Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

denver and new england

Denver is gonna b pretty tough to beat with all they added,sanders is signed now-he is much better than decker. New England has made enough moves to be dangerous as well. Hope are d plays like it should(hell of a lot better than last year,and the o line can accually do something, if those two things happen we could challenge both those teams.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver and NE were the front runners at the start of FA anyways. Not sure you can really worry about them. We are still a team that is coming together and I certainly don't want Grig to adopt Elway's mentality of win now and sacrifice our future. I feel our team will be right there in the thick of things again. We really have to focus on winning our division anyways as that is the first step and depending on what the Texans do with their #1 pick we could be in a battle again.

Denver is gonna b pretty tough to beat with all they added,sanders is signed now-he is much better than decker. New England has made enough moves to be dangerous as well. Hope are d plays like it should(hell of a lot better than last year,and the o line can accually do something, if those two things happen we could challenge both those teams.

Denver plays the NFC West while Indy and NE don't, right??

Even the new souped up Broncos probably cant do a lot better than 2-2 in that division...

Cols play the NFC East....and, except for Phily, that's a good deal.. 

Could open the door for the Colts to be the '2' seed...and host Denver in an AFC semifinal

With the additions that Denver and New England have made so far, they have solidified their status as the top two teams to beat in the AFC for the upcoming season.  Colts remain anywhere from 3rd-5th best in the conference in the mix with Chargers, Bengals, etc.  That said I believe that the Colts are one of the most dangerous teams in the AFC with the ability to beat any team on a given Sunday.   However, the Colts will need to stay relatively healthy to seriously challenge the  elite teams in the conference.

Denver plays the NFC West while Indy and NE don't, right??

Even the new souped up Broncos probably cant do a lot better than 2-2 in that division...

Cols play the NFC East....and, except for Phily, that's a good deal.. 

Could open the door for the Colts to be the '2' seed...and host Denver in an AFC semifinal

I can see Denver beating everyone except Seattle in that division.

And, let's be honest, they certainly have the weapons to beat Seattle on their day.

I see them going 3-1.

With that said, I'd much rather have the NFC East.

You people are real dreamers...living in a fantasy world....you live on injured skill positions, poor defense, and still one of the worst offensive lines in the business. I'm a life long colt fan but a bit more realistic...south champs...once again out in first or second round.

I''ve been saying this for a while now and get attacked by delusional fanatics of this team whenever I do but the OP is correct in saying New England and Denver will have amazing teams.  The Colts cannot compete with these two teams this year.  We will lose to both of them barring something miraculous like them losing several starters due to injury,  The Colts just aren't at the same level and as fans we need to temper our expectations.  This is not a super bowl or championship year for this team. And before you say no one is saying that I would suggest you look at numerous other threads where multiple people are discussing the Colts and a championship and criticizing anyone who thinks differently.  I believe we absolutely can field a team that is in the top 5 of the AFC and the top 10 of the NFL and that should be the goal this year because we absolutely can't compete against a healthy Denver or a healthy New England.

I can see 14-2 to 12-4. I am hoping for 12-4 :) because I have a feeling the Colts will win 13 games :).

So, you think the Colts will go 6-0 in the South again? I don't, I think 4-2 is more like it and if that is so, they have to 10-0 outside the division to get to 14-2. They play New England and they play Denver so I don't think that will happen either. I see 10-6 with a huge challenge for the division crown. We have not improved that much in free agency and we are short two draft picks. Other teams will move farther and faster.

I''ve been saying this for a while now and get attacked by delusional fanatics of this team whenever I do but the OP is correct in saying New England and Denver will have amazing teams.  The Colts cannot compete with these two teams this year.  We will lose to both of them barring something miraculous like them losing several starters due to injury,  The Colts just aren't at the same level and as fans we need to temper our expectations.  This is not a super bowl or championship year for this team. And before you say no one is saying that I would suggest you look at numerous other threads where multiple people are discussing the Colts and a championship and criticizing anyone who thinks differently.  I believe we absolutely can field a team that is in the top 5 of the AFC and the top 10 of the NFL and that should be the goal this year because we absolutely can't compete against a healthy Denver or a healthy New England.

