Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suspiciously Silent

Rebelknight

Well if the Colts are truly going after someone like Mack it might be wise to let the Browns spend some money first to make it harder to match a deal you give him. 

Other than that the Colts might be letting the dust settle some before signing more guys.

I think they they are waiting to see what happens with EDS down in Tampa

I'm beginning to wonder if all this Mack talk is a bluff. Maybe to keep the prices lower on who they truly want at center. Gigs has a plan, the question is when and will it work?

I'd love to have Mack, really would. But I'm beginning to hope we sign someone easier and cheaper but that would still be an improvement.

While I miss my B/R app going off every ten minutes with Colts info, it's smart on their part to let the market cool down. 

Besides, I'm sure their focus has narrowed to Alex Mack. We are going to have to fight the Ravens for him (and the Browns). I just hope the bank isn't broken over him. 

It also makes me think wth is wrong with Holmes? 

Yeah, I gotta wonder if Grigson asked Irsay to chill out with the tweets this time around, because of any inadvertent negotiating hang ups it may cause.  haha

Boom.  I knew something was missing this off season.  Hope we don't jinx it by acknowleding our collective relief and gratitude that Irsay has been off the air.

So after a realistic offer on Mack is made, does Cleveland have 2 days, 5 days, or a week to match??? Only asking because I have read three different time frames...

7 days.

"A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires."

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/franchisetransi.htm

It's good we're quiet. Colts got the marque dlineman they wanted and re-signed the guys they couldn't live without. Now they're free to go for the home run in Mack or (more likely) let the market cool so they can bag some bargain vets to fill out the roster.

One more interior oline starter would be nice.

5 days to match.

7 days.

"A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires."

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/franchisetransi.htm

This is what i'm talking about...

Which is it???

Can you imagine this board if there is an offer on the table for mack & everyone has to wait a whole week!!!

There are always some players available after the first few days of free agency. Colts will look at the Canadian and the arena leauge. It don't surprise me the Colts are now waiting till the smoke clears. In the past Griggs has always come up with a couple of players out of the other teams radar. Least we not forget the players that were injured still on the roster from last season.