performance.   :spit: !!!

At least he downed the ball in the endzone on kicks....unlike David "I'm comin to join ya honey" Reed!! :funny:

Sanford_Coming_To_Join_Navy_Shirt.jpg

I hope not please no Vaughn is beyond terrible.

More FANS who just don`t seem to follow the action very well. .

Vaughn showed real improvement last season. He was productive in his limited backup role. It should have been obvious.

Vaughn had 6 passes defended, the same as Bethea.

Vaughn had 3 int. The same total as Bethea, over the last 4 seasons. lmao!

Vaughn had a FF  None for Bethea.

Obviously at different positions, just a statement about the Effectiveness of one and the lack of of another. As always, JMO of course.

Too bad a FAN isn`t really watching what is going on.

Vaughn showed real improvement last season. He was productive in his limited backup role. It should have been obvious.

Obviously at different positions, just a statement about the Effectiveness of one and the lack of of another. As always, JMO of course.

Number of passes defensed and interceptions are a poor way to evaluate a CB.

I would suggest QB rating when throwing towards his coverage as a better indicator.  

I have no idea what that is, I'm just saying that you can't use passes defensed and int's to evaluate a CB.  

Number of passes defensed and interceptions are a poor way to evaluate a CB.

I would suggest QB rating when throwing towards his coverage as a better indicator.  

I have no idea what that is, I'm just saying that you can't use passes defensed and int's to evaluate a CB.  

Actually you have to use those stats to evaluate a CB. Clearly the tape, scheme and the talent surrounding give the best story.

I have watched Bethea for years and those stats did truly reflect how weak he was in coverage.

And i watched Vaughn and would be glad to have him back, rather than HE IS AWFUL. I highly doubt a Rookie would come in and play as well, and believe he still has upside.

If that is the case then Dewayne Allen is already past his prime at the age of 24. He had an awful year due to a hip injury as well.

No DWAYNE Allen didn't play last year because of his hip. Cromartie recovered and still sucked the whole season. There is a reason why he's still on the market and will get a low deal before the age of 30.

No DWAYNE Allen didn't play last year because of his hip. Cromartie recovered and still sucked the whole season. There is a reason why he's still on the market and will get a low deal before the age of 30.

First off the hip injury occurred during the season so he probably never did recover until after the season. Second if he waits less than a month he can get a low deal after the age of 30! Fun for him. But really we have enough cap space to sign him to a one year incentive laden contract. If he performs well then great but if not we only lose a couple mil and carry that cap space over to next year. He will be the number two CB here matched up against number two WRs which that alone should cause him to have a better season.

The defense went from good to horrible when Toler went down and Vaughn had to take over at #2 CB.  The defense continued to be horrible over a ~5 game span while Vaughn was still in that role.  Once Vaughn was benched and Butler/Gordy took over at #2, the defense played considerably better.  That tells me pretty much what I need to know about Vaughn.  I really hope he is not brought back.

Vaughn had a FF None for Bethea.

Vaughn is bad. Juding DBs by ball plays exclusively is laughable.

Sorry.....   but once fans here decide someone is terrible,  then it's official -- they're terrible!

Doesn't matter how many times they're wrong,  they're fans and they know better!

If we had a better eye rolling emoticon,  I'd use it....

But for now,  your good post will have to do....