DE Fili Moala

Kicker Adam Vinatieri

Punter Pat McAfee

Added via Free Agency:

WR Hakeem Nicks (Giants)

Hybrid DE/NT Arthur Jones (Ravens)

LB D'Qwell Jackson (Browns)

Center Phil Costa (Cowboys)

IMO we're good at every Offensive Positions save the line. Costa givs us some depth at Center and possibly Guard however we're obviously going to go after the Oline in the Draft and possibly still going forward in Free Agency.

With both Vaughn and Gordy remaining unsigned (at least for now), that would seem to indicate we're also going to go after CB in the Draft and possibly still going forward in Free Agency.

Anyone seeing anything else?

I thought Gordy has been given a tender off of some type?

Honestly, I'm expecting both Gordy and Vaughn (yes, Vaughn) to eventually be back on the Colts.

Oh......   but I would not be surprised (or upset) to see us take another corner.....   yes, along with a much needed safety!

I thought Gordy has been given a tender off of some type?

Honestly, I'm expecting both Gordy and Vaughn (yes, Vaughn) to eventually be back on the Colts.

I think Gordy and Reitz got qualifying offers but apparently have not signed them yet. So there's a 50/50 chance they'll both be back.

And I too would be surprised if Vaughn isn't re-signed.

I think Gordy and Reitz got qualifying offers but apparently have not signed them yet. So there's a 50/50 chance they'll both be back.

And I too would be surprised if Vaughn isn't re-signed.

that's what I was thinking about Reitz and Gordy also.

Free Safety. I think if we add a good Center(doesn't have to be Mack) or a stop gap, we'll be set at O-Line, and draft a safety and pass rusher. The rest could be depth.

Yep. FS is a need, we're counting on Howell who hasn't shown consistency or durability.

Obviously, interior line. And we need someone to step up as a pass rusher.

Yeah on the Free Safety.

I'd be surprised if we drafted anyone who has "Pass Rusher" as his greatest strength.

Agree. When I said step up, I meant someone on the team now. Like our 13 #1 pick. Or maybe Adongo. Heck no one thought Mathis would amount to anything coming out of a small college.

Agree. When I said step up, I meant someone on the team now. Like our 13 #1 pick. Or maybe Adongo. Heck no one thought Mathis would amount to anything coming out of a small college.

Yeah. I'd like to see how Cam, Adongo & this Muamba dude pan out in Training Camp. And I'm still kinda wondering if Muamba is going to transition to Safety

Boy that would be a thumper coming across the middle

Yeah. I'd like to see how Cam, Adongo & this Muamba dude pan out in Training Camp. And I'm still kinda wondering if Muamba is going to transition to Safety

What's Muamba full name? Gonna look him up on youtube app real quick

Free Safety. I think if we add a good Center(doesn't have to be Mack) or a stop gap, we'll be set at O-Line, and draft a safety and pass rusher. The rest could be depth.

You think that center was the only problem on that offensive line? Did all of the sacks and hits on Luck come right over the center? We have a horrid offensive line and we have done nothing to really make it better.

You think that center was the only problem on that offensive line? Did all of the sacks and hits on Luck come right over the center? We have a horrid offensive line and we have done nothing to really make it better.

Nope, it's not the only thing that's wrong with the offensive line. We have injured players coming back, and a good center will make our line a lot better. We don't need elite guards to protect Luck.

Someone else can put together a list of Safeties, CBs & Centers (that fit our schemes) available in the draft but here are some guys still available via Free Agency (Not exhaustive. Just guys IMO who could possibly play in our systems).

Center:

Eric Olsen (Steelers)

Brian de la Puente (Saints)

Safety:

Ed Reed (Jets)

Kendrick Lewis (Chiefs)

Omar Brown (Ravens)

James Ihedigbo (Ravens)

Anthony Levine (Ravens)

Ryan Clark (Steelers)

Jim Leonhard (Bills)

CornerBack:

Antonio Cromartie (Jets)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Broncos)

Champ Bailey (Broncos)

Christopher Owens (Dolphins)

R.J. Stanford (Dolphins)

Drayton Florence (Panthers)

Deveron Carr (Bucs)

We need a center....

We need a safety....    (I don't know if it's free or strong?)

And we need more pass rush.    A team can never have too much pass rush.   I suspect most of this will come from players already on the team....    the question becomes who will step up and deliver?

We need a center....

And we need more pass rush.    A team can never have too much pass rush.   I suspect most of this will come from players already on the team....    the question becomes who will step up and deliver?

We need a free safety.

We need a free safety.

Except that many say Landry plays free safety and not strong.    That Bethea played the strong.

So,  I'm not sure it's clear that we need a free safety?     Can Landry play both and move over to strong?    I don't know?

I'm only sharing what I've seen in several threads here on the website.....

Except that many say Landry plays free safety and not strong.    That Bethea played the strong.

So,  I'm not sure it's clear that we need a free safety?     Can Landry play both and move over to strong?    I don't know?

I'm only sharing what I've seen in several threads here on the website.....

Landry is better as a SS and not a FS. He can't play both. I don't know where you saw that, but Bethea played free safety, and not Landry. Free safety is a need, unless we want to rely on Howell.

Nobody...and by nobody I mean nobody competent...has said that. ;)

Landry is the SS and Bethea was the FS.

You might want to Ponder this.

Bethea has below average cover skills

Bethea is the ONLY Safety with 100+ tackles each of the last 4 seasons.

When we played single deep coverage wasn`t it Landry back there?

Hmmm!

Nobody...and by nobody I mean nobody competent...has said that. ;)

Landry is the SS and Bethea was the FS.

Hey,  that's what I always thought, and was surprised when I read otherwise on this website.

And it wasn't one poster who wrote it several times.    There was multiple posters saying this....   figured I wasn't paying close enough attention?  

Ok....   I'm only curious because I'm trying to gauge whether we're looking to sign a free agent Free Safety, or Strong Safety??

Hope that clarifies.....

I'm pretty sure the argument was that the depth chart technically had Landry at FS. The staff believed Bethea and Landry to be interchangeable anyways. Regardless of title, we need a safety who can cover well. I don't care what position he says he is as long as when there is a receiver, that is the guy covering him. 

We need a center....

How about Bjorn

I think we need to resign Vaughn.  I wasn't sold on Costa but as of late I think he will be okay.  Free safety obviously needs to be addressed, but I think Howell can do it, just needs to develop.  That being said, I think we save the rest of our money for the draft/future.  In the draft bring in competition for FS, C, and G positions, but I think for now were as good as were gonna get.

Laron Landry is a strong safety. Period. He needs to spend the majority of his time in the box. There is no reason that he should be relied upon as a single-high safety.

We need a starting caliber Center. I'm still holding out hope for Alex Mack.

At this point I expect a defense heavy draft, with a Safety who can play in space being prioritized. Definitely

don't mind seeing another Nose Tackle, Cornerback and two more young Offensive lineman.