Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

denver and new england

I don't love Denver...could care less about that team. I do root for players that have meant a ton to me and I don't quit liking them because of a team. Guys of upstanding character and values...these are guys that I want my children and young people to model themselves after I'm going to root for. I still root for my Colts to win it all...but if one of these guys has a shot it's a natural things to want good things for them. Regardless of the team there are players I root for when the situation occurs...and any fan of football would find it difficult to not root for these types of men/players with the exception of maybe playing against their favorite team. I'm not the type of person to be negative...I try to look for things to like and root for.....for lack of better words I'm not a hater. I like being positive and at the end of the day I feel better.

I am a fan of the Colts. Once former players go, I don't follow them or root for them. I would be careful about having your kids idolize any of these guys. I mean look at Darren Sharper. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of the Colts. Once former players go, I don't follow them or root for them. I would be careful about having your kids idolize any of these guys. I mean look at Darren Sharper. 

They don't idolize them. I guarantee the only person they idolize is Jesus Christ...but when you discuss the qualities of a man...his hard work, dedication, giving spirit, and when your trying to get your kid to put in the extra work to practice...in a world of Allen Iversons...PM isn't such a bad guy to try to emulate. Please don't try to read too much into this...I'm being serious...these kids need role models in all forms of life...church, at home, at school, professional world, and yes..in sports/tv too...nothing wrong with finding qualities in people in all walks of life to help give examples of doing things the right way.

And I am a fan of the Colts too....but I'm a bigger fan of football...played beautifully and the right way. I always root for the Colts in all their games...but I'm not going to stop enjoying watching a player play because he switches a uniform...only is sports do you stop liking a guy because he changes his shirt....so dumb.

Then what's the point? The Lombardi is not given to the team with the most cap space, it is given to the best team. How dollars are allocated determine champions not fancy deals.

No...it's given to the team that wins the SB. Plenty of times the best team doesn't win it all. Having the best team often gives you the best opportunity to win it though. That said I do 100% agree fancy deals for lack of better words doesn't mean a thing...we've seen many signings that look like a can't miss not work out. Sometimes its the smaller moves that turn out to be the biggest difference. Sometimes its simply a couple guys coming back healthy like perhaps a Gronk, Wayne, Rodgers, or as we saw in the SB a guy get healthy late like Harvin who no one had any game tape on and no idea how he could be used. It's going to be a great season to watch...and it will be interesting to see how a lot of these moves work out. All we can do is look at them on paper and so far they've been impressive...even ours to be honest. Nicks should really give our offense a much needed boost and help make it more consistant and Jones and Jackson should really go a long way to shore up our run game. 

Then what's the point? The Lombardi is not given to the team with the most cap space, it is given to the best team. How dollars are allocated determine champions not fancy deals.

This all started because SOMEONE said that Denver was setting themselves up to be in bad shape cap-wise after this season... which they are not...that was my whole point. I didn't say that "cap space wins championships", I said that they're actually going to be in very good shape vs the salary cap.

This all started because SOMEONE said that Denver was setting themselves up to be in bad shape cap-wise after this season... which they are not...that was my whole point. I didn't say that "cap space wins championships", I said that they're actually going to be in very good shape vs the salary cap.

Won't matter because they are going to suck for awhile after manning retires. Don't think there's another manning to sign

Won't matter because they are going to suck for awhile after manning retires. Don't think there's another manning to sign

Well...not to argue much...but we didn't exactly "suck for a while" after Irsay cut Manning...my point is just that they're building a very talented young team, and wisely using cap space to fill holes to maximize their chances to win while they do have Peyton. And who knows how good Osweiler may turn out to be...but Wilson proved that if the team around the QB is good enough, you don't hafta put up great #s from the QB position to win.

Well...not to argue much...but we didn't exactly "suck for a while" after Irsay cut Manning...my point is just that they're building a very talented young team, and wisely using cap space to fill holes to maximize their chances to win while they do have Peyton. And who knows how good Osweiler may turn out to be...but Wilson proved that if the team around the QB is good enough, you don't hafta put up great #s from the QB position to win.

