Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome To The Colts.com Fan Community Forum!

Peytongirl

Welcome everyone!

Hopefully this will be what everyone is looking for in a forum for all football fans, especially COLTS NATION.

The old forum rules are similar and you can find those via the various links for "forum rules/guidelines" and the "cliff notes"/quick version can be found here. If you were a member of our original forum, you will find a few changes. You can post images and videos anywhere on the forum (as long as they are of reasonable size - as in 800 x 600 max). You can also have an image in your signature (100 x 400 max), so banners are back if you like! But if you are a user who does not wish to see all of this in the forum, you can turn it all off in your board preferences inside your personal profile.

If you are a new user, please be aware that we do things a bit differently than most places. Please take time to read the rules. This is YOUR responsibility and you did agree to follow the rules when you created an account. Basically, we believe in mutual respect, a family-friendly forum for all fans and the golden rule of "don't be a jerk". Also, new users will have a few minor posting restrictions for a very limited time, just until you get the feel of the place and the atmosphere. This is not meant to be uninviting in any way as we welcome all visitors and new users. But we all need time to get to know each other and this can serve as a protection against savvy spammers. You will understand and appreciate this once you become a regular user.

If you see something out of line, please use the REPORT button to alert us. This cannot be said often enough as the mod team cannot read each and every post made on the board.

We have a chat room for the forum! Please be sure to review the specific chat rules prior to entering. The chat room will be open to the forum community on game days (and occasionally at other times, check the announcements) so that everyone can enjoy a GAME DAY CHAT session. We will still have our usually Game Day thread for those who aren't big on chat rooms.

And please help out the mod squad by using the "report" button in the lower left corner of a post if you see anything out of line. Thanks so much.

You can find some helpful tips on "navigating the community, what is netiquette and playing well with others" here (and don't forget that the ignore feature can be useful at times):

Helpful Tips For New Members Please post helpful suggestions about posting here

Helpful Tips For Irritated Posters What to do instead of taking personal shots at other members

Quick version of the site rules - the least you need to know

A big issue we constantly run into despite warnings everywhere...don't request or post links to websites or online streams of NFL games. This is a legal issue and is cause for suspension of posting privileges. Just please don't do it at all - anywhere on the site.

I am sure it is listed somewhere on the site, but just in case you need a quick list - below is a list of our current site moderation team. Community team members can assist you in all aspects of the site, where as Forum mods will generally assist in the forum discussion area only. Chat mods help to moderate the chat room and issue that arise there.

Your Team!

Maureen - Community Manager

Shecolt - Community Moderator

ColtsSouth - Community Moderator

Zebra3 - Community Moderator

21isSuperman - Community Moderator

JJ - Forum moderator

Susie Q - Chat Mod

Holden89 - Chat Mod

Danish Colt - Chat Mod

(and just a personal mod thing...in memory of Doubletap - one of our originals, a hero we lost last year)

Please feel free to contact any of us for help and if we don't have the answer, we will find it for you. Please enjoy the forum and let us know what you think!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome everyone!

We may still have a few glitches and bugs to work out, but things are mostly working. Please let us know if you come across anything.

Hopefully this will be what everyone is looking for in a forum.

The old rules are pretty much the same and you can find those in the upper right hand corner of the forum under "forum rules".

Like I said, we are still working out a few details, but please enjoy the forum and getting your profiles set up. Let us know what you think!

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!! I think this is more of what forum members will be looking for...

I like this board; it reminds me of the other board. Lets play some football in 2011.

I agree. I think what PG was saying is right. It has a lot of the feel of the "old" forum, but there is definitely a lot more flexibility on here! Way to go Maureen and team!

Ive been on this for 5 min and not banned for a week yet. I must be making progress, LOL

Hey, second chances for everyone (well, almost LOL )! Just follow the rules and you will be just fine. But you know that already. ;)

I have the old banned list, but I promise to not even look at it...unless I have to. :o haha

Just FYI for everyone. This *IS* now the forum for the FAN COMMUNITY known as COLTS DIRECT. This type of forum simply works better than the discussion area that was built into the original platform. But it is the hope that everyone will take advantage of all that the entire fan community has to offer.