Well, some facts for you to chew on.

1. We beat a fairly healthy Denver with all its 4 wideouts playing. Chargers beat them without Welker, Patriots beat them without Julius Thomas. The Colts were the only team to beat them with all their 4 weapons - DT, Decker, Welker, JT. In fact, we laid a blueprint for preventing YAC that Pagano inferred to in the Pro Bowl (in an NFL Network segement while being asked about the SB participants) that the Seahawks mastered. Pass rush to go along with preventing YAC to beat the Broncos.

2. With a healthy Colts team (even without Dwayne Allen), we beat the Seahawks. Went toe-to-toe with them, went down 0-12 and showed a lot of fortitude, unlike the Broncos in the SB, to come back from a deficit vs a stout D. It showed me this team had CHARACTER and play for 60 minutes.

Granted, both the above wins were at home but if we were to get HFA, there is no reason for me to believe this team cannot get it done. Games are not played on paper, they are played on the field. When we are healthy, we have been able to hold up against the best. With an improved D-line and LB improvements, and possibly draft picks, there is no reason for us to think we cannot compete with them.

3. Patriots play the AFC West (3 playoff teams from last year) and Broncos play the NFC West (2 of the best teams in football last year and another potential playoff team in the Cardinals). There will be enough chances for us to clinch HFA including a home game vs the Patriots. So, yes, a few breaks for HFA are necessary but there is no reason for us to just hand over the AFC trophy to the Pats and Broncos at this point.

I am being realistic too.

Denver and NE were the front runners at the start of FA anyways. Not sure you can really worry about them. We are still a team that is coming together and I certainly don't want Grig to adopt Elway's mentality of win now and sacrifice our future. I feel our team will be right there in the thick of things again. We really have to focus on winning our division anyways as that is the first step and depending on what the Texans do with their #1 pick we could be in a battle again.

Win now and sacrifice their future? How so? T.J. Ward and Talib are both young and are the long term deals they signed...the "aging players" such as Welker/Ware/Manning all only have 2-3 year deals...they're actually a very YOUNG team who will have far more cap space than Indy does, in each of the next several seasons... so please explain.

So, you think the Colts will go 6-0 in the South again? I don't, I think 4-2 is more like it and if that is so, they have to 10-0 outside the division to get to 14-2. They play New England and they play Denver so I don't think that will happen either. I see 10-6 with a huge challenge for the division crown. We have not improved that much in free agency and we are short two draft picks. Other teams will move farther and faster.

5-1 in division. 3-1 vs AFC North. 3-1 vs NFC East. 1-1 vs Pats-Broncos.

12-4 is what I am predicting for the Colts. Yes, 6-0 in division will help.

Maybe 11 is the new 12. We had what 7 years of 12 games in the Peyton era Colts. We might have 7 years of 11 games in the Luck era Colts. I'd be fine with that. :)

Win now and sacrifice their future? How so? T.J. Ward and Talib are both young and are the long term deals they signed...the "aging players" such as Welker/Ware/Manning all only have 2-3 year deals...they're actually a very YOUNG team who will have far more cap space than Indy does, in each of the next several seasons... so please explain.

very true CB.,.

When Peyton finishes his contract  in 2016...Denver will have the cash to replace him..

...Demarcus Ware is on a 3-year deal...('14, '15 and ;16) at best) so he's leaving when Peyton does..

If Peyton retires after 2015..the Broncos have even less cash problems.

they are in good shape and they stole TJ ward

Evidently we went 16-0 last year, or do I remember a p iss poor defense and some sorry losses?

Take Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas away from Peyton's hands, Edelman and Gronkowski away from Brady's hands, and we will see how their offense keeps chugging. There will be enough struggles against good teams that will result in losses.

That is what happened after we started 6-2, losing Wayne and Allen. Having one of them would have made a HUGE difference for Andrew Luck and the Colts. Yes, last year's D was inconsistent and I think this year's D has DL and LB improvements and with good health, we can go toe-to-toe with the big guns of the AFC.

