Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Full 7-Round Mock Draft

So far this is my mock draft on the year and i will mock trades.

Colts end up with the 1st overall pick with a 1-15 record. And they trade there 1st overall pick to the Eagles for there 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rounder.

Round 1(via Phi): Alameda Ta'amu DT, Washington- He is a huge lineman with great run stuffing abilities. Every game he is getting constitally double and triple teamed. This fill our biggest need in run stopping (31st overall).

Round 2: Kirk Cousins QB, Michigan State- This guy of course fills the second biggest need. He is a smart QB with great accuracy. A similar player to Andy Dalton.

Round 2 (via Phi): Vinny Curry DE, Marshall- With No. 93 and 98 getting old they will need someone to help rush the passer. he gives depth and he is a solid run stopper also.

Round 3: Trumaine Johnson CB, Montana- I really like this guy and how he plays. Im glad to see other people on this forum see the same thing. This guy i see being another Powers for us. He also fills a need for the Colts poor secondary play.

Round 3 (via Phi): Markelle Martin S, OSU- This guy will give good saftey depth. Im really dissapointed that Bullitt is out for the season. But yet again he is only a alright saftey.

Round 4: Sean Spence OLB, Miami- Angerer and Conner are doing great for this team and they are great players. But outside of them and IRed Braskett there isnt much. This guy is a great player and a great tackler. Sims and Wheeler are FA's and they are just not good enough.

Round 5: Kendall Wright WR, Baylor- Wright is a fast great possetion reciver who can play slot and outside. Also with Gonzo a FA i doubt he is going to be resigned.

Round 5 (via Phi): Josh Oglesby OT, Wisconsin- With injuries to the line and with Deim a FA this would be a great pick. He is very versatile and played LT, RT, and G and has played great for Wisconsin.

Round 6: Antione McClain OG, Clemson- Deim is a free agent and the Colts hit an injury bug this year. McClaine provides depth and versatility to the line.

Round 7: Kenny Okoro CB, Wake Forest- We have a big problem with our CBs. Lacey is a FA and more likely than not Terrence Johnson is going to get cut

Round 1: Someone from Alabama's defense

Round 2: Someone from LSU's defense

Round 3: Someone from Alabama's defense

Round 4: Someone from LSU's defense

Round 5: Someone from Alabama's defense

Round 6: Someone from LSU's defense

Round 7: Someone from Alabama's defense

In all seriousness, I like the draft but I don't think the Eagles will trade for the #1 pick. If we're going to trade down I want to trade with the Dolphins who'll likely have the #2 pick and be desperate enough to give us everything but the kitchen sink, and then trade down again to whoever wants Matt Barkley.

I like that you have Antoine McClain on your draft. I really think he could contribute to our line even though he is a player that is going to need worked on for a lack of better word.(Can't think of the word, its right on the cusp of my brain.) I had a mock draft in my signature that consisted of us trading the 1st overall pick to the Phins and then trading the 2nd overall pick to the Seahawks that would gain us a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds of this year and next. But then people started criticizing how I had Jeff Fuller mocked to us in the 4th round so I took it down even though he was ranked as a 4th round prospect at the time.

In all seriousness, I like the draft but I don't think the Eagles will trade for the #1 pick. If we're going to trade down I want to trade with the Dolphins who'll likely have the #2 pick and be desperate enough to give us everything but the kitchen sink, and then trade down again to whoever wants Matt Barkley.

lol i do agree that we might trade the picks from round 1 to round 5. Theres no doubt that the lower the draft pick we have, the more we have to pay them. So why not trade it for a higher draft pick and pay them less? We can get more out of it. Weve been picking high draft picks for the past 10 years since Peyton and have had lots of success.

I like that you have Antoine McClain on your draft. I really think he could contribute to our line even though he is a player that is going to need worked on for a lack of better word.(Can't think of the word, its right on the cusp of my brain.) I had a mock draft in my signature that consisted of us trading the 1st overall pick to the Phins and then trading the 2nd overall pick to the Seahawks that would gain us a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds of this year and next. But then people started criticizing how I had Jeff Fuller mocked to us in the 4th round so I took it down even though he was ranked as a 4th round prospect at the time.

You got to stop worrying about other people criticizing your picks. Marlin Jackson was projected round 2, drafted in round 1; Kelvin Hayden was projected round 5, drafted in round 2; Pat Angerer was projected round 4, drafted in round 2; and I am sure several more reaches have happened in Polian's era. Every one of us is doing a mock and our perception of value in a mock is as good as another person doing his mock, so don't let the ramblings of others get to you :), you are doing just fine.

