Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan To Play A Patriot Fan In New Adam Sandler Movie

CR91

now he is just milking whats left of his career.

I thought you were talking about Rex Ryan for a minute. ;)

Personally I think that about the cleverest thing Sandler ever did was The Chanukah Song. Hilarious.

There are very funny scenes in every movie of his I've seen, but too often the movies in total are sub-par. I actually read recently that Punch Drunk Love is a well regarded movie in a conventional sense, and I want to see it. Rotten Tomatoes also thinks highly of Funny People, Stupidity, and Reign Over Me which I've never seen either. Looking at his list on their site, it seems as if he has gotten more into producing and screenwriting as he has gotten older. It's possible that he just isn't very good at either. Give some comedians full control, and they overdo it. They are at their best when a skilled screenwriter and director are controlling them. Why they can't recognize the difference themselves, I don't quite understand.

According to Rottentomatoes.com, the highest rated movie Sandler's been in is Punch-Drunk Love (2002) (79%). His lowest is Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) (%0).

Scroll down to see his filmography:

http://www.rottentom...y/adam_sandler/

An interesting tidbit is he wasn't an actor in the Bucky Larson movie. It was written, in part, by Adam Sandler, so I guess he fails at writing movies as well. It says it's directed by Tom Brady, but don't confuse that with the quarterback.

http://www.rottentom...n_to_be_a_star/

All of Sandler's movies, except Punch Drunk Love, have received under 70% scores. Only seven of his 48 movies have received 50% or higher. Basically, almost any movie Sandler is in will be doomed to under a 50% score, which pretty much constitutes a flop. Sandler has a special comedic style that people either hate or love... more often than not, it's hate.

Edited by ReMeDy

I just remembered, there is so much stuff being released on 11/11/11 when this movie is released, including video games, like Skyrim, and other blockbuster movies, like the Immortals. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie falls flat at the box office.