Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami Just Handed Us The First Pick In The Draft

GoGoColts

Elway could play baseball so he threatened to do that. He had real leverage. Eli just whined. Plus, I don't even think that they Chargers liked Eli anyway, They just wanted to get get some extra picks out of the Giants. Rivers is a better QB than Eli.

Evidently Rivers is not right now because the Chargers aren't winning and the Giants are. rotfl

I agree, Miami Just gave us the first round pick. Now there is something I have been wanting to say. A couple of months ago I started the topic that the Colts wanted Luck. It's no secret, that the Colts spoke with Luck in the off season. Now I got people upset about Payton, well you know what, GET OVER IT, Payton is a great player, and I have been following the Colts ever since they moved to Indy. I was there in the RCA dome when we didn't have NO one in the stands, They were giving tickets away so they won't have to Black out the games. So I went throught the Black Outs, the 1 and 15 seasons, the 2 and 14 seasons so I supported them before Payton, through Payton, and hopfully not the end of Payton. I paid my dues with this team, I went through the let downs, being talked about, but i stll boosted on my Colts proudly. We all know that Payton couldn't play this game forever. 14 years in this league is a long time. I love Payton like many of you, but it comes a time we just may have to say good by. Payton is still a young man and i know he may want children someday. And toss the ball around with his son..But if he gets out on that field, and takes a wrong hits, and something bad should happen (God Forbid) we all are going to carry out our lifes as normal and Payton sitting up there in a hospital bed somewhere. We as Colts fan have to understand a couple of things. The front office mesed up by putting all there eggs in one basket. What i mean by that is relaying on Payton 100%. This is why other teams like New England don't have this issue. They went out and got other players, that didn't mean anything to them, all they wanted to do is use them to trade for draft picks, Look what they got for Randy Moss. I won't have gave 2 bread sticks for the man, But you know what, some other team deemed him valuable. Then New England started trading players getting more first round picks. WHY, because New England knew they were not going to get a first round pick no time soon with Brady. Now, lets just sit back, support out Colts, support Payton, and understand, it's not the players fault. The front office sould have know better. Let's get the first round pick, take our lumps and move on.

Where are those posters that said there was no way this team would have the first overall pick? Do you believe it is possible now? Who in their right mind would not want us to obtain the first pick with the way this season has gone? Especially since we are earning it because we are legitimately the worse team in the National Football League. No tanking required just bad coaching.

I agree, Miami Just gave us the first round pick. Now there is something I have been wanting to say. A couple of months ago I started the topic that the Colts wanted Luck. It's no secret, that the Colts spoke with Luck in the off season. Now I got people upset about Payton, well you know what, GET OVER IT, Payton is a great player, and I have been following the Colts ever since they moved to Indy. I was there in the RCA dome when we didn't have NO one in the stands, They were giving tickets away so they won't have to Black out the games. So I went throught the Black Outs, the 1 and 15 seasons, the 2 and 14 seasons so I supported them before Payton, through Payton, and hopfully not the end of Payton. I paid my dues with this team, I went through the let downs, being talked about, but i stll boosted on my Colts proudly. We all know that Payton couldn't play this game forever. 14 years in this league is a long time. I love Payton like many of you, but it comes a time we just may have to say good by. Payton is still a young man and i know he may want children someday. And toss the ball around with his son..But if he gets out on that field, and takes a wrong hits, and something bad should happen (God Forbid) we all are going to carry out our lifes as normal and Payton sitting up there in a hospital bed somewhere. We as Colts fan have to understand a couple of things. The front office mesed up by putting all there eggs in one basket. What i mean by that is relaying on Payton 100%. This is why other teams like New England don't have this issue. They went out and got other players, that didn't mean anything to them, all they wanted to do is use them to trade for draft picks, Look what they got for Randy Moss. I won't have gave 2 bread sticks for the man, But you know what, some other team deemed him valuable. Then New England started trading players getting more first round picks. WHY, because New England knew they were not going to get a first round pick no time soon with Brady. Now, lets just sit back, support out Colts, support Payton, and understand, it's not the players fault. The front office sould have know better. Let's get the first round pick, take our lumps and move on.

You need to read up on "pEyton's" injury ..................nuff said lmao

The Colts getting the #1 pick would be an incredible thing for us and would go a long way towards sustaining our future success. I know everyone is arguing about what we should do, but here's the beautiful thing about it: each situation is a GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE. Let's look at it:

Option 1) Colts keep the #1 pick, draft Andrew Luck & keep Peyton Manning. The Colts draft the most complete QB prospect in a decade and only let him sit for a season or two at most. Peyton plays for 1-2 more seasons and retires as a Colt, then Luck leads the team for the next 10-15 years.

Option 2) Colts keep the #1 pick, draft Andrew Luck & trade Peyton Manning. The Colts draft the most complete QB prospect in a decade and let him hit the ground running, speeding up the development process and giving the fans hope. We use the picks obtained by trading Peyton to restock the defense. The Colts are average for the next few seasons, but we continue to build around Luck and become a legit contender for the next 10-15 years.

Option 3) Colts trade the #1 pick, keep Peyton Manning and restock the Defense. We trade the #1 pick for a crazy ransom, getting lots of draft picks and reloading our defense and other skill positions. Peyton comes back for a few more seasons and the team contends for the title until he retires. Then we suck for a while after that.