To me, if Peyton does not come back, we will get the best QB available in round 1, IMO.

If history is any indication, drafting Kerry Collins in round 1, Peyton in round 1, don't be surprised if we draft another QB in round 1. The positioning of Redskins and Seahawks in round 1 will be very critical because there is a significant drop in QB quality after Luck, Barkley and Jones, IMO. So, if we take the chance of trading down, we should be willing to live with the fate of the franchise being built not around a marquee QB but around other pieces. We may hit the jackpot on a 2nd round QB but then, we may not. The question is, how many 2nd round QBs will be projects vs starters that can be thrown in the line of fire like Luck, Barkley or Jones. Anyone's guess!!!

The other aspect is, the lower draft picks do not cost anywhere close to the ballpark of what they used to, so teams will be willing to trade with you easily just as you can afford to pay them easier as well.

So, here goes my 7 round mock if we stand pat with no trading up or down :) :

Round 1 (assuming pick No.2): Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

Round 2 (pick No.2): Chase Minnfield, CB, Virginia

Round 3 (pick No.2): Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas

Round 4 (pick No.2): Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Round 5 (pick No.2): Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina

Round 6 (pick No.2): Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

Round 7 (pick No.2): Christian Thompson, FS/SS, South Carolina State (transfer from Auburn at 6'1", 218, 4.45)

Edited by chad72

Completely agree. Unless we are put in a position where we have to take a QB because of Peyton's health, I really hope we trade down and land WR Justin Blackmon or CB Morris Claiborne and then S Mark Barron in this draft. I just think Morris will be a very good man coverage corner who may draw comparisons to Darrelle Revis.

To me, if Peyton does not come back, we will get the best QB available in round 1, IMO.

If history is any indication, drafting Kerry Collins in round 1, Peyton in round 1, don't be surprised if we draft another QB in round 1. The positioning of Redskins and Seahawks in round 1 will be very critical because there is a significant drop in QB quality after Luck, Barkley and Jones, IMO. So, if we take the chance of trading down, we should be willing to live with the fate of the franchise being built not around a marquee QB but around other pieces. We may hit the jackpot on a 2nd round QB but then, we may not. The question is, how many 2nd round QBs will be projects vs starters that can be thrown in the line of fire like Luck, Barkley or Jones. Anyone's guess!!!

The other aspect is, the lower draft picks do not cost anywhere close to the ballpark of what they used to, so teams will be willing to trade with you easily just as you can afford to pay them easier as well.

So, here goes my 7 round mock if we stand pat with no trading up or down :) :

Round 1 (assuming pick No.2): Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

Round 2 (pick No.2): Chase Minnfield, CB, Virginia

Round 3 (pick No.2): Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas

Round 4 (pick No.2): Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Round 5 (pick No.2): Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina

Round 6 (pick No.2): Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

Round 7 (pick No.2): Christian Thompson, FS/SS, South Carolina State (transfer from Auburn at 6'1", 218, 4.45)

Gotta say not a huge fan of this draft. And Casey Hayward will go round 3 or earlier.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to them! I love Jeff Fuller, I think he can become the eventual successor to Reggie Wayne. He's got some great talent!

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

If the Colts don't draft Luck if he stays in college or we don't get the number one over all pick.. etc. I have no clue how we finish our season. If we don't get lucky, I can guarantee we solify our offensive or defense line. With the way our record is right now we can finally get top talent at each round. I'm saying as of right now our needs are the following. OG's, DT, DE, CB, SS, WR, LB.

If the Colts don't draft Luck if he stays in college or we don't get the number one over all pick.. etc. I have no clue how we finish our season. If we don't get lucky, I can guarantee we solify our offensive or defense line. With the way our record is right now we can finally get top talent at each round. I'm saying as of right now our needs are the following. OG's, DT, DE, CB, SS, WR, LB.

I would definitely take DE off your list.

Trade #1 to Miami for #2 and 2nd along with 1st and 2nd next year, add in Vontae Davis or Sean Smith and that would be all the better. In this case I am adding in one of the players listed.

2nd overall - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

33rd overall - Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

34th overall - Jayron Hosely, CB, Virginia Tech

65th overall - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

97th overall - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

129th overall - Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas

161st overall - Jacquies Smith, DE, Missouri

193rd overall - Antoine McClain, OG, Clemson

Edited by AustinCollie17(Braxton B.)