They're trash

I''ve been saying this for a while now and get attacked by delusional fanatics of this team whenever I do but the OP is correct in saying New England and Denver will have amazing teams.  The Colts cannot compete with these two teams this year.  We will lose to both of them barring something miraculous like them losing several starters due to injury,  The Colts just aren't at the same level and as fans we need to temper our expectations.  This is not a super bowl or championship year for this team. And before you say no one is saying that I would suggest you look at numerous other threads where multiple people are discussing the Colts and a championship and criticizing anyone who thinks differently.  I believe we absolutely can field a team that is in the top 5 of the AFC and the top 10 of the NFL and that should be the goal this year because we absolutely can't compete against a healthy Denver or a healthy New England.

that's a bunch of malarky lol if we are healthy we can compete against anybody. The one thing we lacked was consistency. I can see us sweeping denver and the pats or at the very least going 1-1.

I don't see the Colts beating the Bengals or the Ravens. I don't see the Colts winning more than two games against the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins. I don't see the Colts beating NE or Denver no matter where the games are played. I also do not think they will go 6-0 in the division. I expect either 5-1 or 4-2. Now, I fully expect the Colts to win at least one of these games I think they will lose. So, that would make them 9-7 or 10-6. It might be good enough to win the division or it may not. The Colts had lots of serious holes to fill. They haven't completed that yet. The defense is slightly improved. The offense is improved very little. It is still a very bad offensive line and they have done nothing with that. You don't usually fix that in one year with the draft. NE is better and will be much better if they re-sign Wilfork. Denver is vastly better and with injured players returning will be just as imposing as last year or even better. Elway went all in, as he should with a one to three year window. The Colts have more time and can go more slowly because there window is ten years. They won't be a Super Bowl contender this year but they will be fun to watch develop.

The colts will destroy the bengals and ravens and sweep the nfc east. i say 13-3 or better.

I don't see the Colts beating the Bengals or the Ravens. I don't see the Colts winning more than two games against the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins. I don't see the Colts beating NE or Denver no matter where the games are played. I also do not think they will go 6-0 in the division. I expect either 5-1 or 4-2. Now, I fully expect the Colts to win at least one of these games I think they will lose. So, that would make them 9-7 or 10-6. It might be good enough to win the division or it may not. The Colts had lots of serious holes to fill. They haven't completed that yet. The defense is slightly improved. The offense is improved very little. It is still a very bad offensive line and they have done nothing with that. You don't usually fix that in one year with the draft. NE is better and will be much better if they re-sign Wilfork. Denver is vastly better and with injured players returning will be just as imposing as last year or even better. Elway went all in, as he should with a one to three year window. The Colts have more time and can go more slowly because there window is ten years. They won't be a Super Bowl contender this year but they will be fun to watch develop.

Who in the AFC South will beat the Colts?

..and you have them losing to the Eagles and one other NFC East team?  Which one?

Some people...  First of all, predictions are merely opinions.  Anybody saying Colts cant win against... or will definitely beat... its an OPINION.  Look at last season (perfect example) we lost games we should've won (on paper), and vice versa.  That's why they play the game!  One thing I don't get is if you call yourself a Colts fan, why you would doubt them in any way.  Colts CAN beat Denver or NE on any given day.  Not saying they will, but I for one have learned NEVER count them out.  On the other side don't ever expect them to walk over anybody.  Injuries happen and other teams get hot or have good games. 

Here is my prediction (OPINION) Colts go 12-4 with a first round bye because of a tiebreaker over NE to get the #2 seed and win 1 playoff game then lose to the Denver Broncos on the road who go on to win the SB. 

I admit that probably isn't going to happen but I thought I'd throw that in there because everybody else did lol

Why would you make that claim on March 16? Let's see it all play out as the off-season has just begun and I don't believe Denver or the Colts are done spending.

Denver and New England both have moved "all in" in an attempt to win a Super Bowl now. It likely will keep us from being able to this coming season. I think with Edelman coming back New England has the advantage.

