Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would you prefer for pick No.90 out of these 2 - Jarvis Landry or Davante Adams?

Thats a real tough choice at 90.....I dont think either drop that far but if they both do I'd have to go with Adams I think but I like Landry

Does the strength of competition give Landry an edge there then? After all, LSU junior WR Jarvis Landry registered 316 receiving yards on third downs this season. This is just under 40 percent of his total receiving yards, 795, on the season. Landry led the nation with 10 receptions of 15-plus yards on third down and six for 25-plus yards on third down.

I have a feeling one of them might and this might be a case of Keenan Allen re-visited, with the only difference being Landry was a round 2 wideout dropping.

I don't really like either of these guys that well, but I would go with Davonte Adams. I want us to draft a receiver with good size, strength, and athleticism who is a deep threat, a big play threat, and can go up and get jump balls. I'm not saying Adams has all these qualities, but he's my pick between the two. Jarvis Landry is good, but I don't think we need another small receiver.

Does the strength of competition give Landry an edge there then? After all, he led the entire FBS in 3rd down catch %.

Nope, I've never really bought in to that theory that strength of competition seriously affects how a player turns out in the NFL, his skill and the coaching he has had at the college level in my opinion plays a much higher factor

It comes down to size for me. One thing that I noticed is that our receiving core is very small. Wayne is 6'0', Hilton and Brazil are 5'11", and Whalen may be smaller than that. We need a 6'2" or taller WR that can go up and get it. We have Rodgers, but we need another. I've seen Landry and ODBIII both make tough catches though. IDK, I'd go with the bigger receiver.

Adams.  He's a bit more physically gifted, and better all around WR.  Landry I think would be more of a slot guy.  But if we're being realistic, Adams almost certainly wouldn't be there in the 3rd, barring some off the field incident such as an arrest.  Landry may be there at 90, but I think there would be more talented players available at that spot.

I'm fine with either....   but I don't think Adams falls to 90.

I think Landry might now that he had a poor combine hurting a hamstring, or calf, or some leg muscle and ran badly.

Not sure about LSU's pro day?

I'm on the record -- repeatedly -- as wanting to devote our top 3 picks (2/3/5) to defense.

But if we stray for a WR in the 2nd....    my preferences are Matthews/Moncrief/Robinson....

I'll have 3rd round possible WR's in another post, but I think Adams goes in the 2nd...  Landry, it all defends on his private workouts.     Landry -- who I like -- could be this year's Keenan Allen who falls to the 3rd....  but even then,  he went in the top 3rd of that round,  not the bottom 3rd where the Colts pick.