Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts agree to one year deal with Hakeem Nicks (merge)

lennymoore24

Though I don't feel WR is our biggest need, I can't complain about this signing (assuming it happens).  He has the potential to greatly help our offense.

More than potential mattceinicran. If he's healthy now & he appears to be very motivated to revamp his NFL career, I am really pumped about this pickup. Nicks is tall, with huge hands, & an enormous wingspan. Let's light it up Hakeem. You know what time it is: SB or Bust Baby...INDY makes her 1st Pagano/Grigs era Lombardi run starting now. 

I will go back & read all these insightful posts from my Colts brethren later because SW1 has some serious catching up to do INDY news wise. Bradshaw & Nicks 2 SB Champions from NY that I expect to pay dividends ASAP. 

I don't put much stock in Coach Coughlin not wanting Nicks back. That means absolutely nothing to me at all. New city, new organization, new ring. I'm cool with that. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think Rogers, Whalen or Brazill are finished product by any mean.  And I don't think Grigs is a bad GM for signing Nicks (again it's more reactionary than I think a GM should be but that's because of the position signed not so much the player (I would have had the same reaction if he had signed Decker or Smith to similar contracts).  And nope he didn't break the bank.

No problems . It's like some like chocolate and others say vanilla is best. Everybody has their opinion and yours is no doubt valid. I just thought your post a while back was just not giving Nicks one iota of a "benefit of the doubt." You seemed to leave no room for the possibility that he's young , very talented and had two years that nagging injuries slowed him. But there are many good sources that don't feel this was the story at all , so again... nothing wrong with your line of thinking. Just thought maybe you could have left a little bigger "crack in the door."