Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency thread

TKnight24

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, but we would have to be very creative with the expensive contract.... if I had to choose between Mack or Byrd I choose Mack..

there are Safety's in the draft that can replace and be better than Bethea and I feel C is our most urgent need ... need to set up the consistency for the Long Haul

1) Wait until everyone else blows their space.

2) Instead of giving him a signing bonus of $15M, give him a roster bonus of the same amount so his cap hit in year 1 is $20M.

3) Cut Greg Toler - Saves $4.166M

4) Restructure RJF - Saves ~$3M -OR- Cut RJF - Saves $3.25M

5) Sign rookies.

I was never the biggest Donald Brown fan before this season but I don't know what to think if we let him go and just have an injury prone Bradshaw, Ballard who is coming off of ACL surgery, and Bust Mode Richardson in the backfield considering Pep is always trying to run the ball more.

I was never the biggest Donald Brown fan before this season but I don't know what to think if we let him go and just have an injury prone Bradshaw, Ballard who is coming off of ACL surgery, and Bust Mode Richardson in the backfield considering Pep is always trying to run the ball more.

The person in the backfield doesn't matter if the front 5 do their job right

Long as the RB can read holes & not fumble then it doesn't matter

You must be Modern II...or 2.0....or Modern himself.  I see you have 4 posts.  I am sure they are as special as this one....you are welcome to go to the Everything Trent Richardson Thread.  Soon I hope.

now back to business hopefully Wednesday we sign Brian De La Puente to a 3 year deal and i can breathe again we need some o line help and i like brian to help us out would maybe like a solid mid tier corner for the 4th spot or back up nickel like nolan carrol or maybe a long shot but try to still get tarell brown for a one year deal id really like him alongside vontae would be better than toler not really needed but it'd be nice

I really like what the Colts have done so far.  With about half of our cap room left here is what I would like to see:

-Go hard after Alex Mack.  I truly believe a great center moves our offense to the next level.  Granted this would eat a good chunk of our cap but I believe he would be worth it.

-Draft a safety and let him compete with Delano Howell.  The money for free safety is above market, we need to get a cheaper option in the draft.

-Sign Hakeem Nicks to a DHB one year contract.  The market is deflated, and the upside is too good to pass up.

-Pickup a utility guard to play along with returning Donald Thomas.  I.E. Costa for about 1-1.5M per

Get the rest of our depth through the draft.

1) Wait until everyone else blows their space.

2) Instead of giving him a signing bonus of $15M, give him a roster bonus of the same amount so his cap hit in year 1 is $20M.

3) Cut Greg Toler - Saves $4.166M

4) Restructure RJF - Saves ~$3M -OR- Cut RJF - Saves $3.25M

5) Sign rookies.

If you do that, his Year 2 base salary has to be at least $10m. Are you really going to pay a center $15m/year for two years?

You got a rough guess at how much cap space we got left Superman?

Nope. No details on cap hits for Sergio Brown, AV, Moala, Hickman, Davis, etc. Davis is the primary one. I figure Brown is no more than $2m, AV is probably $2.5, Moala probably $1m, Hickman probably $500k (assuming he got the ERFA tender)... But Davis could be anywhere from $6-10m. And Jones is $5.6m. 

So if I were pressed for a guess, I'd say we spent somewhere between $16-20m in 2014 cap space today. 

Nope. No details on cap hits for Sergio Brown, AV, Moala, Hickman, Davis, etc. Davis is the primary one. I figure Brown is no more than $2m, AV is probably $2.5, Moala probably $1m, Hickman probably $500k (assuming he got the ERFA tender)... But Davis could be anywhere from $6-10m. And Jones is $5.6m.

So if I were pressed for a guess, I'd say we spent somewhere between $16-20m in 2014 cap space today.

Alright cool so could still be possible to grab say EDS or BDLP

On a six year deal?  Sure.

Year 1 - $5M P5 Salary - $15M Roster Bonus

Year 2 - $5M P5 Salary - $5M Roster Bonus

Year 3 - $5M P5 Salary

Year 4 - $5M P5 Salary

Year 5 - $5M P5 Salary

Year 6 - $5M P5 Salary

Guarantee the first year of salary and the two roster bonuses.  That's $25M guaranteed.  This is a 6 year, $50M contract with an APY of $8.3M.  You can cut him after the first year and save $5M in cap space.  The guaranteed money sunsets after 2015, which is in time for Luck's big extension to kick in.  It puts him as the highest paid Center in the league in multiple important categories and depending on how much Cleveland's spent already, it makes it difficult for them to match.

Guaranteed Money - $25M

Guaranteed Money per Year - $4.166M

APY - $8.3M

Current High for Guaranteed Money - Ryan Kalil ($19M);

Current High for Guaranteed Money Per Year - Eric Wood ($3.637M);

Current High for Highest APY - Ryan Kalil ($8.186M).

That's my pitch.