Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT Reporting Davis To Sign With Another Team

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Vontae, I'm not keen on paying him more than 8.5 mil. He has some inconsistencies and tendency to give up on plays. He is very strong in run support which I like. I'm just afraid that he becomes injury prone or quits working hard once he gets paid. Just my fear.....no merit to it really. 

Just don't want to end up in cap hell. I would have felt better about tagging him at 12 mil than signing him for 4 years at 10-11 per.

Come on......you know how tough it is to live on just 8.5 million?

:D

I'd have no problem giving him $12-13M. $16M is just too much and I don't think anyone will give him that kind of money.

Gun to my head, I take it. With the cap going up it's worth the risk. However, if you had the choice of Sam Shields at $9.75 and Revis at $16, with no guarantees left on his deal. I would be hard-pressed not to take the best player in his position.

Rex just had the best CB in the league in Revis so he knows what it takes for a CB to get to that level. If the Jets are willing to pay 9-10 mil for Davis then they know how great a talent he is and what he can become with a great d-line. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Davis is a top 3 CB next year under Rex. I've been one of many Grigson supporters since the beginning but if he lets Davis go to the Jets it would be the biggest mistake he's ever made. Yes, even worse then the DHB signing because losing Davis will have an impact on our wins and loses, he's that valuable to the defensive scheme.

Gun to my head, I take it. With the cap going up it's worth the risk. However, if you had the choice of Sam Shields at $9.75 and Revis at $16, with no guarantees left on his deal. I would be hard-pressed not to take the best player in his position.

To each his own. We still don't know for sure what's going on behind closed doors with Vontae either.   

Truly I don't think we have any idea what the GM's are willing to spend on Revis.

Disclaimer: I'm not Grigson or any other NFL GM.

Revis IMO doesn't get 16 mill per year. I don't think any team will pay that kind of money for a CB. So either he gets traded and agrees to a new contract or he just gets cut and signs with the highest bidder.

Rex just had the best CB in the league in Revis so he knows what it takes for a CB to get to that level. If the Jets are willing to pay 9-10 mil for Davis then they know how great a talent he is and what he can become with a great d-line. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Davis is a top 3 CB next year under Rex. I've been one of many Grigson supporters since the beginning but if he lets Davis go to the Jets it would be the biggest mistake he's ever made. Yes, even worse then the DHB signing because losing Davis will have an impact on our wins and loses, he's that valuable to the defensive scheme.

Losing Davis will hurt but depending on what he's asking for we don't know that it would be a big mistake. It would also be a big mistake to pay Davis way more than he's worth. BTW, DHB was a mistake but not a big one at all. He cost very little and had no long term implications. To date, Richardson has been the biggest mistake. Losing our 1st rd. pick for literally no production has by far been Grigsons biggest blunder until Richardson does something to make him worth what we gave up.

Other then Talib who has character issues and is going to want to get payed what other CB's are comparable with Davis?

DRC, Will Blackmon, Tarell Brown, etc. None have quite the potential Davis does, but all can step in and play well for considerably less than Davis will likely be signing for.