We are still one site. :D

Hey, second chances for everyone (well, almost LOL )! Just follow the rules and you will be just fine. But you know that already. ;)

I have the old banned list, but I promise to not even look at it...unless I have to. :o haha

Are you finding your list?

Are you checking it twice?

Are you gonna find out who's naughty or nice?

;)

Just FYI for everyone. This *IS* now the forum for the FAN COMMUNITY known as COLTS DIRECT. This type of forum simply works better than the discussion area that was built into the original platform. But it is the hope that everyone will take advantage of all that the entire fan community has to offer.

We are still one site. :D

Exactly, same wood, different tree. We're two sides of the same coin, completely complimentary to each other. We go together like coffee and donuts, Salt and pepper, bananas and ice-cream...you get the idea.

There is no them and us, we are 'them' and they are 'us'.

Are you finding your list?

Are you checking it twice?

Are you gonna find out who's naughty or nice?

;)

LOL Most folks I remember, believe it or not. But as I said, second chances (or for a few...3rd, 4th...). But a new board, a new day. Clean slate and a truce :whiteflag: extended. All that is requested is that folks follow the rules. It is easy. Really.

LOL Most folks I remember, believe it or not. But as I said, second chances (or for a few...3rd, 4th...). But a new board, a new day. Clean slate and a truce :whiteflag: extended. All that is requested is that folks follow the rules. It is easy. Really.

LOL! I was teasing!

One thing that is probably going to change here from the older forums (because we have some options available that we didn't before): pending final approval - we will be able to post regular sized images and videos in all forums and we will be allowed one image in signatures (max size 100 x 400) or up to 3 lines of regular sized text - no oversized text and no URLs.

We understand that many posters have asked for this and we also understand that many users find this distracting. One good thing about this forum is that user have the option to disable avatars, images and signatures while reading the forum. So if you want to see these items - you can. If you do not wish to see them and you find them distracting, you can turn them off by going here in your own profile:

Colts Fan Forum - Your user profile

> Your control panel

> Forums

> Board Preferences

Board Display Settings (you can check box for yes or no)

View members' signatures when reading topics?

View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?

View members' avatars when reading topics?

So as soon as we get a final approval on these matters, the forum rules will be updated to reflect these changes. :)

Just trying to accommodate all users and their wishes to the best of our ability! :highfive:

Looks good. The new invision software is kind of surprising to me... It looks like they've taken a lot of elements from a Vbulliten board, and I wasn't expecting that. Nonetheless, this is what has been needed since the original forum was shut down. Now we've come full circle and it's time to begin re-building.

I've been a long time "Lurker" ...2005 / 2006 ... and never registered until Colts Direct came about. Since I was unhappy about the 2nd recent forum change and you guys created this, I figure I should get on-board and join finally.

This looks great at first glance! I feel like this is what the last actual "forum" should have been!

TY!

I hope to see a lot of former members come back and try out this new forum. That's not to say I hope they leave the other forums; there is no problem being a member of different sites. But there was a lot of "flavor" with the variety of personalities over the past few years. Even with the more "colorful" personalities everyone still managed to keep this site family-friendly (MOST of the time!). I'm looking forward to this forum getting back to that in the very near future. Again, I want to pass my thanks on to the team that put this forum together. It shows that, even though it took some time and growing pains, fans here ARE listened to.

Its good to be back. This is a format that I think will please most people and hopefully some of the 'old' regulars will find their way back.

That would be nice. I miss a lot of folks. Nice to see you again. :hug:

I cannot believe you got here before JJ. He is slipping! rotfl

JJ? Oh, JJ? Come out, come out...wherever you are! :wub:

Ok I'm here. A little slow in figuring out the new forum was actually up.

Good thing you called me or I'd still probably be in the dark,

Ok back and ready to rumble;-)