Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick your scenario

danlhart87

Neither... Bethea needs to be out the door. He was looking lost in coverage this past season and gave up a lot of points and yardage. Let Bethea walk so we can have a real safety duo. We need a true FS that can handle coverage. We need to resign Vontae and get Ward or Byrd.

Neither... Bethea needs to be out the door. He was looking lost in coverage this past season and gave up a lot of points and yardage. Let Bethea walk so we can have a real safety duo. We need a true FS that can handle coverage. We need to resign Vontae and get Ward or Byrd.

This team shouldn't spend 20+m on 2 DBs.

I've looked everywhere and don't get me wrong I'm all for getting ward ...or I was....but it has him listed as a SS not a FS ..two names that I could see that r truly FS's that are available if we don't get Byrd...is Michael Mitchell looks promising...and Kerry rhoads is 31 but he was always good in coverage....but if we picked up ward wouldnt we have the same problem...having two safties that normal ly play the same position??

Imo 3>1>2

But i'd prefer option 4, keep Davis and Bethea while also drafting a CB and safety. A CB is a must for depth, even if it's in the later rounds and I'd love to have a proper playmaking coverage safety (think we definitely need some playmaking ability back there) but I think Davis has the potential to be a top 5 CB if he isn't already. And Bethea is a reliable option at safety.

I would prefer the 3rd option. Keep Bethea and Davis. and if there was a possible way to trade up with lets say St. Louis and get their 2nd 1st rounder then try to nab Ha Ha Clinton Dix for the future. but I doubt that scenario happens, well the trade that is because 1) Rams will prob want a kings ransom regardless and 2) still think their 2nd first rounder is in the top 15 of picks.

But if some how we got Byrd or Ward I would trade Landry for a draft pick or a corner. but I still think that may hurt us (I'm not good at the whole contract scenarios) and we would take a hit on Landry's contract.

I havent really followed Ward to much, is his coverage skills that much better than Bethea? from what i read in the forums his play pretty much resembles Landry's. If that's the case i wouldnt say his coverage ability surpass Bethea seeing as Bethea is better in coverage than Landry is. 

Losing Vontae Davis is bad, but its not the worst thing that could happen.  He's inconsistent and struggles with big time receivers.

We have lots of salary left and decent CB in FA.  

Draft DB (Cb/Safety)

DRC, Antonio Cromartie, Browner, maybe revis who knows

Byrd isn't on our radar, or is he?

Hope and pray our pass rush gets to the qb fast enough

Arthur Jones a colt is looking pretty positive.

Find a sleeper.