Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks interested in signing with the Colts. [Merge]

Free agent Hakeem Nicks named the Colts, Panthers, and Chargers as teams he's interested in signing with. "Ideally this is what I want: I want to go to a team where I'm the missing link," said Nicks, 26. "I know if I went to a place like Indianapolis I would be dangerous with a quarterback like Andrew Luck. I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton or even Philip Rivers." Nicks stated his preference is "a long-term deal," but he's also open to one-year offers. His market hasn't been hot to this point, but Nicks is still very likely to land a starting job.

Going to Carolina. That's his hometown. It's where he went to college too. He'd be the missing link for a very mediocre Panthers receiving core.

I agree. If he can get back to form, he and Smith could be a dangerous receiving corps IMO.

Here is what he said.

"Ideally this is what I want: I want to go to a team where I'm the missing link. There are a number of teams that I have my eye on once I hit the market. I know if I went to a place like Indianapolis I would be dangerous with a quarterback like Andrew Luck. I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton or even Philip Rivers. Players have already started to reach out to me from other teams saying they would love for me to come join them. I just want to make it clear that I want a long-term deal and I want to be happy. I'm excited about talking to teams and making it work."

nicks is interesting as he could be number one material, however he seems to have lost a burst or was just not giving his all. maybe injury had something to do with that, but what concerns me is that we possibly sign him to one year deal and he comes in and plays lights out. It puts us in position to give him larger contract next year. Im leaning towards golden tate. Would love to have him instead

I'm not looking for a guy to come in for one year and walk.

I'd prefer Decker.. He fits the Colts better and hs just a better football player then Nicks..

Decker will cost more but you know what your getting with Decker.. A future!

I just don't trust Hakeem Nicks

We have to learn to stay away from injury-prone players. We gambled with Toler and Bradshaw like this last year and both missed the majority of the season. I like our receiving core as is, anyways. I think we have something with Brazill and Rodgers, in addition to Wayne and Hilton

how much cap space panthers got? and how much is he gonna cost for 1 year i dont mind taking him for 1 year seeing how it goes then try keep him long term or draft one wr next year if doesnt work out

7 million in cap space. If we sign him for a one-year deal, it's going to be cheap.

I'd much rather have Nicks on a 1 year deal rather than Decker on a 5 year Deal.

Bit even to mention the difference in $$$$ they would command.

He came out and said, he isn't looking for a 1year deal, he wants a multi-year contract.

I'd rather give Nicks 3 years/15M than Decker 4 years/30M. The bargain contracts is what can push us to the next level. However, I think the ONLY wr we should sign would be one to eventually replace Reggie. I don't think either of them will. Signing either of them would basically be saying goodbye to Brazil or Rodgers or Whalen. If that was the case, I'd let Brazil go. 

He came out and said, he isn't looking for a 1year deal, he wants a multi-year contract.

." Nicks stated his preference is "a long-term deal," but he's also open to one-year offers." -Rotoworld

Nicks has got some HANDS.
A Big NO to Decker.
I Always like to remind of this.

#1 draft pick Reggie Wayne with the Best Hands in the draft playing with PEYTON Manning.

yr #1 27 catches 345 yards NO TD`s

yr#2 49 716 and 4TD`s

Da'Rick has the physical Tools, he will get better this year, and should be getting Pretty Darn Tough by mid-season 2015.
Andrew has trouble with short to mid-range timing, he has a ways to go, so Decker would Not be that good in year one, and how much better than Rogers by Playoff Time in 2015?
 With all the other weapons Andrew will have,  Would Decker have the VALUE of a Big Contract?

I'm not looking for a guy to come in for one year and walk.

I'd prefer Decker.. He fits the Colts better and hs just a better football player then Nicks..

Decker will cost more but you know what your getting with Decker.. A future!

I just don't trust Hakeem Nicks

I am wearing those shoes also. Everyone keeps talking about Decker and money. Well it does take money to sign top notch players.

Nicks has got some HANDS.

A Big NO to Decker.

I Always like to remind of this.

#1 draft pick Reggie Wayne with the Best Hands in the draft playing with PEYTON Manning.

yr #1 27 catches 345 yards NO TD`s

yr#2 49 716 and 4TD`s

Da'Rick has the physical Tools, he will get better this year, and should be getting Pretty Darn Tough by mid-season 2015.

Andrew has trouble with short to mid-range timing, he has a ways to go, so Decker would Not be that good in year one, and how much better than Rogers by Playoff Time in 2015?

With all the other weapons Andrew will have,  Would Decker have the VALUE of a Big Contract?

Decker has no hands?? What games have you been watching?

I am wearing those shoes also. Everyone keeps talking about Decker and money. Well it does take money to sign top notch players.

Problem is he's not a top notch player.

Nicks: Coming off injuries

Reggie: Coming off ACL Injury.

Hate the idea of 2 starting WR's coming off injuries.

I don't want to be back to having to start Griff and Da'Rick again. Nothing against those two though.

Still really like Nicks. Just not sure I believe in his health.

He's already said he'll settle for one, look at the actual post.

Free agent Hakeem Nicks named the Colts, Panthers, and Chargers as teams he's interested in signing with. "Ideally this is what I want: I want to go to a team where I'm the missing link," said Nicks, 26. "I know if I went to a place like Indianapolis I would be dangerous with a quarterback like Andrew Luck. I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton or even Philip Rivers." Nicks stated his preference is "a long-term deal," but he's also open to one-year offers. His market hasn't been hot to this point, but Nicks is still very likely to land a starting job.

Hakeem Nicks has serious catching ability but he hasn't stayed healthy as of late but it would be a solid signing if it happened. I still personally think we're fine at WR minus DHB.

What number would he wear? He sure isn't wearing Marvin's.