Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Link is Gone

Andy

The Man

The Myth

The Legend

Jeff "Link" Linkenbach signed a deal with the KC Chiefs today.

After all those years of crapping on him, he's finally gone. I wish the best for him. Going to miss those "Link sucks" threads.

Retweeted by Albert Breer

Congrats to client OL Jeff Linkenbach on signing with the Kansas City Chiefs today

Other than a few very visible, very poor games when he was thrown into an unnatural RG position a few years ago, i thought he generally played like a very good NFL backup, who is worthy of a spot on an NFL roster.  And he was almost never hurt.

But its time for the colts to get younger and stronger backups.  Good Luck Link.

I have backed Link all along.  As every player went down across the line there he was filling in...RT, LG, RG.  He finally got injured himself after 16 games in 2012.

Link played his best with AQ Shipley (LG) and with McGlynn (RG)

There is a lot to say about a player's flexibility across the OL.  Maybe Xavier Nixon will be our 'fill in'  He shows at backup RT...and can play either guard position.

Good Luck Link....I appreciated how you came in and gave it your best shot!!!

see i thought somebody had it wrong he was ok at guard he was terrible at the tackle position if i remember correctly he didnt have the skill set the keep speed rushers off the edge but at guard he wasn't awful

Yeah he was serviceable at Guard....not a long term solution starter but decent depth.......At Right Tackle? Yeah....not so much :funny:

He was actually blown up over his awful Right Tackle Play....He was much better inside.  He got his 'butt' bull rushed to death at tackle.

The infamous play against the Chargers when he was picked up and thrown on top of Manning was when he was playing RG.

Okay, that is my last on Link.  Unfortunately though, I live in KC and my wife and in-laws are all Chiefs fans so I'm going to have to hear about Link's bad play in 2014.

The infamous play against the Chargers when he was picked up and thrown on top of Manning was when he was playing RG.

Okay, that is my last on Link.  Unfortunately though, I live in KC and my wife and in-laws are all Chiefs fans so I'm going to have to hear about Link's bad play in 2014.

That is pretty funny :)  And you thought you got rid of him:)

Go to Fioriella's Jack Stack Barbecue for me....hickory smoked prime rib please ::)