So either way, our immediate and/or future success is going to be greatly bolstered by this pick. Whatever happens, we are only going to improve from it. I can't wait until the 2012 Draft is here!!!

way, way too early to assume we could even sniff that pick (luck), it aint going to happen because we are going to beat Jacksonville probably twice and a few other games once Manning is healthy for the last two games of the season.

No offense, but what is with you people who still believe there is "NO SHOT" that the Colts wind up with the #1 overall pick, or at least a Top-3 pick? It's almost like you are avoiding reality and are wishing against all hope that we don't get a great draft pick. I understood you all when we were 0-3, or 0-4... but everyone needs to wake up now and accept reality. We are an 0-9 football team! How in the world is it "way too early to assume we could even SNIFF that pick" when we are 0-9??!! Sorry, it just really bugs me. You are acting like we are 4-5 or something. We aren't guaranteed of it, of course there are more games to go. But as of now, we are the clear favorite to finish with the worst record and that is easy to see.

Fact: the Dolphins and Rams have won 1 game, most other teams have at least won 2, and we are now the ONLY winless team in the NFL. Our remaining schedule is as follows: vs Jacksonville, vs Carolina, @ New England, @ Baltimore, vs Tennessee, vs Houston and @ Jacksonville. The way we are playing, the only winnable games are against Jacksonville and maybe Carolina. And even if Manning comes back (which would be stupid), he would probably play 2 games max. So at BEST, we could finish 3-13, which would likely be enough to get the #1 overall pick. MOST LIKELY, we finish 2-14 or 1-15 and we would definitely get the #1 pick with that record. And POSSIBLY, we could finish 0-16 since we won't be favored in any game left. Granted, I'm sure we will win at one point, but it is possible.

So are you still sure that it is "way too early to assume we could even sniff that pick"?

I think it's pathetic that certain so-called fans are celebrating the possibility of getting Luck. It disgusts me as a naturally competitive person. I saw quite a few people in the stands of LOS with Andrew Luck gear; signs; and so forth. Sickening.

what else do you expect them to cheer for. its not like the team is giving them anything to cheer for

Edited by coltsrule91

I'd hate to break this to everyone, but regardless of the draft, we still have the Polians picking the players. So we draft Luck...Out of our next 6 picks 4 are pretty much guaranteed to bust, with the chance for all of them to like 07 I believe it was. They have pushed out all of our good coaches and talent evaluators. Andrew Luck could be good, or he could be a bust himself. Nobody knows. Peyton Manning, arguably the GOAT, could only win one SB with us. I think Luck would have been lucky to win 3 games this year with this team.

Either we start drafting better, or we are going to suck for a really, really long time. Manning is the only player that can save us. Either he comes back top shape and we can trade Luck and draft a legit defense to get Peyton a couple more rings, or we suck for the foreseeable future, just like 30 other teams.

I keep reading people say a QB like Luck comes around every so often. A QB like Manning comes around once in a century. I want Peyton to retire on top like Elway did and I refuse to accept any talk of wasting a much needed pick on Luck until he retires or we cut him.

Edited by BobbyMorris94

I'd hate to break this to everyone, but regardless of the draft, we still have the Polians picking the players. So we draft Luck...Out of our next 6 picks 4 are pretty much guaranteed to bust, with the chance for all of them to like 07 I believe it was. They have pushed out all of our good coaches and talent evaluators. Andrew Luck could be good, or he could be a bust himself. Nobody knows. Peyton Manning, arguably the GOAT, could only win one SB with us. I think Luck would have been lucky to win 3 games this year with this team.

Either we start drafting better, or we are going to suck for a really, really long time. Manning is the only player that can save us. Either he comes back top shape and we can trade Luck and draft a legit defense to get Peyton a couple more rings, or we suck for the foreseeable future, just like 30 other teams.

I keep reading people say a QB like Luck comes around every so often. A QB like Manning comes around once in a century. I want Peyton to retire on top like Elway did and I refuse to accept any talk of wasting a much needed pick on Luck until he retires or we cut him.

They seem to do pretty well when they pick higher in the rounds. This years draft seems fine except Ijilana who will probably bust.

They didn't win a single championship without a franchise QB.

You miss the point. We have Manning for all these years with one SB and a sub - .500 postseason record. Ask why. Going further back because it's relevant to the discussion....there were several good Jim Harbaugh years, but beyond that nothing to celebrate since the late 70's. Compare to PITT. Wake up.

Unless Peyton has to retire, I see zero chance Luck comes to Indy. If we have the number 1 pick, I think we trade it to Miami for their #1 and maybe their #1 next year. There is just no way that Luck wants to sit for 4 years, nor will the Colts expect a rookie to do better with a veteran team. By the time Luck is good, most of the Colts stars would be gone or retired. So, I think if you take it as a whole, it makes far more sense to make a 3-4 year run then rebuild

zero chance?If they don't take Luck then they are the stupidest team in the NFL.You don't pass on topflight QB'S in the NFL under any circumstamces.The odds are about 99 percent.Have you not noticed all the good teams have star qb'S. Edited by mahagga73