Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks interested in signing with the Colts. [Merge]

Dustin

And people act as if Rodgers isn't already a huge improvement over DHB. He's young but has tons of potential. I'll trust him as a starter over an injury played Nicks who got outplayed by Victor Cruz when he was healthy, and by Reuben Randle.

I'm totally game for Nicks. We don't necessarily need a WR but if he wants a 1 year deal for a good price, we should do it. Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Brazill, Whalen, Rogers, and with Allen & Fleener. That would be pretty solid and focus the rest of the money on O-Line, D-line, and CB.

From that article: "Nicks was believed to be seeking a deal modeled on Mike Wallace's five-year, $60 million contract last offseason. Saturday's leak is a tacit admission that he will have to accept a lesser deal to rebuild his value before hitting the NFL jackpot."

He would have to accept a whole lot less than that 5/60MM kind of deal to be an attractive option, and I'll bet he's looking for some pretty hefty guaranteed money. He's not worth anything if he gets hurt in Week 3 and ties up a big chunk of cap money that could be used someplace else on the roster. The problem with this year's FAs is that there isn't much value in the available WRs. Settling for the third- or fourth-best available WR in this bunch is kind of like going home with the third- or fourth-best looking girl in the bar on "hog call" night. It's all relative.

From that article: "Nicks was believed to be seeking a deal modeled on Mike Wallace's five-year, $60 million contract last offseason. Saturday's leak is a tacit admission that he will have to accept a lesser deal to rebuild his value before hittintg the NFL jackpot."

He would have to accept a whole lot less than that 5/60MM kind of deal to be an attractive option, and I'll bet he's looking for some pretty hefty guaranteed money. He's not worth anything if he gets hurt in Week 3 and ties up a big chunk of cap money that could be used someplace else on the roster. The problem with this year's FAs is that there isn't much value in the available WRs. Settling for the third- or fourth-best available WR in

this bunch is kind of like going home with the third- or fourth-best looking girl in the bar on "hog call" night. It's all relative.

His value has gone down significantly since then.

I think we're going to end up signing Decker, Nicks, or Jones. I would prefer Nicks to a one year deal for less money where he can come in and prove his worth and reliability. Decker is gonna want big money, and I don't want the Colts dropping a ton of dough on WR right now. Jones is a solid WR but not the long term number one guy that Grigson is looking for.

I'd rather give Nicks 3 years/15M than Decker 4 years/30M. The bargain contracts is what can push us to the next level. However, I think the ONLY wr we should sign would be one to eventually replace Reggie. I don't think either of them will. Signing either of them would basically be saying goodbye to Brazil or Rodgers or Whalen. If that was the case, I'd let Brazil go.

Sorry but Griff would go before Brazil.

"Garcon is only good cuz of peyton. he will never be a #1 wr. Ever"

Sound familiar?

Garcon is a better wr than Decker. Hands are about the same they both are near the top of the league for drops. But Garcon is stronger, and can run circles around Decker. Edge goes to Garcon. 

If Nicks is willing to sign a 1yr deal it means he will be a beast in order to play into a large contract. Nothing to lose if we could sign him on a 1yr deal if the price is right to prove himself.

Sorry but Griff would go before Brazil.

I'm not so sure about that. Brazil costs more, he had  a 4 game suspension for PED, and he isn't suited for the slot like Whalen. With Wayne, Decker/Nicks, TY and Rodgers, there is no more room for an outside guy. I think Brazil would go before Whalen.

Hakeem Nicks has done more than Decker has. 1yr under Peyton doesn't impress me. Nicks is a legit deep threat. Eric Decker is the most overrated free agent

2  years under Peyton actually. year one 85 Rec 1064 Yards 13 TD's. Year two 87 Rec 1288 Yards 11 TD's. I don't know if i'd say most overrated free agent.

If the Colts decide to take Nicks on a one year prove it deal, I'd be pretty happy with it. I imagine Nicks could be had for 3-5 Mil. Under the right circumstances he could thrive, and he'd already be an upgrade over DHB. With only 5 picks I think we have more important needs to address in the draft this year. If they sign Nicks and he doesn't work then I think they have to draft a WR next year, but with the spread offense I think we're going to continuously keep seeing deep WR classes on a yearly basis. I'm not too concerned with the WR spot going forward.

Going to Carolina. That's his hometown. It's where he went to college too. He'd be the missing link for a very mediocre Panthers receiving core.

Problem there is Carolina is only about 6 mill under the cap. It could get done but Nicks would have to be a real priority.

Nicks has got some HANDS.

A Big NO to Decker.

I Always like to remind of this.

#1 draft pick Reggie Wayne with the Best Hands in the draft playing with PEYTON Manning.

yr #1 27 catches 345 yards NO TD`s

yr#2 49 716 and 4TD`s

Da'Rick has the physical Tools, he will get better this year, and should be getting Pretty Darn Tough by mid-season 2015.

Andrew has trouble with short to mid-range timing, he has a ways to go, so Decker would Not be that good in year one, and how much better than Rogers by Playoff Time in 2015?

With all the other weapons Andrew will have, Would Decker have the VALUE of a Big Contract?

Rogers is my guy can't wait to see him this next season after working the offseason with Andrew

When healthy Nicks is a Dangerous receiver, i wouldnt mind if the Colts brought him in on a 1 yr deal and depending on performance and his health possibly signing him to a longer deal at season's end. he would for sure be a upgrade over H-Bey. Its going to be Interesting to see if they take a look his way, after the season he's had his market isnt really that broad. 

I think either one of Decker and Nicks would be a good fit. People say that Decker is too much of a risk coz he only seems gd coz of Manning but if he's coming to the colts with a top quality QB and possible future MVP Luck throwing at him, does it matter? But Nicks is maybe more risky coz of injury and a slight dip in form. But Nicks is avery dominating figure.

Hakeem Nicks has done more than Decker has. 1yr under Peyton doesn't impress me. Nicks is a legit deep threat. Eric Decker is the most overrated free agent

I would think you could look up the stats before making an uninformed comment. Decker - 2352 yards and 24 TDs in two seasons. Hicks- 1588 yards and 4 TDs in two seasons. Oh, by the way Decker has been with Manning two seasons.