You people are real dreamers...living in a fantasy world....you live on injured skill positions, poor defense, and still one of the worst offensive lines in the business. I'm a life long colt fan but a bit more realistic...south champs...once again out in first or second round.

Must be nice to know the future AND be the only one who knows the teams weaknesses.

Good for you!

Take Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas away from Peyton's hands, Edelman and Gronkowski away from Brady's hands, and we will see how their offense keeps chugging. There will be enough struggles against good teams that will result in losses.

That is what happened after we started 6-2, losing Wayne and Allen. Having one of them would have made a HUGE difference for Andrew Luck and the Colts. Yes, last year's D was inconsistent and I think this year's D has DL and LB improvements and with good health, we can go toe-to-toe with the big guns of the AFC.

It's like trying to explain football to a lump of clay.

We lost Bradshaw, Ballard, Allen, Wayne, Thomas just on offense. And was still able to go 11-5.

We are paying lots of key players relatively minimal salaries as they are on their rookie contracts. I guess it's an easy answer, but how do NE and Denver get the most expensive FA when they are paying so much more for their QBs?

5-1 in division. 3-1 vs AFC North. 3-1 vs NFC East. 1-1 vs Pats-Broncos.

12-4 is what I am predicting for the Colts. Yes, 6-0 in division will help.

Maybe 11 is the new 12. We had what 7 years of 12 games in the Peyton era Colts. We might have 7 years of 11 games in the Luck era Colts. I'd be fine with that. :)

4-2 in division, 2-2 vs AFC North, 2-2 vs NFC East 0-2 vs. Pats-Broncos

8-8 to 10-6.

I predict, predicting W/L is a stupid thing to do. No one on this board had as sweeping 49ers, Broncos, AND Seattle last year and LOTS had us beating Rams, Arizona, Miami, and SD. Fact is nobody knows what any of these teams will do. What we do know is we should all be playoff teams if we don't have significant injuries to our signal callers. I do know it should be an exciting season for sure!!

8-8 to 10-6.

You are giving too much credit for the AFC North and NFC East, IMO. Our style of play can combat the AFC North, definitely. NFC East is overrated.

This really shouldn't belong in the Colts forum, even though you did make a quick chime about our defense. That's like me preaching about New England, then at the very end saying, "Our Colts b good, yeahaww!"

You are giving too much credit for the AFC North and NFC East, IMO. Our style of play can combat the AFC North, definitely. NFC East is overrated.

I don't see the Colts beating the Bengals or the Ravens. I don't see the Colts winning more than two games against the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins. I don't see the Colts beating NE or Denver no matter where the games are played. I also do not think they will go 6-0 in the division. I expect either 5-1 or 4-2. Now, I fully expect the Colts to win at least one of these games I think they will lose. So, that would make them 9-7 or 10-6. It might be good enough to win the division or it may not. The Colts had lots of serious holes to fill. They haven't completed that yet. The defense is slightly improved. The offense is improved very little. It is still a very bad offensive line and they have done nothing with that. You don't usually fix that in one year with the draft. NE is better and will be much better if they re-sign Wilfork. Denver is vastly better and with injured players returning will be just as imposing as last year or even better. Elway went all in, as he should with a one to three year window. The Colts have more time and can go more slowly because there window is ten years. They won't be a Super Bowl contender this year but they will be fun to watch develop.

8-8 to 10-6.

Absolute terrible prediction, giants/cowboys/redskins should win, tough game against eagles, out the afc north steelers only team I'm worried about, with a a healthy colts bengals ravens should be wins. Honestly we should sweep the afc south again as well, tell me who are we going to lose to and how? Patriots broncos a toss up, I say we get one of em

Absolute terrible prediction, giants/cowboys/redskins should win, tough game against eagles, out the afc north steelers only team I'm worried about, with a a healthy colts bengals ravens should be wins. Honestly we should sweep the afc south again as well, tell me who are we going to lose to and how? Patriots broncos a toss up, I say we get one of em

I saw we do not. You plan to lose to what may be the weakest team in the AFC north but win against the rest. I see no reason to think the Colts can beat the Ravens and the Bengals. No, honestly we should not sweep the AFC South again. I expect to lose at least one to the Texans and a second to the Texans or the Titans or Jags. I think we will be 4-2. I would not be surprised to be 5-1 but I would be shocked to see 6-0 again. I also do not see the Colts beating the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins. I think we lose at least one of those three games if not two. We have no offensive line. Luck is still going to be battered and the opponents are still going to run the defense crazy. We gave up 80 points in two playoff games. An aging linebacker and a less than elite defensive lineman will not solve that problem.

