Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts resign Vontae Davis [Merge]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree completely on the needs in order.  Also, i like the Phillip Gaines pickup in the draft if we can snag him late.

And Center isn't something you can address in the draft.  Not sure there is a starting quality center in this years draft. It rare for that to ever be the case in any draft though (Travis Fredrick was an anomaly). Hoping we can get that done today, or by the end of the week.

And Center isn't something you can address in the draft.  Not sure there is a starting quality center in this years draft. It rare for that to ever be the case in any draft though (Travis Fredrick was an anomaly). Hoping we can get that done today, or by the end of the week.

Yeah, if not, I still have hope for Holmes.  just haven't seen enough, or anythign really, to think he won't be able to fill the role.  But it would be nice to have a backup plan somewhere in there.

He was probably testing the market and saw no big whopper money. 

I don't mine the 10 per year, the 20 mil guaranteed  is high, IMO

Need to see the structure.  Is it like D Jacksons, where the first two years are basically guaranteed? 

That would be fine. 

All right! Now lets cut Toler and go after go Verner lol! Actually we need a C next. Hopefully we get Puente or Dietrich-Smith. We have no chance of going after Byrd now and Ward is signing with the Broncos. Maybe get Hakeem Nicks and sign him to a 3 year deal for around 12-15 million.

All right! Now lets cut Toler and go after go Verner lol! Actually we need a C next. Hopefully we get Puente or Dietrich-Smith. We have no chance of going after Byrd now and Ward is signing with the Broncos. Maybe get Hakeem Nicks and sign him to a 3 year deal for around 12-15 million.

EDS is visiting Tampa right now. As for Verner, he said he would sign quickly, but I have no idea what happened to that. Ward's 5.5 million may actually help teams trying to sign Byrd.

Also on the bright side, I'm sure this puts to bed all the Eric Decker rumors. Not sure there is room to sign him for the Number 1 receiver money he wants. Also rules out Byrd as well. Looks like we could get a Center and maybe some OL for depth for the rest of FA. Guessing WR and FS will be addressed in the draft.

I'm very happy both sides got this deal done!  Although Vontae deserves every dollar he got (Probably could've got more elsewhere), but I wish he would've taken a little less money.  We still need a dominant Center.  Previously Signing D'Qwell and Arthur pretty much filled up all the holes on Defense now.  Just reminding all that we still need to lock up franchise players in the future such as: Luck, Hilton, Ballard, Richardson (one will probably be let go), Fleener, and Allen (one will probably be let go).  Yes we had a lot of cap space but that doesn't mean it's all free to spend.