Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the 81 curse

CR91

Which is why it needs to be retired. We have two great players who used 88. We don't need anyone else wearing it.

I'd be all for the honor of watching more great players if all it takes is a number. If Nicks can join the likes of Harrison and Mackey, put the man in 88. Now.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't what it is with this number like if pollard put a curse on it once he left, but who ever wears just doesn't play well for us. Some quick examples Brody Eldridge Brian flecter hank baskett and just recently dhb. So to our new wr please please pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Don't wear 81.

I dont think the # has anything to do with those guys performance lol 

I would be fine with you guys using number 19, as long as you put our Baltimore Colts players under the Ravens in the Hall of Fame. Same for Mackey. I like your solution.

Guess all your soon to be HoFers get to go in Browns too then?

Why would they be put under the Ravens? They are under the Baltimore Colts.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=219

IMG_3019+-+Johnny+Unitas.JPG

I'm not sure but some Indy Colt fans try to put the Ravens with the Browns history, but they are totally seperate, as we know. Other than teams relocating, it is totally two different situations. I guess they think the Browns thing bothers me, but it doesn't , and I've given my opinion many times on what I think about franchise relocations in general , and how it affects fans. The bottom line is Jim Brown is in the HOF under the Cleveland Browns , the city he played in, not the Baltimore Ravens. John Unitas , however, is listed as an Indy Colt in

The HOF , a city he never played in, and a city that did not exist in the NFL until 1984. I think we all know this, but some of these younger fans keep thinking the Browns and Ravens are one history. They are not.

I'm not sure but some Indy Colt fans try to put the Ravens with the Browns history, but they are totally seperate, as we know. Other than teams relocating, it is totally two different situations. I guess they think the Browns thing bothers me, but it doesn't , and I've given my opinion many times on what I think about franchise relocations in general , and how it affects fans. The bottom line is Jim Brown is in the HOF under the Cleveland Browns , the city he played in, not the Baltimore Ravens. John Unitas , however, is listed as an Indy Colt in

The HOF , a city he never played in, and a city that did not exist in the NFL until 1984. I think we all know this, but some of these younger fans keep thinking the Browns and Ravens are one history. They are not.

Did you even look at his HoF page and bust? It clearly says Baltimore Colts. Or do you root for the Indianapolis Ravens because you apparently read Indianapolis when you see Baltimore.

Did you even look at his HoF page and bust? It clearly says Baltimore Colts. Or do you root for the Indianapolis Ravens because you apparently read Indianapolis when you see Baltimore.

I've been to Hall of Fame, I know exactly what the busts say ! It's not the busts that are the issue, it sticking the old Colts under Indy when they never played there. They are listed with Eric Dickerson. Have you ever been to Canton ?

I've been to Hall of Fame, I know exactly what the busts say ! It's not the busts that are the issue, it sticking the old Colts under Indy when they never played there. They are listed with Eric Dickerson. Have you ever been to Canton ?

No, but where is Johnny listed with Dickerson because I do know the Hall is ordered by class year.

No, but where is Johnny listed with Dickerson because I do know the Hall is ordered by class year.

They are all listed under the Indy Colts franchise. That is the rub for these old Baltimore Colts Hall of Famers . They are listed under a city they never played in. That was the problem Johnny Unitas and Mackey had with it.

They are all listed under the Indy Colts franchise. That is the rub for these old Baltimore Colts Hall of Famers . They are listed under a city they never played in. That was the problem Johnny Unitas and Mackey had with it.

i have no problem with it

Where are they listed as Indy Colts is my question.

It would be unfair to Marvin. If 18 can't be worn, 88 shouldn't be as well. Marvin is just as important to the history of the Colts as Peyton. I'm sorry to say this. It's just my opinion.

Well, its just not true

I get the sentiment, but not only is it not true, but Marvin wore Mackey's number.

I don't really care whether Nicks wears 88 or not, but it's not the same as 18. 

Or if the great city of baltimore gave them a proper stadium to play in, or didn't try to highjack the team from it's owner, i believe?

We've been all through this , but the Colts would have eventually gotten a new stadium like the Orioles. Irsay created such ill will , it was very hard to get a stadium through the legislature. And as I've also pointed out, the Eminent Domain law was never passed until AFTER the Colts left. The only reason it was proposed is that Baltimore had already gotten wind that it was a done deal that Irsay was moving. Too many people have listened to the spin on this subject .

Not on the busts, but under the franchise. These Hall of Famers like Unitas , Mackey , and Lenny Moore wanted a seperate Baltimore Colts section. It makes no sense they are thrown in with Eric Dickerson.

It makes more sense than to put them in with Ray Lewis for a team he never played on.

If mcdonalds moves out and wendys moves in, do you expect to be able to order a Big Mac there?

They stopped going like you guys stopped going between 84-96. However, they didn't move, although they leveraged you nice with the Rams threat to get a new stadium.

and guess what they got a new stadium. The Dome was far behind that of most modern stadiums. They needed, and deserved a new one. And they got it

It makes more sense than to put them in with Ray Lewis for a team he never played on.

If mcdonalds moves out and wendys moves in, do you expect to be able to order a Big Mac there?

I hear what you say, but putting these guys under a city they didn't play in is equally strange. I would be happy with a stand alone Baltimore Colts section. This would be a new precedent , but the Baltimore Colts were unprecedented in huge games in

League history.