Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome To The Colts.com Fan Community Forum!

Peytongirl

Welcome everyone!

We may still have a few glitches and bugs to work out, but things are mostly working. Please let us know if you come across anything.

Hopefully this will be what everyone is looking for in a forum.

The old rules are pretty much the same and you can find those in the upper right hand corner of the forum under "forum rules".

Like I said, we are still working out a few details, but please enjoy the forum and getting your profiles set up. Let us know what you think!

And remember, as I mentioned below in a post - this is now simply the forum for the FAN COMMUNITY known as COLTS DIRECT. So be sure to check out what the entire fan site has to offer and join the social side if you have not done so already. :)

edit - a couple of things to note, there are two different photos to choose, a profile pic and an avatar. Some users have wondered why they uploaded a pic and it didn't show up as their avatar. You can set it to be the same pic, I think (we are still getting used to everything as well), but there are two separate photos. The avatar pic must be sized 90 x 90 or smaller in order to be uploaded. I think the profile pic will automatically resize. If you have any trouble resizing a photo for your avatar, please contact one of the mods and we will be happy to help you.

also - a couple of small changes from the old forum rules and I think this is mentioned elsewhere, but I thought I would add it here. You can post images and videos anywhere on the forum (as long as they are of reasonable size - as in 800 x 600 max). You can also have an image in your signature (100 x 400 max), so banners are back if you like! But if you are a user who does not wish to see all of this in the forum, you can turn it all off in your board preferences inside your personal profile.

Rules will be updated soon to reflect this.

Additionally, we are working on the chat room functionality. And please help out the mod squad by using the "report" button in the lower left corner of a post if you see anything out of line. Thanks so much.

More updates, soon!

Oh - I am sure it is listed somewhere on the site (still finding my way around, too!), but just in case you need a quick list - below is a list of our current site moderation team. Community team members can assist you in both the forum and on Colts Direct Social. Forum mods will generally assist in the forum area only and Colts Direct mods will be available for help on the social site.

Your Team!

Maureen - Community Manager - Your "go to" person for all things Colts, she can help with anything on the entire site!

PeytonGirl - Community Moderator - Assisting on both sides of fan site, but will be mainly dealing with the forum.

Megan - Community Moderator - Also assisting the whole site, but specializes on Colts Direct issues.

ColtsSouth - Community Moderator

Shecolt - Community Moderator

Zebra3 - Community Moderator - Great "go to" person for any technical issues.

JJ - Forum moderator

Please feel free to contact any of us for help and if we don't have the answer, we will find it together. A new adventure for us all. :cheer:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so much like the forum I loved. Glad to be back! :banana:

Me too because I rarely posted on the one we just had and wondered how it would be on a game day. I may be blonde but I love my football. So much so that if they get this lock out done I'm a Volunteer at the Training Camp at AU :neener:

What a happy surprise to pop in here and find this board plus some of our regulars. And emoticons! :D I always loved this one, :nonsense:

Hey PG, do you still have the original "puke" emoticon? It had a yellow face.

We have :yuk: :barf: right now but if we have ever had, I will find it. Give me a few minutes. ;)

Just so folks know, there are more than 100 emoticons. Just hit the "show all" on the right and you will get all of the ones in the old forum as well as a few new ones.

Lots of choices.

We are working on a few other things.

Are you kidding me so back in May or whatever i copy and pasted all the emoticons from the old website to colts direct for nothing. Well i havent checked them out yet but a dancing banana better be there.... :banana: okay were fine then

That is a little weird, but just a side note. The 'friends' here on the forum has nothing to do with Colts Direct. Nothing to do with who can or cannot message you...nothing "social" really. It is just a list of your 'friends', I guess.

I think there may be a setting in your profile that you can change. Either auto accept requests or manually. Yours may be set to auto-accept. ;)

Not to come off as anti-social, but I'm not really interested in participating in the "friends" social media part. Yet, I still get notices that someone has approved my friend request. I've never made any friend requests or approved any. Yet, I'm still gaining friends somehow.

Consider yourself lucky friends can be hard to come by. haha Just teasing I have mine set that I have to accept them as a friend. :FBgrin:

Tried to quote her here but I haven't figured out how to do that or even if it is possible yet! :)

It's not very intuitive. At the end of each post, there is a button that says "Reply." If you click that button, it will quote the post in your reply. On most forums, that button would say "Quote" instead of "Reply." If you want to reply without quoting anybody, there are buttons at the very top and very bottom of the thread that say "Add Reply" or you can just reply with quote and then delete the quote.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post something. Duh can you tell I'm blonde. No guys no comments please. :FBrolleyes:

Wait....did you just post to say that you can't figure out how to post.....<head explodes>

One thing that is probably going to change here from the older forums (because we have some options available that we didn't before): pending final approval - we will be able to post regular sized images and videos in all forums and we will be allowed one image in signatures (max size 100 x 400) or up to 3 lines of regular sized text - no oversized text and no URLs.

