Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fake Brad Wells

BronxColtNYC

That is funny.  You have to give Brad Wells credit.  He obviously lacks in football knowledge and writing.  So what he does is always takes an angle on a subject he knows will get people riled up and talking.   He is essentially a "shock jock-strap".  And then if you get on his bad side, his husband attacks you.

It is hilarious.

I'm convinced the real Brad Wells posts here too I have a couple of suspects

He probably does. I'm 90% sure a poster here was him, but that guy hasn't posted in months, so either he got a new account or just hasn't been around in a while. 

I'm guessing the former. 

That is hilarious! Another Colts "blogger" I couldn't stand was Nate Dunleavy, he wrote for Bleacher Report for a while. (Which should tell you everything you need to know) It was clear he had never played the game at any level, but used roughly the same method as Wells, write about something that'll get every body po'd then try and use Football Outsiders as the end all, be all.

That is hilarious! Another Colts "blogger" I couldn't stand was Nate Dunleavy, he wrote for Bleacher Report for a while. (Which should tell you everything you need to know) It was clear he had never played the game at any level, but used roughly the same method as Wells, write about something that'll get every body po'd then try and use Football Outsiders as the end all, be all.

is funny when they fight with each other on twitter

That is funny.  You have to give Brad Wells credit.  He obviously lacks in football knowledge and writing.  So what he does is always takes an angle on a subject he knows will get people riled up and talking.   He is essentially a "shock jock-strap".  And then if you get on his bad side, his husband attacks you.

Love it!  So true.  He's the National Enquirer of sports blogs...  No, that would be a compliment to him.

I still go to StampedeBlue, but if I see the article is written by him I don't bother to open it.

I like Nate, but often don't agree with his stories.  He's one of those guys who relies too much on stats and not what's happening on the field.

But the difference between him and Wells is that Dunleavy can write.  I read his book on the Indy Colts and it was actually pretty good.

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/downloadFake Brad Wells (@FakeBradWells) tweeted at 0:06 PM on Fri, Mar 14, 2014:

Stupid question: @PFF #duh “@Cananball18: where do you get your vast football knowledge? Pop warner? Rec league? Flag football?”

(

Stupid question: @PFF #duh@Cananball18: where do you get your vast football knowledge? Pop warner? Rec league? Flag football?”

— Fake Brad Wells (@FakeBradWells)

March 14, 2014
)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

I like Nate, but often don't agree with his stories.  He's one of those guys who relies too much on stats and not what's happening on the field.

But the difference between him and Wells is that Dunleavy can write.  I read his book on the Indy Colts and it was actually pretty good.

I've never read his books and I agree it wasn't his writing that I didn't like as much as his view points. He tried to make concrete statements about players when it was clear he hadn't watched play much, if at all. He also tried to back up his questionable statements with "advanced statistics" from football outsiders. "Advanced Metrics" in football are still highly subjective and have some flaws, but it was clear he had a baseball background. I just don't think he understood enough about the game, I think he's probably a good author, just not a good football writer.

He probably does. I'm 90% sure a poster here was him, but that guy hasn't posted in months, so either he got a new account or just hasn't been around in a while. 

I'm guessing the former.

You can say who you think it was as long as you make it clear that you really don't know.

Chris Farley?