Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would signing Ryan Clark be a good or bad move?

If the Colts signed Ryan Clark to take Bethea's spot, would that be a good or bad move? I think most will say bad due to him being 34, but he might be a decent replacement on a cheap contract. He's had 3 straight seasons with 100 tackles and had 2 interceptions in 2013. I think we could draft a safety in a late round and have Clark start for a year or two then have the draft pick take over. Thoughts?

If the Colts signed Ryan Clark to take Bethea's spot, would that be a good or bad move? I think most will say bad due to him being 34, but he might be a decent replacement on a cheap contract. He's had 3 straight seasons with 100 tackles and had 2 interceptions in 2013. I think we could draft a safety in a late round and have Clark start for a year or two then have the draft pick take over. Thoughts?

Maybe on a one year deal but I think Clark is about done.

I think I would rather draft a safety early. And even if we did sign him, I would prefer to draft a safety early. You can't simply draft somebody in the 6th round and expect them to somehow be starting caliber after a year. It happens, but I wouldn't be caught betting on it.