Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are we starting at HB?

bestQBever

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Richardson or Bradshaw will start. When healthy Bradshaw is too good to be a back up role, and we probably have too much invested in Richardson to not try to start him at least for the first couple games. I like Ballard, but I was never sold he's a starter.

I'm sure Richardson or Bradshaw will start. When healthy Bradshaw is too good to be a back up role, and we probably have too much invested in Richardson to not try to start him at least for the first couple games. I like Ballard, but I was never sold he's a starter.

We had the same amount invested in him in 2013 when he lost his job and barely played down the stretch. 

They'll all get plenty of carries. Lets just hope Bradshaw stays healthy, Ballard comes back 100%, and T-Rich turns it around and becomes the RB we all know he can be. If these three things happen, T-Rich will be the starter. Ballard will get a lot of touches, and Bradshaw will be in on 3rd down.

You guys can guess all you want, but Trent is meant to be our starting RB, however there is no clear cut answer.  That is what training camp and the pre season is for.  Grigson has already stated he's bringing in competition and letting the players fight it out.  The best man wins...  I love them all but, GO TRENT!!

The bottom line is the offensive line pure & simple .

I'll be happy with whomever starts IMO V Ballard proved his self in 2012 & I can't wait to see him back on the field .

If Bradshaw can stay healthy  & T- Rich plays up to his potential our Colts running game will be a force in 2014 IMO .

Just fix the swiss cheese O-line ..

You don't spend a first round pick on someone to not play. Sorry you guys will be seeing plenty of Trent, and I'm sure the coaches are going to give him the first opportunity to prove himself and start.

Being a first rounder does'nt guarantee anything .

Donald Brown took several years to prove his self  if T- Rich can't get it togeather which I believe he will   Ballard & Bradshaw will will get the nod the Colts don't have to force the issue IMO .

Those of you that are 100% convinced Trent will be the feature back (and there's a good chance you're right) did you miss the Playoffs?

It's not about production. It's about a GM trying to give his guy a chance to help him save face for making one of the dumbest trades in the past few years, easily. Grigson's destiny will ultimately be tied to that trade if it doesn't pan out and the wins stop coming

I think Richardson will win the job in camp and be the starter. He is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. The guy can do it all he is a 3 down back.. I think last year was a humbing experience for him and he will come back strong.

If not we could be in a little trouble at RB Bradshaw/Ballard both coming off significant injuries. I watched the playoffs if he doesn't try to switch hands in traffic (which you learn not to do in pop warner)we would have got a look at his open field speed after the fumble he really didn't get another chance.

Anyone know which shoulder he had scoped?

If Bradshaw could stay healthy, we could easily be a number one seed.  I think he brings that much to the table.  But for health reasons, I don't think you take the risk of making him an every down back.  He is, no doubt, the most talented runner on this team.   

I think Ballard starts, and T-Rich spells him for breathers and on short yardage situations.  I think Ballard get more carries though unless TRich actually has a break through season.  I think Bradshaw is used sparingly (i.e less than 10 carries a game) until the play-offs. Furthermore, if the O-line is at least marginally better than last year, we could have the most balanced offense in the NFL.

Don't see Grigs and Chuck trading a first round pick for a guy to play 2nd or 3rd string to other RB's. I think it's clear that Trent will be the starter. Now depending on how he performs will determine if that will last the entire season. But I think it's Trent-Bradshaw-Ballard.

I've never thought that Ballard was the most physically talented player at RB. To me he's an average talent that runs hard. I'm curious to see what he'll be like coming off of an injury, but if I had to guess right now the depth chart would be 1) Richardson 2) Bradshaw 3) Ballard 4) Herron/Rainey/Unknown Rookie. I think the Colts will keep 4 RB's but at this point who knows.