Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That's because you guys realized all too well that the Irsay's would move. You guys made them all very rich .

They were already very rich. It also made retailers and hotels in the downtown area a lot of money as well. Pretty simple economics really

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on the busts, but under the franchise. These Hall of Famers like Unitas , Mackey , and Lenny Moore wanted a seperate Baltimore Colts section. It makes no sense they are thrown in with Eric Dickerson.

Everywhere I have seen the franchise is referred to as Colts. With Baltimore (1953-1983) Indianapolis (1984-present). And for anyone who played for Baltimore it specifically says Baltimore Colts.

Are there plaques that have HoFers by franchise and the Colts plaque only says Indianapolis Colts? Because almost everywhere puts Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.

They were already very rich. It also made retailers and hotels in the downtown area a lot of money as well. Pretty simple economics really

You guys have a nice city, I go there all the time. I'm not blasting you for building a stadium , it was just a bad economic time with bad politicians in Baltimore in the late 70's and early 80's. The economy is better today , but the politicians still stink.

You guys have a nice city, I go there all the time. I'm not blasting you for building a stadium , it was just a bad economic time with bad politicians in Baltimore in the late 70's and early 80's. The economy is better today , but the politicians still stink.

its my general feeling that the biggest majority of politicians stink

Everywhere I have seen the franchise is referred to as Colts. With Baltimore (1953-1983) Indianapolis (1984-present). And for anyone who played for Baltimore it specifically says Baltimore Colts.

Are there plaques that have HoFers by franchise and the Colts plaque only says Indianapolis Colts? Because almost everywhere puts Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.

When I was there last, they had all the franchises listed with the Hall of Famers under them. This, under Indy Colts banner, they had a list of the Baltimore Colts under it. I know most on Indy thinks it's fine because of the franchise argument, but most of those old Colts would prefer a seperate section. They don't hate Indy, they just never played there.

That's because you guys realized all too well that the Irsay's would move. You guys made them all very rich .

And now there's a reason to go downtown. Companies all over the country come to our city because of the attached convention center that was part of the project. Then of course there is the money and prestige that came with hosting the Super Bowl.

Yeah, Irsay got richer. But so did the city of Indianapolis.

its my general feeling that the biggest majority of politicians stink

You have much better ones in Indiana than we do on Maryland. For the life of me, I never understood why Hudnut moved and retired in Maryland. He must like high taxes ! Maryland is pretty nice except for the taxes and politicians.

And now there's a reason to go downtown. Companies all over the country come to our city because of the attached convention center that was part of the project. Then of course there is the money and prestige that came with hosting the Super Bowl.

Yeah, Irsay got richer. But so did the city of Indianapolis.

It is true. I just wish they had gotten a new team name back in 1984, but that is all water under the bridge now. Like I said, I like Indy, and you can't deny the impact of an NFL team.

When I was there last, they had all the franchises listed with the Hall of Famers under them. This, under Indy Colts banner, they had a list of the Baltimore Colts under it. I know most on Indy thinks it's fine because of the franchise argument, but most of those old Colts would prefer a seperate section. They don't hate Indy, they just never played there.

too bad they were just players and not owners. Then it might matter what they think.

They were paid to do a job. That's all

When I think of the 81 curse I think of losing 14 consecutive football games in one season. for some reason it rears it's ugly head every decade

year  w-l    year before w-l

1981 2-14 1980     7 -9                    -5

1991 1-15  1990    7 -9                    -6

2001 6-10 2000    10 -6                   -4

2011 2-14 2010    10 -6                   -8

you know what? I am not looking forward to 2021!

too bad they were just players and not owners. Then it might matter what they think.

They were paid to do a job. That's all

I guess that is the way life is . You have these old Baltimore Colts like Unitas, Mackey , and the others , that earned everything they ever had, and were totally honorable guys. Contrast that with a current owner and how he let down an entire city for a second time. Maybe it's the right time for the HOF to do the right thing. They don't answer to the owners , so they could set up a seperate Baltimore Colts section.

I guess that is the way life is . You have these old Baltimore Colts like Unitas, Mackey , and the others , that earned everything they ever had, and were totally honorable guys. Contrast that with a current owner and how he let down an entire city for a second time. Maybe it's the right time for the HOF to do the right thing. They don't answer to the owners , so they could set up a seperate Baltimore Colts section.

i don't see why that is necessary. The team belongs to irsay. Not the city. The colts are the colts.

i don't see why that is necessary. The team belongs to irsay. Not the city. The colts are the colts.

This is for the Hall of Fame. Maybe the franchise belongs to Irsay, but he doesn't own these players or careers, and they have the right to be represented in the Hall in the manner they want to be displayed. For most of these guys careers, they played for Rosenbloom, not Irsay. They played in a different city, which is not a knock on Indy , or it's current team. It's about presenting the facts about one's career in the HOF correctly.

This is for the Hall of Fame. Maybe the franchise belongs to Irsay, but he doesn't own these players or careers, and they have the right to be represented in the Hall in the manner they want to be displayed. For most of these guys careers, they played for Rosenbloom, not Irsay. They played in a different city, which is not a knock on Indy , or it's current team. It's about presenting the facts about one's career in the HOF correctly.

i disagree