We understand that many posters have asked for this and we also understand that many users find this distracting. One good thing about this forum is that user have the option to disable avatars, images and signatures while reading the forum. So if you want to see these items - you can. If you do not wish to see them and you find them distracting, you can turn them off by going here in your own profile:

Colts Fan Forum - Your user profile

> Your control panel

> Forums

> Board Preferences

Board Display Settings (you can check box for yes or no)

View members' signatures when reading topics?

View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?

View members' avatars when reading topics?

So as soon as we get a final approval on these matters, the forum rules will be updated to reflect these changes. :)

Just trying to accommodate all users and their wishes to the best of our ability! :highfive:

Testing.

Edit: Thanks JCP! I wasn't sure if you could quote across multi-pages. Looks like you can. Great! :D

It's not very intuitive. At the end of each post, there is a button that says "Reply." If you click that button, it will quote the post in your reply. On most forums, that button would say "Quote" instead of "Reply." If you want to reply without quoting anybody, there are buttons at the very top and very bottom of the thread that say "Add Reply" or you can just reply with quote and then delete the quote.

Wait....did you just post to say that you can't figure out how to post.....<head explodes>

Yes, I wish the 'reply' button said quote. That is a bit confusing.

As for the other comment, :sarcasm: gotta love it. :spit: ;)

Copying this from another thread so it will be "stickied":

Just a friendly reminder! :rules:

Maureen has posted an PINNED announcement with some helpful tips to aid both new and longtime users of the fan forum. The main one is for everyone to read, carefully review and FOLLOW the forum rules and guidelines.

It is easy just to register at a new forum and jump right in with both feet and begin posting, assuming (you know what that word means) that this place is like every other football board out there. Well, that would be a HUGE mistake. :nono:

The Colts organization has set certain standards for the way they wish the fan forum and all of Colts Direct to be maintained. This is a family friendly place where all members are to be welcomed and can feel free to discuss football in a safe, friendly environment.

To that end, we do not allow insults, cursing, personal attacks and such on the site. The Golden Rule here is: "Don't be a jerk."

We try to keep the board organized in a very easy to read manner. Therefore, please search before you post a new thread and please post the topic in the correct forum. Duplicate threads of the same subject will be merged or deleted and if the topic is not DIRECTLY related to COLTS football, then it does *not* belong in the Colts Football forum.

You can find the rules anytime by clicking the link at the top right corner entitled -FORUM RULES. Additionally, if you ever have a question about board moderation, please send a private message to one of the members of your MOD TEAM. Above all else, please do your part for the community and report any actions that you see that are "out of line" by using the report button on each post (lower left corner of the message) or you can report a member in general from his/her profile if they are a particular problem.

Another feature that is helpful if someone simply gets to you on a personal level, but it is not a rule violation situation - use the IGNORE feature. It will help you and keep you out of trouble by removing the temptation to respond. :ignore:

Using proper netiquette will go a long way in communicating with fellow posters. Using ALL CAPS is rude and inflammatory. Don't do it.

One of the biggest NO-NOs on the forum is requesting and posting links for illegal websites and online streams for games. These threads/posts will be immediately deleted and accounts can be suspended. The same rules apply in the chat room. We understand that everyone wants to see their favorite team play, but this is a legal issue for the Colts and the board and is trouble we cannot have.

Again, we want everyone to enjoy the forum. Many people worked long and hard to get our fan forum back like it used to be (or as close as possible) and we want it to once again be successful. A community is only as good as its fans and posters. We are all in this together. The rules are simple and easy to follow and the mods here are pretty easy-going, helpful and quite nice. We don't bite...well, not TOO hard. :rawr:rotflmao

So just read the rules and show respect to your fellow posters (even those from other teams! :oops:) and things will be cool.

Now, who is ready for some football??? :coltshelmet::cheer::huthut:

Thanks for your cooperation and continued support! :shake:

Hidden

The Colts are nutts by the organizational moves they make. 1 - YOU LET TOM MOORE GO AND ANOTHER AFC TEAM GETS HIM??????

2 - PEYTON MANNING HAS SURGERY IN MAY AND ISN'T PRACTICING NOW

3 - COACH CALDWELL DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BE AN NFL COACH...PERIOD

4 - WHERE IN THE HECK ARE THE ADDITIONS TO HELP THE OFFENSIVE LINE PROBS

I'm only saying what i feel about what they are doing

I really hate the new rule about post i am a new member but i do not think i should be punished from other members not following rules i think there should be some other way to handle this i really look f0rward to adding post but by time i put in 20 this season will be over. I think they should be locked if not following rules but how ever you guys think is fare but i surly dont think this is