Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan To Play A Patriot Fan In New Adam Sandler Movie

I feel his movies are getting worse and worse after each release. . .there are the classics that we all know but now he is just milking whats left of his career.

agreed its all about the money now

now he is just milking whats left of his career.

I thought you were talking about Rex Ryan for a minute. ;)

Personally I think that about the cleverest thing Sandler ever did was The Chanukah Song. Hilarious.

There are very funny scenes in every movie of his I've seen, but too often the movies in total are sub-par. I actually read recently that Punch Drunk Love is a well regarded movie in a conventional sense, and I want to see it. Rotten Tomatoes also thinks highly of Funny People, Stupidity, and Reign Over Me which I've never seen either. Looking at his list on their site, it seems as if he has gotten more into producing and screenwriting as he has gotten older. It's possible that he just isn't very good at either. Give some comedians full control, and they overdo it. They are at their best when a skilled screenwriter and director are controlling them. Why they can't recognize the difference themselves, I don't quite understand.

According to Rottentomatoes.com, the highest rated movie Sandler's been in is Punch-Drunk Love (2002) (79%). His lowest is Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) (%0).

Scroll down to see his filmography:

http://www.rottentom...y/adam_sandler/

An interesting tidbit is he wasn't an actor in the Bucky Larson movie. It was written, in part, by Adam Sandler, so I guess he fails at writing movies as well. It says it's directed by Tom Brady, but don't confuse that with the quarterback.

http://www.rottentom...n_to_be_a_star/

All of Sandler's movies, except Punch Drunk Love, have received under 70% scores. Only seven of his 48 movies have received 50% or higher. Basically, almost any movie Sandler is in will be doomed to under a 50% score, which pretty much constitutes a flop. Sandler has a special comedic style that people either hate or love... more often than not, it's hate.

Edited by ReMeDy

I just remembered, there is so much stuff being released on 11/11/11 when this movie is released, including video games, like Skyrim, and other blockbuster movies, like the Immortals. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie falls flat at the box office.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Taking 1 (or even 2) weeks off probably won't make much of a difference - as long as he doesn't aggravate it to the point that it forces him to the sidelines, it's probably better if he just soldiers on through, especially with these next few games being critical to our postseason chances.
    • You went into a lot of detail about players who were added to the teams to be rotational players.  I was simply talking about positional value and the alignment of great talent into the positions you count on to make plays or play three downs.  Buckner is a great example.  He is a great 3T, where 3T is probably THE most important position on the defense.     Which is equal to...not better than...having Robert Mathis as an all pro edge and NFL season sack leader playing in a 34, where the EDGE is probably the most important position in a 34....if not the press man corner who can match up against the number one receiver of the other team...in which we had a great player in that important position too Vontae.  Take your pick as which position is more important....we had them both staffed with a great player.   Back then, we had great players in positions of high value, but less talent in the lower valued positions.  A formula that got us to about 10-6/11-5 every year and either a playoff loss or some degree of advancement...when Luck was healthy.   Now, we have less talent in positions of high value than back then, but we have better talent in lower valued rotational players.  A formula that has gotten us likely to the same place to 10-6 and a playoff loss after we added talent to our important 3T position and shored up the QB spot from last year.   Same level of overall talent....disbursed differently.....resulting in the same result or forecasted result.   What is so objectionable or controversial about that?    The point about the draft is that it is disappointing that the best players on our current team look to be rolling off within two years, making it more difficult to continue to have great talent in positions of high value.  At least back then, some of those great players gave us stability for 7 or more years.  I hope that we can replace them with young great players who can contribute for 7 or more years like they have.  Right now, we don't have a real future at QB, LT, #1WR, or at steady outside pass rush or #1CB, but we have a decent supporting cast of other players.   
    • My only question is will Rivers playing through it (because I think we can all agree the guy is tough) make it worse? Because we will need him come playoff time and it would be better to let Jacoby play one game and let him heal then let it get progressively worse to the point it significantly affects his play in the post season.
    • This is especially true with QB's.  Colt's always seem to understate QB injuries.   Peyton was always a few weeks away from playing with his neck injury... Ended on IR  Luck's lacerated Kidney was suppose to only keep him out like 3 or 4 weeks...  Ended on IR  Luck's was going to be ready for the season at some point after his shoulder surgery.  Ended on IR . .  Luck's calf strain was just a minor thing in OTA's that was going to be taken care of with a little rest... Luck retired from football
  • Members

• w87r

w87r 2,801

Moderators
    • Behle

Behle 47

• gspdx

gspdx 655

• greenacres

greenacres 10

Rookie
    • hoosierhawk