Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts resign RB Ahmad Bradshaw to a one year deal [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Not gonna get anything for an average RB coming off an ACL tear. Brown just won't be resigned. 

Why? Both guys have injury concerns, and you don't trade a young RB because you have an older one. I like having both.

Why?

It's uncertain right now that Bradshaw can stay healthy for all 16 games. 

To get what we can. Anything we can. We've shipped away several draft picks for players. We're getting ready for a future where we have to pay our own and can't rely on FA to fill the roster. We need to get more into drafting players. 

If it does come to it I'd say it will be closer to the deadline. After Ballard has had a chance to show himself off. 

Overexagerration. 2013 was the only year he missed significant time.

Nope. Balzer is right. Much like the Hakeem Nicks everyone wants, they both may not have missed many games but they both played injured in many games

Bradshaw was a mad man last year and I give him a pass cause the hit he took the neck would've ended anyone's season maybe even career. But it's no secret the injuries have haunted him

[Yawn].

I would have rather them saved the money they're paying him(however much it is) and add to the roster for true needs. We'll be lucky if he isn't on IR in the 1st few weeks of the season. He's good when healthy...unfortunately, that's pretty much...NEVER!

May be able to keep him healthy not being the main back. Thought you were 1959 for a sec ;)

Nope. Balzer is right. Much like the Hakeem Nicks everyone wants, they both may not have missed many games but they both played injured in many games

Bradshaw was a mad man last year and I give him a pass cause the hit he took the neck would've ended anyone's season maybe even career. But it's no secret the injuries have haunted him

No he's not. He's missed like 8 games before last year. We know he's injury prone. The hyperbole is not needed.

No he's not. He's missed like 8 games before last year. We know he's injury prone. The hyperbole is not needed.

Well, okay maybe not the hyperbole but still we know about the injuries

But like I said when he's healthy, I believe Bradshaw is our best RB out of him Richardson and Ballard so we'll see how this backfield carousel plays out

May be able to keep him healthy not being the main back. Thought you were 1959 for a sec ;)

I know, :D  I don't like to be pessimistic about it, but you probably know by now that IMO, RB is the most over rated position in football and re-signing one that has had constant feet problems and now coming back from neck surgury, is not really a recipe to stay healthy very long.

I know, :D  I don't like to be pessimistic about it, but you probably know by now that IMO, RB is the most over rated position in football and re-signing one that has had constant feet problems and now coming back from neck surgury, is not really a recipe to stay healthy very long.

I like it Balzer...we did not spend a ton of money...did not last year either.  I just think his leadership for T-Rich and Ballard are worth it...

I like it Balzer...we did not spend a ton of money...did not last year either.  I just think his leadership for T-Rich and Ballard are worth it...

Don't get me wrong, I like Bradshaw and think if he could stay healthy he's our best RB, but this most recent injury to his neck is not very comforting, Neck injuries can't be good for a RB's future.

I bet this means we trade Ballard.

Ballard has little to no trade value. He had a solid rookie season, not record breaking, then he got injured. Nobody is gonna give us anything for him, we are gonna just keep him and hope he is fully recovered and can contribute.

If he has another solid season and stays injury free then he might have trade value, but then we would want to keep him because unless Richardson remembers how to play football we aren't looking to set at the runningback position for the future.

Ballard has little to no trade value. He had a solid rookie season, not record breaking, then he got injured. Nobody is gonna give us anything for him, we are gonna just keep him and hope he is fully recovered and can contribute.

If he has another solid season and stays injury free then he might have trade value, but then we would want to keep him because unless Richardson remembers how to play football we aren't looking to set at the runningback position for the future.

The exact same argument could have been made for Delone Carter. The only difference is Carter had one more glaring strike against him: a documented fumbling issue.  

Don't get me wrong, I like Bradshaw and think if he could stay healthy he's our best RB, but this most recent injury to his neck is not very comforting, Neck injuries can't be good for a RB's future.

Must be fixed..and he rested those feet....Ballard is not going anywhere IMO unless we re-sign DB...(Random thought as I was reading other posts)

Must be fixed..and he rested those feet....Ballard is not going anywhere IMO unless we re-sign DB...(Random thought as I was reading other posts)

The most important thing is, if we don't fix the O-line...it won't matter who we have running the ball. The Center position must be addressed before anything else.

Colts should be around $15-16 million dollars in cap. Might be enough to sign maybe one more "big" free agent. 

We could probably get a 2 more name players depending on level.  We don't have many draft picks that we have to sign.

