Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could/should draft....

Okay well first, i am from Las Cruces, NM home to the NM State Aggies. I have gone to every home game for the past 2.5 seasons and have been impressed by what WR Austin Franklin has done every single week. He is an amazing player that is very underrated.  NMSU had its pro day a couple days ago "under the close scrutiny of scouts and at least one receivers coach (Indianapolis Colts)."  Here is the article if you wish to read it http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24470441/pro-days-sleeper-wr-austin-franklin-impresses-at-nmsu

Highlight Video-

What do you guys think? I say he would be a steal in one of the later rounds.

Probably deserves to be in NFL Draft, Scouting, and Free Agent Talk section.

Since we already have a short elusive speedster in TY Hilton and considering the talk of bringing in a veteran WR to line up opposite Wayne (and eventually replace Wayne), I don't think Austin is much of an option for us. Maybe as a very late 6th or higher rounder if he's still there.

Ironically, the fact he "slipped on the sandy grass field at Aggie Memorial Stadium, according to a source on the scene" on his 40yd dash reminds me of Vick Ballard slipping in the 40, so I guess the Colts have that going for him.