Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Am I the only one?

Rebelknight

Agreed,

I am concerned about the Colts plan, given the ongoing (I hope) negotiations with Davis dragging into free agency, the lack of signing other of our own free agents. I would have thought if the Davis negotiations stalled we would lock up our other free agents before the tampering period began. It seems it might make those other guys more expensive once fielding outside offers, negating the home town discount angle. Basically if it came down to Davis (OR) the rest, we opted for neither at this point. It is a bit worrisome.

Sam Shields contract did not help our chances with Vontae.....If they pay him over 40 million I will flip out, we can drop Toler and find to 2 quality CB's for less money......Sam Shields rated C+ GOT 40 MILLION.....  EJ Biggers from Tampa is 6'0' tall and his pro day he clocked a 4.34 he is 26yrs old rated C.  Throw in a Chris Cook from Minnesota at 6'2' and ran 4.46 and 27yrs old also rated C and we will have some BIG corners that are veterans, still young, speed, and could improve.  We will still have cash to go after a safety Byrd, Chris Clemons, or Bethea for that matter and add some other pieces on the defense.

Does anybody remember our defense giving up 378 passing to the Chiefs with Vontae Davis.  Remember Tavon Austin burning up Davis for a 60 TD and a breakout game of 310 yards all purpose.  I really think he is not worth the 40 million he is asking for and he would be putting our team in a cap pinch in the future.  Grigs I hope your ego does not get the best of you and let him go because you traded a second rounder for him, sign Vaughn again let go of Toler and go find a couple solid CB's and move on.

Does anybody remember our defense giving up 378 passing to the Chiefs with Vontae Davis. Remember Tavon Austin burning up Davis for a 60 TD and a breakout game of 310 yards all purpose. I really think he is not worth the 40 million he is asking for and he would be putting our team in a cap pinch in the future. Grigs I hope your ego does not get the best of you and let him go because you traded a second rounder for him, sign Vaughn again let go of Toler and go find a couple solid CB's and move on.

Vontae gave up like 28 yards in the Chiefs game.

I realize that he is not responsible for the 378 yards......I do not agree with paying a corner that much money when our defense needs more help stuff the run.  There is a stock pile of CB's out there that can perform and if you find a nice tandem for less money than I think we are better off. 

I realize that he is not responsible for the 378 yards......I do not agree with paying a corner that much money when our defense needs more help stuff the run. There is a stock pile of CB's out there that can perform and if you find a nice tandem for less money than I think we are better off.

Our D has to have a CB like Davis. And finally people are starting to see that none of the good CBs are gonna come cheap like they thought

I've read in a few places we've contacted Nicks' agent to see about a deal. He's looking to do a one year deal to prove he's healthy and it seems we're interested.

Much better than a Decker deal, IMO.

But yes. Everything else is rather quiet.

But that doesn't seem the case with just us. It seems to be a mute tampering period league-wide.

Does anybody remember our defense giving up 378 passing to the Chiefs with Vontae Davis. Remember Tavon Austin burning up Davis for a 60 TD and a breakout game of 310 yards all purpose. I really think he is not worth the 40 million he is asking for and he would be putting our team in a cap pinch in the future. Grigs I hope your ego does not get the best of you and let him go because you traded a second rounder for him, sign Vaughn again let go of Toler and go find a couple solid CB's and move on.

Let me get this straight...you want to cut Toler, let Davis walk but re-sign Vaughn??? Lol