Hopefully a center and a FS.  Get each at around 5 million and then settle there.

The most important thing is, if we don't fix the O-line...it won't matter who we have running the ball. The Center position must be addressed before anything else.

I'm surprised we havn't heard anything about a center at least visiting.  We cut Satele and I can't imagine Grigs would just depend on Holmes for next season.

What a great day for Colts fans so far today!!!

RB T-Rich, Ballard, Bradshaw...

I like this A LOT! Yes injury prone players but switch all 3 runners in and out and they are DANGEROUS!

Let's fix that O-Line in FA and draft WR and Safety and ohhhh I'm excited for this season!!!

Hopefully, he took less money since we paid him for one year and he played for only 4-5 games.  Just to show his gratitude.....  Good signing.

He put his neck on the line for a road win against the 49'ers.  I'd say we got a great deal

I'm surprised we havn't heard anything about a center at least visiting.  We cut Satele and I can't imagine Grigs would just depend on Holmes for next season.

Me either, Grigson surely has to be working on something. I don't think Holmes is the answer at center and I think the Colts don't think he is either. Hopefully we hear something soon. I like the other moves we've made but I have been waiting for the center news all day.

The exact same argument could have been made for Delone Carter. The only difference is Carter had one more glaring strike against him: a documented fumbling issue.

Ballard is a 4th round pick who was pressed into service last season and performed well. He is not a beast or a future hall of fame player, he has the potential to be solid and thats probably his ceiling.

. He has a 3.9 ypc and 2 touchdowns and has thus far been injured half his career, nobody is gonna give you anything for him.

From a Colts fans stand point he is great, but to the rest of the NFL he is nothing so far. Nobody is gonna offer anything and even if they did what are we gonna do ? Draft a later round runningback to replace him ? There is no value there, we have to keep him and hope he contributes.

Ballard is a 4th round pick who was pressed into service last season and performed well. He is not a beast or a future hall of fame player, he has the potential to be solid and thats probably his ceiling.

. He has a 3.9 ypc and 2 touchdowns and has thus far been injured half his career, nobody is gonna give you anything for him.

From a Colts fans stand point he is great, but to the rest of the NFL he is nothing so far. Nobody is gonna offer anything and even if they did what are we gonna do ? Draft a later round runningback to replace him ? There is no value there, we have to keep him and hope he contributes.

And again I say, the same argument could be made for Carter. Plus he was known for not being able to protect the ball.

And the Ravens sprung for him.

Me either, Grigson surely has to be working on something. I don't think Holmes is the answer at center and I think the Colts don't think he is either. Hopefully we hear something soon. I like the other moves we've made but I have been waiting for the center news all day.

Maybe he gets after an under the radar type of guy to do the job??  IDK I'm wondering about center and free safety, because we don't have anyone on the team that I feel we could depend on to start there.

Also I'm wondering if we are signing a WR or not.  A lot of receivers have been linked to us and said they've had interest.  But havn't heard about any planned visits yet.

Also havn't heard about any big receiver signings anyplace.

[Yawn].

I would have rather them saved the money they're paying him(however much it is) and add to the roster for true needs. We'll be lucky if he isn't on IR in the 1st few weeks of the season. He's good when healthy...unfortunately, that's pretty much...NEVER!

1. The crop of FA running backs willing to sign for nothing is better than ever, I think we'd want another RB no matter what.

2. Bradshaw was injured in the neck with us, that's like calling Peyton injury prone because of his neck injury.

Of course he's been injured a lot on the past but his injury was a fluke and for all we know he could have played all season if not for it.

Maybe he gets after an under the radar type of guy to do the job??  IDK I'm wondering about center and free safety, because we don't have anyone on the team that I feel we could depend on to start there.

Also I'm wondering if we are signing a WR or not.  A lot of receivers have been linked to us and said they've had interest.  But havn't heard about any planned visits yet.

Also havn't heard about any big receiver signings anyplace.

I think if we do sign a center and a safety, WR will pretty much be out of the question unless it's just #3 or #4 type guy that will come very cheap. I'm with you that there isn't anybody on the roster at the center or FS positions that I would be comfortable with right now. They have to be addressed and especially the center spot through free agency. 

Yeah. Trade a first round pick and not exhaust every effort to make it pay off. 

You should apply for the GM job in Oakland or Dallas. You'd fit right in.  :rollseyes:

Since when do you know anything about football Mr. smart guy! You saw that bum run last year and he totally sucks, what make your tiny little brain think he will do any better this season fool!