Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones contract details

Superman

Think someone is just upset he's gone

I would have liked to retain Art, but it wasn't possible. We had other guys to move into his position, and too many needs elsewhere. Still, he will always be a member of that Ravens Super Bowl winning team, and very much appreciated. We all hate to lose good players to free agency , but that is what makes the NFL great.

Kruger was overpaid, when the most number of tackles he had before the deal was 42, and 9 sacks, much of them as a situational pass rusher.

Jones is different, he had ~ 50 tackles and 4 sacks for 2 years in a row now; those are great numbers for a 3-4 DE.

Kruger was overpaid, when the most number of tackles he had before the deal was 42, and 9 sacks, much of them as a situational pass rusher.

Jones is different, he had ~ 50 tackles and 4 sacks for 2 years in a row now; those are great numbers for a 3-4 DE.

I agree Art is a better signing than Kruger. Cleveland paid way too much for him. I wish we could pick offensive players in the draft like we pick defensive players. We just can't keep them all.

I think it's a fair contract, given this year's market. Whether he proves to be worth it in the future is a different story, but he's at a good age, has had multiple good years under his belt already, and is a great system fit.

Hey, remember when everyone here wanted to sign Paul Kruger last year?

He got 7 million more over the same number of years.

And what did Krugers #`s show.

In games T Suggs played he was highly effective. Without Suggs his stats/effectiveness was comparable to what he did for Cleveland.

We are going to be Stouter against the run in general and should be much better at DE. This Should by itself be cause for an Improved Pass Rush. :goodluck: