Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Garcon - Punt Returner?

oldunclemark

I'm seeing where Blair White is not Ok for this week's game..

Its been suggested before.../Is it time to try Pierre Garcon as a punt returner.....?

Unlike our KO return game..which is a little bit hopeless...

I think we could break some punts ...

...There's a risk but we're deep at receiver

..what do you think...

I'm seeing where Blair White is not Ok for this week's game..

Its been suggested before.../Is it time to try Pierre Garcon as a punt returner.....?

Unlike our KO return game..which is a little bit hopeless...

I think we could break some punts ...

...There's a risk but we're deep at receiver

..what do you think...

I think Garcon could be a threat as a kick/punt returner but he's basically the #1 receiver at the moment and has a shot at being a true #2 receiver next.

I say no but only because I don't want him getting beat up returning. Definitely not punt returning for the same reason plus he might drop.

Oh great, another put XXX at returner and the return game will go wild. Apparently you did not get the memo in the other 100 threads about it, the blocking is the issue not the returner. It would be absolutley stupid to put your #1 1A wr at the point of being knocked out with 11 people trying to knock his head off. Jeeez, going to be a long season and longer offseason with posts like this. :wall:

Oh great, another put XXX at returner and the return game will go wild. Apparently you did not get the memo in the other 100 threads about it, the blocking is the issue not the returner. It would be absolutley stupid to put your #1 1A wr at the point of being knocked out with 11 people trying to knock his head off. Jeeez, going to be a long season and longer offseason with posts like this. :wall:

At the moment, the front page could use a different topic. Don't read if you don't want to see.

I think Garcon could be a threat as a kick/punt returner but he's basically the #1 receiver at the moment and has a shot at being a true #2 receiver next.

I say no but only because I don't want him getting beat up returning. Definitely not punt returning for the same reason plus he might drop.

At this point he is not only the #1 receiver but also the #1 weapon on the entire Colts offense. And I do not mind to put Painter in bad field position since he will need to practice dealing with these situations.

I want to try out Prince Miller first and if he doesn't work out, then we try out Jerraud Powers. Pierre Garcon is a kick returner, it's where he played in 2008, and he did a very good job there. Then he became a starter, and i guess they don't want to risk the injury. So to answer your question, it's better if we play him at KR, not PR. Jerraud Powers is a better choice.

I want to try out Prince Miller first and if he doesn't work out, then we try out Jerraud Powers. Pierre Garcon is a kick returner, it's where he played in 2008, and he did a very good job there. Then he became a starter, and i guess they don't want to risk the injury. So to answer your question, it's better if we play him at KR, not PR. Jerraud Powers is a better choice.

Garcon returned kicks? For how long? I don't remember that. Yeah I would not have him catching punts, no way, kicks maybe.

Garcon is not our "1 reciever. If that is true then this team might as well pack it in for the next couple years.

He is this year and he's not bad as a number 1, just needs to keep on catching. The guy is explosive and physical like a Steve Smith(CAR)type.

Your number one receiver is the guy that the other team tries to take away. I'm pretty sure that it's still Wayne. Painter has a good rapport with Garcon, and his speed has resulted in some big plays, but you have to wonder how much success he would have if teams weren't worried about Reggie.

But whether #1, 2 or 3 - I detest the thought of using Garcon as a returner. Just not a good idea.

Edited by MAC

Garcon's hands are iffy. He has trouble catching spirals from QBs (though he has shown lots of improvement this year); it's much harder to catch a kicked ball. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing us try him out at returner and see what he can do. The true problem with the special teams isn't the returner, it's the blocking