I saw we do not. You plan to lose to what may be the weakest team in the AFC north but win against the rest. I see no reason to think the Colts can beat the Ravens and the Bengals. No, honestly we should not sweep the AFC South again. I expect to lose at least one to the Texans and a second to the Texans or the Titans or Jags. I think we will be 4-2. I would not be surprised to be 5-1 but I would be shocked to see 6-0 again. I also do not see the Colts beating the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins. I think we lose at least one of those three games if not two. We have no offensive line. Luck is still going to be battered and the opponents are still going to run the defense crazy. We gave up 80 points in two playoff games. An aging linebacker and a less than elite defensive lineman will not solve that problem.

I dunno wth your talkin bout, our team was baller last year and we only getting more players back from injury, key players that make big differences BIG, and there is only one qb in the afc south and that is luck so how do you not sweep it? Bengals did not get any better this offseason think we can beat em, ravens maybe your right there and I never count the steelers out they proved that at the end of last season.... Oh lol and I ain't worried bout the f'ing giants cowboys and red skins, that's lol that you are

I dunno wth your talkin bout, our team was baller last year and we only getting more players back from injury, key players that make big differences BIG, and there is only one qb in the afc south and that is luck so how do you not sweep it? Bengals did not get any better this offseason think we can beat em, ravens maybe your right there and I never count the steelers out they proved that at the end of last season.... Oh lol and I ain't worried bout the f'ing giants cowboys and red skins, that's lol that you are

Luck cannot beat those teams by himself. I do not find a logic in any of your statements, just emotion with nothing to back it up. The Colts could lose to all three of those teams that you are laughing at. NO OFFENSIVE LINE!!

Luck cannot beat those teams by himself. I do not find a logic in any of your statements, just emotion with nothing to back it up. The Colts could lose to all three of those teams that you are laughing at. NO OFFENSIVE LINE!!

the line right now isn't any worse than it was last year.

You need to look at their deals again. They will not have more money then Indy unless Grigs goes on a silly spending spree.

Well, some facts for you to chew on.

1. We beat a fairly healthy Denver with all its 4 wideouts playing. Chargers beat them without Welker, Patriots beat them without Julius Thomas. The Colts were the only team to beat them with all their 4 weapons - DT, Decker, Welker, JT. In fact, we laid a blueprint for preventing YAC that Pagano inferred to in the Pro Bowl (in an NFL Network segement while being asked about the SB participants) that the Seahawks mastered. Pass rush to go along with preventing YAC to beat the Broncos.

The Colts are built right to play the Broncos tough, but last year was at home in a perfect storm of emotion. In Denver it will be entirely different. And while the top four receivers may have been healthy, Peyton wasn't. That's kind of important, don't you think?

That being said, the Colts faced a much tougher schedule than the Broncos last year, and it will likely be reversed this year, so it's entirely possible that Colts finish with a better record. That game may actually well be the tiebreaker.

How are they going to be able to keep their young players when Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas have to be signed next year. Those are going to be mega contracts. Julius may be OK due to him listed as a TE, but he will want WR money. Plus I believe Vonn Miller is going to have to be paid in 2015. After next season, Manning, and the two Thomases will take up about 1/3 of their cap. Peyton, 20M, D.Thomas will get franchise money for a WR, which at the end of next yr. will be 13M, and Julius will get at least the franchise TE money, 8M. Now it depends on how they structure it, but 41 against a cap I expect at 140 is alot. Now put in the high priced players they signed for two years down the line. Their contracts, Ware, Talib are structured towards the first year, so they are going to have to make some tough decisions. They won't be able to hang onto all the talent after this year. They are pushing their chips in to this year!