It only takes one game in January, but they seen to have us outmatched on paper.

But the thing is, these.... Desperation... Moves they are making to try and match Seattle's talent level are short term ad incredibly short sighted. In 2 years these deals are going to come back to haunt these teams.

It's not as surprising for Denver. Peyton has two years left at most. Once he's gone, Denver's going to need to rebuild so unloading these contracts will just be a part of that.

It's far more surprising to see New England get caught up in this pissing match. Brady has more time left than Manning, but even without Brady the Patriots have a system in place to be successful. Anyone remember the 11-5 year under Cassell? It won't hurt the Patriots as bad as Denver, but they're risking future cap tightness to win a Super Bowl this year.

Denver and New England both have moved "all in" in an attempt to win a Super Bowl now. It likely will keep us from being able to this coming season. I think with Edelman coming back New England has the advantage.

It only takes one game in January, but they seen to have us outmatched on paper.

But the thing is, these.... Desperation... Moves they are making to try and match Seattle's talent level are short term ad incredibly short sighted. In 2 years these deals are going to come back to haunt these teams.

It's not as surprising for Denver. Peyton has two years left at most. Once he's gone, Denver's going to need to rebuild so unloading these contracts will just be a part of that.

It's far more surprising to see New England get caught up in this pissing match. Brady has more time left than Manning, but even without Brady the Patriots have a system in place to be successful. Anyone remember the 11-5 year under Cassell? It won't hurt the Patriots as bad as Denver, but they're risking future cap tightness to win a Super Bowl this year.

Denver and NE could not be on anymore opposite spectrums in terms of their approach this off-season. NE has continued to make judicious signings (i.e. Browner, Edelman, LaFells, Hooman) while the Broncos have committed large guaranteed contracts to the often injured Talib and the aging Ware who was coming off a down season in Dallas. The only large contract NE handed out was to Revis and that is just for this season with the option for the second year that they will not pick up unless it is neg. down. And of course the Pats have Brady at $14mil for the next four years while Denver has Manning at $20 mil.

Who in the AFC South will beat the Colts?

..and you have them losing to the Eagles and one other NFC East team?  Which one?

The Texans at least once or twice and if they don't one of the other teams will win one game. Any one of the three of them are capable of beating the Colts. At least one will in my opinion. We will improve when injured players return but we are only slightly better than last year right now and we are short two of our draft picks this year. That O-Line is still very bad and will continue getting Luck pounded on.

Peyton has three years left on his contract. I expect him to play all three years.

Colts are on their way up Broncos and Pats are coming down.  They are trying to go all in since they realistically have maybe two more years with Manning and three with Brady.  Brady definitely took a step back this year and I'm sure their mgmt. knows his best is behind him.

No, they didn't. They found an Andrew Luck and he is very good but he isn't anything close to Peyton Manning yet.

I love Peyton but c'mon.  Luck puts the team on his back every other game and stays cool under pressure.  Everyone knew what was up after the Denver game.

Denver was tough Last season as well and we pulled out a win against them actually if my records are correct we stopped there win streak and slapped that first mark in their Lose column.  I have faith in the Horse Shoe, anything can happen on any given Sunday. 

Denver will not roll on O like last year. They'll have a few big games but teams with halfway decent personnel will be able to scheme them after being schooled the previous season. It's all about attrition. Whoever stays healthier between the Patriot and Broncos will be the AFC SB representative.   

What I want to know, is how do these two teans (Denver/New England) keep on making these huge FA splashes and still stay within the cap space? It seems like they have these never ending Brinks trucks lined up that just keep dumping endless supplies of cash! 

Well.............................

denver-mint-line-entrance-denver.jpg

I'm not sure either Denver or New England will be the best in the AC next year, I think Pittsburgh, New York, San Diego will be narrowing the gap on those two and the Colts should be right in the mix again, able to beat any of those teams on any given Sunday. Houston should be much better, Kansas City could be in a little trouble.