Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts in talks for Alex Mack (mega-merge)

vitoaf27

What would be the legality of having a clause in their contract which allows the team to give them a pay cut when a certain player signs a new contract.

For example paying an average of 14m p/y for 5 years but reducing that to 6m p/y if we resign a 3 year starter at QB. Cleveland would have to pay him 14 mil for at least 2 more seasons. If the Colts resigned Luck next off season they could pay the bulk of Mack's money now.

I am probably way off.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I compared AR to Mike Vick recently but didn't get alot of reaction.   AR may never fix his accuracy issues like Vick who struggled with short and intermediate accuracy his entire career.    But Vick was a dynamic runner and could hit the deep bombs with just a flick of the wrist.   Vick resurrected a very sad Falcons franchise and I was a huge fan.   If AR became Vick 2.0 would Colts fans be happy ? I would be
    • Seems like this team gets a lot of untimely injuries that come out of nowhere. Smith and Kelly, Lewis injuries just appeared out of nowhere. None of those injuries were even mentioned after the Bears game.
    • Yep. He must of woke up Thursday with it. I assume Pinter will play center if he can’t go. That tackle slot is worrisome if smith can’t go. The defense is looking ridiculously banged up.
    • QB is hard.  It's easy to sit back and expect guys to look like Marino but every QB has a different ceiling and a different path to that ceiling.  And again getting there is a long and tough road and the toughness in that road includes everything from injuries to quality of the team around them.   Richardson still looks like the guy we saw on tape in college.  He is an elite run threat who can put the ball anywhere on the field, but his consistency in ball placement is not good.  I used to believe that can't be fixed.  Until Josh Allen.  Now these types of QBs are guys teams will take a flyer on, because of supply and demand, and the immense impact if you can hit on one of them.  But here we are and he's still the same QB, which is a bit of a concern to me at this point.   It's not like he doesn't still have time to get his game in order.  He does.  And even if he fails in Indy he'll have another chance with another team due to his talent level.  So it's still too early to get all crazy about where he's at.   For myself I'll say what I keep saying about him: he needs to learn to move the offense from the protection of the pocket.  That is how you have a long career and end up in the Hall with a million passing yards.  If he does not develop that part of his game the end result will be his teams will use his legs to move the offense and he'll get hurt and miss time and demonstrate why RBs have such a short shelf life.  So his career is in his hands.  He has to learn and do it or he'll suffer the results.
    • I wonder how Kelly got his neck injury he seemed fine and even practiced on Wednesday right,
  • Members