Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans aget...Jonathan Joseph>

Holden89

Guess that means they're out of the Nnamdi sweepstakes? unless they plan on signing both corners...Saw it scroll on the bottom of NFL network and my iphone just informed me as well.

No link yet, though.

Edit: Wow...messed up that title pretty bad. Sorry, I'm typing from a mobile device, lol

NFL.com just updated, and this info is now there My link

And another:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/28/texans-agree-to-deal-with-cb-joseph/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interestingly, in your first link it says: "The early buzz had the Texans as the frontrunners for Asomugha, but Houston agreeing to a deal with Johnathan Joseph presumably eliminates that pursuit."

I don't like Jason LaCanfora for his Colts hate, but I must say he knows his free agency stuff. Jason also removed the Texans as a team who's interested in the Asomugha column. You'd think if there was even remote interest from the Texans, that Jason would leave the Texans logo up on the site column, but no. Quite a surprise considering the Texans went from being very close to signing, to all of a sudden not interested whatsoever!

I think this basically confirms the Texans aren't getting Asomugha. Jason isn't going to do this kind of dramatic reversal without justified cause. I think he knows 99% that they aren't getting Asomugha, but as an analyst, he doesn't want to jump the gun and say it's confirmed.

Congrats Colts! Chest bumps for all!

Looks like Asomugha could be heading to the Jets for real...gulp

Although I've heard from some analysts he may not be the best fit. It does kind of make sense...

1.) Rex Ryan is a defensive guru, so he could save money and go with a lower talented player and coach him to play very well.

2.) Nnamdi I heard plays a different style from Revis. I'm not a CB expert, but it's a man vs. zone difference. Something about Nnamdi doesn't chase guys like Revis does, but what do I know, I don't watch Oakland play.

3.) Nnamdi will be difficult to coach out of any bad habits Rex Ryan may perceive. Hopefully, he isn't like Albert Haynesworth and decides to be stubborn. In my mind, a player who gets paid well should be willing to do anything his coach asks, without question (as long as it pertains to football).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d8210ed70/Where-will-Nnamdi-land?module=HP11_content_stream

I'd say the Texans are still pursuing Nnambi... Either way this isn't exactly good for us. They may have an off year getting their new defense in place (I don't think it's going to be as tough for them to do as a lot of people say) but Joseph has always seemed to make good reads on Peyton.

Wow as per multiple tweets it now looks like Houston is also a finalist/frontrunner for Bear's S Danieal Manning with the money they saved by skipping over Aso.

Update: Texans sign Safety Danieal Manning to a 4 year 20 million dollar contract.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/6814863/danieal-manning-houston-texans-agree-4-year-20-million-deal-agent-says

Although I've heard from some analysts he may not be the best fit. It does kind of make sense...

1.) Rex Ryan is a defensive guru, so he could save money and go with a lower talented player and coach him to play very well.

2.) Nnamdi I heard plays a different style from Revis. I'm not a CB expert, but it's a man vs. zone difference. Something about Nnamdi doesn't chase guys like Revis does, but what do I know, I don't watch Oakland play.

3.) Nnamdi will be difficult to coach out of any bad habits Rex Ryan may perceive. Hopefully, he isn't like Albert Haynesworth and decides to be stubborn. In my mind, a player who gets paid well should be willing to do anything his coach asks, without question (as long as it pertains to football).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d8210ed70/Where-will-Nnamdi-land?module=HP11_content_stream

Nnamdi Awesomeugha plays primarily press but then so does Revis - what makes these guys so effective is that they don't play off their receivers but rather just maul and grapple and stick to them like glue bordering on interference at times.

It's actually arguable that Awesomeugha is the better CB between he and Revis, even when the latter is fully healthy. The stats (or rather lack of) really show how amazing Nnamdi is.

Only one problems - CBs don't win Superbowls, QBs do and at the end of the day they have Sanchez