Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Hakeem Nicks flying to visit Colts tomorrow

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are signing Nicks I hope it's on a prove it deal.  But on a 1 year prove it deal I like the signing.  The guy has potential.  

That having been said I also think we should keep 6 WR's on the roster this season.  

This should be in the FA section. My bad.

Not really , that's for sure Colt news. This makes a little more sense to me now. Signing Costa would be cheap and leaves plenty of room for Nicks and even a safety. Nicks will be a little more pricey as he's by far the best WR left on the board. Carolina will probably be willing to pay him fairly well. I would welcome this signing.

Not really , that's for sure Colt news. This makes a little more sense to me now. Signing Costa would be cheap and leaves plenty of room for Nicks and even a safety. Nicks will be a little more pricey as he's by far the best WR left on the board. Carolina will probably be willing to pay him fairly well. I would welcome this signing.

If I had to choose between a really good center or a veteran receiver, I'm going with the center. Settling for Costa doesn't make sense in that context, not to me.

So, the biggest reason I'm against bringing in a big time receiver like Hakeem Nicks is I feel like it might upset T.Y.

T.Y. might feel like management doesnt believe in him enough to let him be THE guy. Even though he has proved it for 2 years now. He might want to be featured more, but management might want to go a different route. That scares me.

I dont want a riff to develop between T.Y. and the team. I want him in Indy for years to come. I dont want another receiver coming in and taking a spot thats rightfully his...

Would like a 1 year, $2 million deal be possible since he's sucked it up the past couple of years?

I think there's no chance he'd take a deal that small.

More likely 1 year and 5 or 6 mill is what he's looking for.    Especially if he's turned down $4.5 Mill from Carolina as Dustin has passed along....

Not saying it would but if bringing in another WR upsets Hilton than he's not the kind of player that should be on this team.

Just saying, its probably upsetting when you do so well in your first year, but Management brings in DHB of all people and starts him over you. They realize he sucks, and TY Kills it. Now they are attempting to do the same thing with Nicks...

So, the biggest reason I'm against bringing in a big time receiver like Hakeem Nicks is I feel like it might upset T.Y.

T.Y. might feel like management doesnt believe in him enough to let him be THE guy. Even though he has proved it for 2 years now. He might want to be featured more, but management might want to go a different route. That scares me.

I dont want a riff to develop between T.Y. and the team. I want him in Indy for years to come. I dont want another receiver coming in and taking a spot thats rightfully his...

This is foolish. T.Y. is no elite receiver and he will play with whoever the Colts sign or pack his bags and go elsewhere. We need an eventual replacement for Reggie and is sure as hell isn't T.Y. He disappears way too often.

TY will be getting his. Reggie is coming back after having his ACL injured and is in the last year year of his contract. 

Besides, great players relish competition.

Just relax. You're overthinking things.

He's a dhb size that can actually catch. Sounds good to me

And runs much better routes. But he'll probably cost twice as much, and there are health concerns, so it's not all roses. I'm on board at the right price, but it's not quite a slam dunk, assuming he even signs...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now