Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns to unveil new "cutting-edge" uniforms next year.

Dustin

So let me get this straight... The designer of this uniform is NOT allowed to change the helmet. He HAS to use orange+brown. He has no logo to work with (unless orange+brown colors on a helmet count as a logo). He HAS to use both "cutting-edge" and something that "links back to their history," but ironically, history shows the Browns rarely did anything different with their uniforms.

If I was the designer, I would ask if they want me to turn water into funk.

Why can't the Colts be "uber-cutting edge post modern" with their uniforms. We are so boring....

All these uniform changes are hideous. The one thing I can say I like Irsay for is he respects tradition.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thats tradition. boring

Why can't the Colts be "uber-cutting edge post modern" with their uniforms. We are so boring....All these uniform changes are hideous. The one thing I can say I like Irsay for is he respects tradition.

While the Bucs new uni's are horrible, I like Seahawks new duds and the Dolphins aren't too bad.

I would like to see the Colts go to a totally new era uniform, removing the horse shoe and maybe putting the State of Indiana on the helmet. Maybe ditch the clue and white, and move to a Hoosier red.

i;d like to see the ravens ditch the purple and just adopt pink and where thongs instead of jockstraps 

I would like to see the Colts go to a totally new era uniform, removing the horse shoe and maybe putting the State of Indiana on the helmet. Maybe ditch the clue and white, and move to a Hoosier red.

Blahhh no way should we associate with the Hoosiers lol

The state thing makes me think of our Indiana State Sycamores logo... The Hoosier's colors are cream and crimson. We need to never change our uniforms.

Browns should go with the little goblin, or whatever it is on their helmets...maybe peeing on a Raven like Calvin pees on everything.

The state thing makes me think of our Indiana State Sycamores logo... The Hoosier's colors are cream and crimson. We need to never change our uniforms.

Browns should go with the little goblin, or whatever it is on their helmets...maybe peeing on a Raven like Calvin pees on everything.

And after all we've done for the Colt 's legacy....

And after all we've done for the Colt 's legacy....

Baltimore did little to help the Browns legacy. I find it odd the fans out there talk about us having the Colts, but forget about what they did to the Browns.

I digress because there is a subject at hand... and one I enjoy on the topic of uniforms. There have been few teams who changed that I like Buffalo and San Diego made good choices. Teams like Denver and New England should have stayed old school. Miami and Jacksonville went cartoony which is a bigger mistake.

Baltimore did little to help the Browns legacy. I find it odd the fans out there talk about us having the Colts, but forget about what they did to the Browns.

I digress because there is a subject at hand... and one I enjoy on the topic of uniforms. There have been few teams who changed that I like Buffalo and San Diego made good choices. Teams like Denver and New England should have stayed old school. Miami and Jacksonville went cartoony which is a bigger mistake.

The Browns legacy is completely intact down to the uniforms, logos, and records. In Baltimore, we had to invent a second set of uniforms , logos, and history, after we had invented the first set for the good people of Indy. We are very creative in Baltimore !

The Browns legacy is completely intact down to the uniforms, logos, and records. In Baltimore, we had to invent a second set of uniforms , logos, and history, after we had invented the first set for the good people of Indy. We are very creative in Baltimore !

Creative? Didn't the Ravens have to change their logo because of copyright infringement? Nothing says creativity quite like theft. Which they are good at. See Cleveland Browns.

Creative? Didn't the Ravens have to change their logo because of copyright infringement? Nothing says creativity quite like theft. Which they are good at. See Cleveland Browns.

No, they could have taken it and sued the City of Cleveland like a certain other family did, but on the end, the Modell family did the right thing. The NFL also did the right thing in getting Cleveland a team quickly in three years , and making sure they had their records , colors, and logos. The NFL failed to protect a city previously from another theft back in 1984.

Creative? Didn't the Ravens have to change their logo becaurespectivelyse of copyright infringement? Nothing says creativity quite like theft. Which they are good at. See Cleveland Browns.

I think I will call the family of Charles Evans of Middle River, Maryland who came up with the name Colts. Maybe they know something about copyright infringement.

• 2 weeks later...

The Browns' unis have never been "Cutting-edge". That is a ridiculous statement for them to make.

But I will actually defend their old school style uniforms and helmets, I love the old white uniforms they used to wear in the 80's. The white jerseys and white pants with the stripes looked awesome. The brown pants they've worn in recent years is very ugly. Nothing wrong with the helmet either, I like the no logo, orange helmet cause it's old school.

For the sake or argument, these uniforms looked awesome and I have no idea why they never used these again.

-11f962a7122d045b.jpg

and the orange jerseys they wore in the early 2000's was HORRIBLE.

If anything, they need to just go back to the unis from the 70's in the picture above. Seriously, what is wrong with those orange pants? It looks retro, it looks AWESOME.