Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's your opinion on drafting WR w/the 1st pick?

I've been thinking for a while we'll draft a WR in the 2nd. Just have a feeling we will. I hope we do actually. I want Moncrief bad, but would be happy if Mathews or Robinson fell. The fact that we had interest in Decker lets me know they want to add a wide out. I believe Rogers will be a really good WR, and a future of Hilton, Rogers, and Moncrief could be scary. However, there is still uncertainty centered around Da'Rick I'm sure. So I would be shocked if we didn't go WR in the 2nd.

Personally, I believe with the recent free agency period that we should be more worried about getting a decent offensive lineman. I think the OTs are decent, but I think a center and a guard would help us out the most. Our O-line sucked last year for the most part. I would say this is largly due to injuries if it weren't for the fact that the O-line had sucked for the two years before last. I believe between TY, Reggie, Rogers, and whoever else they can find in free agency will have to do for this year. If the Colts cannot fix the O-line they can look forward to some more of the horrific losses like they suffer in the 2013-2014 season (aka - St. Louis, Arizona, Cinci).

I dont get why everyone says we need a WR.  Wayne, TY, Rogers, Whalen and Brazill.  Plus Fleener and Allen.  I guess maybe for depth but signing anymore big FA WR i think is pointless.  Save the money for places were hurting more.

Tough one, we've created a need at FS (though maybe we had one before as Bethea wasn't a true FS) that I can't see us filling in FA. However as this draft is mean to be so deep, especially at WR, we really need to nail our 2nd pick and I think the way to go is BPA (ugh).

WR, WR, WR, my God we got to get more WR's. Let's just play WR's at every position except O-line that way we have extra's in case of injury.

In case ya can't tell I'm being sarcastic. Everybody always wants more WR's.

I still have our immediate needs in no particular order:

1.Center

2.Nose Tackle(No depth behind Chapman)

3.Safety

I'd address Center and NT in FA with:

1.Evan Dietrich Smith

2.Isaac Sopoaga

With depth upgrades needed almost everywhere....BPA in the draft

Very negative opinion about a 2nd round WR.  There are a number of holes on the Depth Chart, but WR isn't one of them.  Before we get a WR, we need two safeties, a CB, a NT, and an OG, just to provide minimal depth at those areas.  Plus, there's the logical argument that if you're not comfortable with the young, developing Brazill and Rogers playing key roles this year, why would you draft another developing WR in the 2nd?  We've spent two years developing Brazill and one developing Rogers...let them play!

If a WR is the BPA at our pick in the second they better take that player and run.  I do not want us reaching safety or lineman just to fill a need and pass on a more talented player.  

WR is a need because we have no clue what we are going to get from Reggie and the rest of the guys other than TY are unproven players.  We need a young guy to come in, learn under Reggie, and then in a year or two step in and be our number one or two guy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now